Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

that's not sumo, that's fishermanning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

frajaq posted:

literally no way he loses, im investing everything into juliuscoins

I can't possibly go wrong

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Like last series where we were constantly asking when the ultimate jobber finally jobs, but instead its every kengan asura fighter and its not jobbing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I watched this on Netflix and then I picked up the manga

The thing that sold me on this was actually the Devil Lance guy. I was waiting every fight for this Super Awesome guy to job to one of the main characters to show how cool and strong they were

But the guy goes on to win everything. He just sort of shows up and beats the poo poo out of the two main antagonists (The Fang guy and the Psycho guy) AND the protagonist and is a total badass. It surprised me, and I like being surprised by comic books

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gensai continues to be the coolest.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

where the red fern gropes posted:

bird guy: "I challenge you to a duel"
beard: "you literally can't even stand up"
bird guy: "Here I come!"
beard: "no."

I love how Kuroki's solution to NINJA MISDIRECTION is to just walk up and hit him while he's doing his fancy hand motions :allears:

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
The only thing that kinda irks me atm is no Kazzy agency in picking fighters. Then again it saves pages for more cool musclemen dunking on each other so...

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

everyone acknowledged rihito’s potential :unsmith:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Begemot posted:

I love how Kuroki's solution to NINJA MISDIRECTION is to just walk up and hit him while he's doing his fancy hand motions :allears:

I also liked him staring directly at the strike Falcon tried to throw while he was neck jabbing him.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Caidin posted:

I also liked him staring directly at the strike Falcon tried to throw while he was neck jabbing him.

That's strong fundamentals at work.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ugusername posted:

The only thing that kinda irks me atm is no Kazzy agency in picking fighters. Then again it saves pages for more cool musclemen dunking on each other so...

when it's Purgatory's turn to choose first he's definitely going to use his uncanny fight sense to pick the best counter at some point

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't like Kazzy's scheme. Where is the fun in having corporate disputes settled by having everyone contract out to the same organization? The whole appeal is having to comb the world for weird prospects and finding wacky fighters. The no killing clause is ofc good but it seems like a funsuck in general.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

when it's Purgatory's turn to choose first he's definitely going to use his uncanny fight sense to pick the best counter at some point

the best counter will surprisingly be a mirror match like it has been every other time.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
This is gonna end in the first five seconds with Julius throwing Mudo out of the ring, and then Kaz lamenting that they couldn't save Julius for someone stronger.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Uncle Khasim posted:

everyone acknowledged rihito’s potential :unsmith:

Its the least they could do. This better be the long term side story project where rihito keeps getting better and eventually earns his nickname in full.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Also mudo almost looks like a copy pasted jules wtf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't wait for wakatsuki's reveal that he started on all the steroids julius is on

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mindblast posted:

Its the least they could do. This better be the long term side story project where rihito keeps getting better and eventually earns his nickname in full.

Rihito would have won if he had just ripped and torn from the word go. Rihito tried to be fancy like gensai and he ain't there yet

But Gensai acknowledges the raw potential of Rihito's razor edge

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mindblast posted:

Also mudo almost looks like a copy pasted jules wtf
An exclusive skin for preordering the collector's edition.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Mhm. He will lose every battle on the way, to fuel his progress, of course, until eventually everyone agrees that despite losing almost every single match in the series, he is actually on par with Gensai now. He will continue to lose every match after that, of course, to show that the new hot fighter is as powerful as Gensai without needing to have a fight with the Beard, but everyone will always be impressed by his fights (that he loses) and consider him a huge badass. Not gonna lie, this fight did pretty good job of convincing me that Rihito is the Yamcha of Kengan series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Rihito would have won if he had just ripped and torn from the word go. Rihito tried to be fancy like gensai and he ain't there yet
Problem was he only landed a single punch and like two kicks before he started using his ripper. So it's not like he could have bled the falcon too much prior to when he started his own offensive.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Brought To You By posted:

Problem was he only landed a single punch and like two kicks before he started using his ripper. So it's not like he could have bled the falcon too much prior to when he started his own offensive.

Because he was trying to predict Falcon's moves instead of just going "gently caress it, tanking that hit and taking his pectoral muscles"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This manga sucks, they're just doing mirror matches instead of making poo poo interesting.

Oh boy, boxer vs boxer, how novel. Oh yay, the two giants are gonna punch each other a bunch, hooray.

At least Rithito wasn't fighting someone who had the same build as him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
"I'll show you true strength that cannot be surpassed by technique!"

He then fights a dude as big as him or maybe slightly larger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

This manga sucks, they're just doing mirror matches instead of making poo poo interesting.

Oh boy, boxer vs boxer, how novel. Oh yay, the two giants are gonna punch each other a bunch, hooray.

falcon started off doing his best approximation of razor edge, too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Exercu posted:

Because he was trying to predict Falcon's moves instead of just going "gently caress it, tanking that hit and taking his pectoral muscles"
Rihito is still going to risk losing against Falcon if he tanks everything since from very early on the Owl Talon was being used. What he needed was for the Falcon to go in too deep to dodge away from a counter-attack as well as deliver a ripper attack. Something that wasn't happening even when the Falcon had the advantage. I agree that Rihito got hosed over by trying to be fancy like Gensai, he admits it himself. But even after Falcon was too slippery to really land a blow against while Rihito kept eating them himself. If he had led with a ripper it could also have made Falcon even more wary and then you have a chuuni from Singapore running the clock until his dose of poison kicks in. Alternatively maybe being more aggressive early on could have led Rihito to victory this matchup is still in both parties favor.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Julius gonna Hammer of Burma this dude

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Same tbh. I would reserve my opinion before next issue but it's kinda stale. Rihito fight was awesome imo!

There has to be some other parallel story going on where other fighters will have a go on worm bitches

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Dias posted:

Gensai continues to be the coolest.
He'd be cooler if they kept his homeless biker look from when he was first introduced.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
I'm actually gonna say that, rereading it, the only decision I flat-out hate so far is Medel pulling capoeira out of literally nowhere; the fight imo would have been much more interesting if they'd stuck purely to boxing (hypothetical alternate: Medel maintains a narrow upper hand at first but tries to end it quickly by breaking Gaolang's right hand with an elbow block; this backfires horribly due to GODFIST and he's forced to resort to double ring out after losing his left arm)

A Stranger
Sep 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, Kengan Omega has been disappointing 'till now. Seemed to hold some potential with the Koga storyline but now that's been pushed aside to inexplicably and unnecessarily reintroduce our rather dull former protagonist... The story being bad could be forgiven if the fights were still cool, but it has mostly varied between "meh" and "bad".

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I liked it even more than ashura until the current plotline started up. Now I'm counting the chapters until the main character is relevant again.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Yeah, Omega has been really good so far, we're just at a weird point with this current arc. I'm hoping that this is gonna have pay-off by having Koga witness all of these fights and learn from them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Now that people are agreeing with me I just want to clarify that I don't think this manga is actually trash and I am not enjoying it.

I have confidence that after seeing these two matches that the rest of the Kengan fighters will be prepared for the tricks the Purgatory fighters are going to try and pull in future fights and take them seriously from the outset.

edit: No, I take it back again, this blows. Where the gently caress is Kiryu Setsuna and why is no one else concerned about not knowing his whereabouts?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Eh, Kiryu was honestly one of the less interesting parts of Ashura for me. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Kure clan working to track him down.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kiryu is on his journey of self-enlightenment He is growing a beard so he can properly top Ohma

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one really cares about setsuna because he was just some guy that got rocked by the beard. he was far from the most murderous competitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Setsuna as a fake ohma would have been interesting instead of actual Ohma surviving and then being put in the background along with Koga.