Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I could see why they did it initially but to be still doing it in 2020 is silly. There is a reason that nobody else does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I'm a TK Steelman.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We’ll put a boot in your rear end, it’s the American Way

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Guessing the old card Seth skips in 807 cause they "recently lost someone in their life" was a John Travolta one? e: oh he says it right as I clicked "post"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
If I had one wish, its that Seth would please stop shouting. There's a missed connections in 801 that I had to skip because Seth seemed to be engaged in some performance art.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

He should still have done the robin williams one because his comedy was so loving racist.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

inferis posted:

He should still have done the robin williams one because his comedy was so loving racist.

That's not fair

It was also tremendously homophobic

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

If I had one wish, its that Seth would please stop shouting. There's a missed connections in 801 that I had to skip because Seth seemed to be engaged in some performance art.

i would wish for him to continue shouting, canceling out your wish

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

i would wish for him to continue shouting, canceling out your wish

Ah, the old Wishers Gambit.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Can anyone tell me what the vinyl record (?) on the bottom-right of the new poster is? Now on my wall and driving me slightly insane.

Also don't think I remember the context of the dead parrot?

And searching 'Marty Rulz' just took me to this great clip of Seth in McBride, which I don't think I'd seen in full before: https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/9/f/89...93416cdcbbc3fa8

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

GraPar posted:

Can anyone tell me what the vinyl record (?) on the bottom-right of the new poster is? Now on my wall and driving me slightly insane.

And searching 'Marty Rulz' just took me to this great clip of Seth in McBride, which I don't think I'd seen in full before: https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/9/f/89...93416cdcbbc3fa8

Blues Traveler, Four

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

GraPar posted:

That's parrot-larroquette! The parrot Jah saves from the middle of the road that is about to be eaten by hawks who then dies in his arms and he gave a viking burial, possibly on the night of a superbowl?

I think it's my favourite Jah related story.

A while back I found the old Seth acting clips from their website and saved them all, so if you've ever wanted to see all of them:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YCqOXf_gsoZwJKOlAeQ8VEftWq84cwwG?usp=sharing

Claes Oldenburger fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 1, 2020

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thank you both! I think in my head I was mixing up the parrot story with the rat in a bag story, also a classic.

The/some Seth commercial clips also linked here: https://www.reddit.com/r/uhhyeahdude/comments/ebj0du/seths_commercial_reel/

Pretty sure I remember seeing a video of that Georgia Pacific ad going straight into live coverage of 9/11 but I cannot find it now...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Pretty sure I remember seeing a video of that Georgia Pacific ad going straight into live coverage of 9/11 but I cannot find it now...

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

There's a minor Dear Jonathan in I think ep 415 or 416 that's a little crazy. It's this woman who writes in to say that her husband recently went away for the weekend with his ex but now he can't remember what happened except that they didn't share the same bed. A therapist said it might be 'anxiety induced amnesia'.

"What are you doing this weekend?"
"Honey I'm going out of town.
"With who?
"My ex girlfriend."

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 1, 2020

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Wow that poster is awesome, I missed out

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Awesome, thanks

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
I got something in the mail today.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

GraPar posted:

Thank you both! I think in my head I was mixing up the parrot story with the rat in a bag story, also a classic.

The/some Seth commercial clips also linked here: https://www.reddit.com/r/uhhyeahdude/comments/ebj0du/seths_commercial_reel/

Ha! That was me posting them all. Had to share them to the people who want to see them!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Pooky posted:

I got something in the mail today.

That's is truly amazing.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I can straight up hear seth describing his poses looking at that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

110: "Oh my God. This is awesome. I can feel your warm guts." 888-842-2357

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Does anyone have any full backups or anything for Weck's Wiki / archive.uhhyeahdude.com ? I'm trying to make a UYD randomizer that pulls up random clips using the timestamps (I remember the archive specifically had a ton of timestamped bits) but all I can find is a Github page for the site shell without any of the actual data.

EDIT: oh and obviously there's the Wayback archives but those are a pain to parse through.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 4, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Does anyone have any full backups or anything for Weck's Wiki / archive.uhhyeahdude.com ? I'm trying to make a UYD randomizer that pulls up random clips using the timestamps (I remember the archive specifically had a ton of timestamped bits) but all I can find is a Github page for the site shell without any of the actual data.

EDIT: oh and obviously there's the Wayback archives but those are a pain to parse through.

I think the wayback method is the only one really. There was another site that had replicated it to a degree but its gone now.

The wiki was great and I thought a few people might have come together by now to try and get a functioning site together again.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

DrVenkman posted:

I think the wayback method is the only one really. There was another site that had replicated it to a degree but its gone now.

The wiki was great and I thought a few people might have come together by now to try and get a functioning site together again.

Yeah I was considering trying to start up a new wiki but it's a daunting task. The depth of Weck's is pretty incredible.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Yeah I was considering trying to start up a new wiki but it's a daunting task. The depth of Weck's is pretty incredible.
It's insane to consider doing it as a solo project, but very feasible to crowdsource. If you can persuade a couple hundred fans to do an episode or two each and allocate everyone unique episodes I don't think it would even have to take that long.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The only Seth TV picks I will watch are Lifetime movies. The pilot school one a few months ago was top notch. I will probably watch this one if I can find it to stream on my TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kae_G8fB4ts

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Revisiting some absolute UYD classics in 808: mafia guys and the James Ellroy photo.

"43 is a real noggin-churner"

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Here's the original mafia bust clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUVKSVLQJ2I

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

edit: boashk

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

I've been trying to find a clip on youtube... I've done every word search for it and can't find it. It's the classic clip of Seth in the restaurant where he doesn't talk, and he meets his future wife that gets hauled away by paramedics.

Please and thank you!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

soupy. posted:

I've been trying to find a clip on youtube... I've done every word search for it and can't find it. It's the classic clip of Seth in the restaurant where he doesn't talk, and he meets his future wife that gets hauled away by paramedics.

Please and thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3VnwjPuIc

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It still fucks me up to hear how much younger they sounded.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I wonder if Seth ever posted a “missed connections” on Craigslist for this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope seth's wife turned out ok. SATAN!!!!!!!

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

My request is if anyone has the clip of the story of Jonathan being in a jam band (Or at least just jamming) with Chris Cornell. I only heard the story once but it’s one of my favourites.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Carwash oval office posted:

My request is if anyone has the clip of the story of Jonathan being in a jam band (Or at least just jamming) with Chris Cornell. I only heard the story once but it’s one of my favourites.
Don't have a clip but it's the last segment from a live episode (so it's in the Patreon vault), 577, the day after he died. Starts around 1:42.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Thanks. I was just thinking about it again and wasn’t sure if it was Cornell or Scott Weiland. I see they have segments about both of them but I’ll start there.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

One of my all-time favorite clips. I was so excited to hear them re-visit this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Carwash oval office posted:

Thanks. I was just thinking about it again and wasn’t sure if it was Cornell or Scott Weiland. I see they have segments about both of them but I’ll start there.
Ha, the weird guy Jonathan happens to know I heard recently in an very old episode was Shifty Shellshock of Crazy Town.