Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Animal Crossing just got updated in Japan at least, and that dream feature was added, but you can only go and visit islands that you know the number for? I thought the whole idea is you could see a random island of just somebody on the internet. I mean, if they're somebody you know already you can just visit the island in person.

I really, really like it because I can put the Dream Code everywhere and let people explore my island, at their leisure, without having my gate open or even while I'm playing something else. I often don't have time to clean everything up and open the gate, or I might want to play something else on my Switch. And since nothing anybody does in the dream version has any effect on my own island, I can let total strangers have the code and nothing bad will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Policenaut posted:

No peace on this Earth until Groose is in Smash Bros.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just want to say that there is only one thing worse than botw weapon durability chat and that is zelda timeline chat.

:tipshat:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now you've started it again :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Thanks for whoever recommended tangledeep. This is exactly the level of consolized top down dungeon roguelike I wanted. Feels like playing dungeons of dredmor or powder or that era of roguelike

Oooh, I loved Dredmor, so I might pick this up.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just want to say that there is only one thing worse than botw weapon durability chat and that is zelda timeline chat.

the reason why they haven't shown more from botw2 is because the office is engaged in a deadly civil war over weapon durability

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are you supposed to do in Master Mode? skip by enemies until you have real weapons? can you kill a bokoblin with an iron sword or whatever?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what are you supposed to do in Master Mode? skip by enemies until you have real weapons? can you kill a bokoblin with an iron sword or whatever?

Don't bother fighting, is what I did.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/Mark83773834/status/1288544768344100866

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

change to a difficulty mode that's better designed

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Crystal Chronicles had great water on the GCN and I am excited to see how it looks in the remaster. I bet it'll look worse.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's like hearing people excitedly tell you about their dreams, it's so painfully obvious that it's only remotely interesting to them but they're less socially aware than you so you just endure it while trying to desperately find an exit back to your cubicle

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

KingSlime posted:

It's like hearing people excitedly tell you about their dreams, it's so painfully obvious that it's only remotely interesting to them but they're less socially aware than you so you just endure it while trying to desperately find an exit back to your cubicle

you should be nicer about people who want to share things with you and make meaningful connections. it's a hard world we live in, KingSlime

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

change to a difficulty mode that's better designed

Yeah I hope that BotW2 Master Mode has some thought behind it rather than "We turned the multipliers up by 5 on everything! Enjoy trying to kill Bokoblins for 10min each!"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
No Ben I don't give a poo poo about your trite dream narratives that are obviously a reshuffle of your very mundane life. There's no meaningful insight or connections to be made there buddy let me get back to work

I think the point that I'm trying to make is that people who share their dreams with you aren't doing it for your sake, or to share something with you. They're just treating you as their audience while they prance on stage for their own benefit.

Definitely not something to get too worked up over sure, but yeah it's not a genuine attempt to connect with someone and this is why it's off putting to most people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I hope that BotW2 Master Mode has some thought behind it rather than "We turned the multipliers up by 5 on everything! Enjoy trying to kill Bokoblins for 10min each!"

It's such a disappointment because it's not like it would have been that hard to make the difficulty higher in a way that's still fun to play.

Like from the top of my head you could rework how extra health food like durians work, put some limitations to chugging stuff while in combat (maybe make stuff heal you over time instead) and increase enemy spawns or something.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what if weapons degraded much more slowly but could be buffed and repaired through crafting, and you could still pick up weapons off the ground and throw them but you could only carry around what fits on Zelda's person? like a bow, sword, and spear that they rig animations for him pulling off his back

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Moon's out August 27th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClNYk5Pbdw

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Interesting, did undertale rip that game off or what (or rather was inspired by it I should say)? This is my first time actually looking at a trailer for this game and I found it interesting that I've heard many people refer to undertale as the first anti RPG ever!

Either way this looks cooler than I had initially thought

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yes, the creator of Undertale said he was inspired by MOON. He didn't "rip it off"

The game looks neat but is it enjoyable to play?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah not the best choice of words, the art style and bullet hell style combat alone make undertale its own thing. Being an RPG nerd, makes me wonder if there's yet another earlier anti RPG I haven't heard about

Other than paper Mario origami king HEH (this works best if you pretend I didn't use the word earlier)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I had a dream last night that I was playing Mother 3 on my Nintendo Switch.

That's how I knew it was a dream.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/931655092264108032?s=20

Yoshiro Kimura, the creator of Moon, is a big fan of Undertale. He's done interviews and hung out with Toby Fox.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've wanted to play Moon for a very long time now and I'm so excited that it's finally getting an official US release. I wish there was a physical release because it's something I would love to add to my small Switch game physical collection but I'm just happy it's getting a release period.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How is the lowest price for the BotW dlc $17.99?

gently caress Nintendo out your poo poo on sale

gently caress Nerds stop buying full price Nintendo poo poo so they start putting things on sale

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lets hang out posted:

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/931655092264108032?s=20

Yoshiro Kimura, the creator of Moon, is a big fan of Undertale. He's done interviews and hung out with Toby Fox.

Aww, that's pretty cool :unsmith:.

I've actually never heard of Moon before now, but I adore esoteric games like this and I can't wait to play it.

Policenaut posted:

I've wanted to play Moon for a very long time now and I'm so excited that it's finally getting an official US release. I wish there was a physical release because it's something I would love to add to my small Switch game physical collection but I'm just happy it's getting a release period.

That's not quite as impossible as you might think; there's several publishers like Special Reserve Games and Limited Run Games that specialize in exactly this sort of thing, so you might well get lucky.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Len posted:

gently caress Nerds stop buying full price Nintendo poo poo so they start putting things on sale

no

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But I don't want to spend $20 for years old DLC that adds QoL features that should have been in the game at launch

But I want a motorcycle

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The motorcycle is cool for like five minutes. By the time you get it, you've pretty much explored everything anyway, and there's not a lot of places that make for sweet riding and tricks and stuff.

Plus your motorcycle has fuel durability so you gotta shove rocks in it to make it go.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The motorcycle is hilarious because the game wasn't actually optimized with it in mind so you actually get moments where the game has to stop and load while you're driving around the open world because you're going too fast, something that otherwise basically never happened unless you used physics exploits to launch yourself at mach speeds.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Hero's path is totally worth 20 bucks

But yeah it would be better if you could pirate it because that single feature should have been included in the base game, keep the motorcycles locked behind a pay gate for all I care. heros path is basically required if you want to make sure you've gotten to check out everything in the world

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Zelda having a timeline makes it pretty grim since you're basically saying Hyrule goes through apocalypses and loses technology over and over for thousands of years leaving everyone scrabbling in the dirt trying not to be murdered by monsters

Honestly this is just what I've always thought. Growing up with the first two NES games, it had that same 1980's fantasy vibe where everything was pretty bleak and melancholy (see: The Dark Crystal, Legend, Conan, basically anything in Sword & Sorcery in that era) and I loving love that aesthetic.

Breath of the Wild being something set even after the NES games spoke to my 6 -year-old NES-obsessed heart.

None of it matters, of course. The timeline is bullshit, but it hit the right nostalgia chord with me when it came out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aww, that's pretty cool :unsmith:.

I've actually never heard of Moon before now, but I adore esoteric games like this and I can't wait to play it.

If you're interested he's got a couple other games on Switch: BLACK BIRD and Dandy Dungeon. They're both wonderfully charming and bizarre. And if you've got a PS2 or PS3 sitting around, or a PC to emulate it with, Chulip is an absolute classic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Len posted:

How is the lowest price for the BotW dlc $17.99?

gently caress Nintendo out your poo poo on sale

lmao

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Please don't have sex with the Nintendo no matter how upset you are at the prices

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
How's Kill la Kill IF? It's currently on sale for :10bux: and I've been kind of interested in checking it out.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I was halfway through the BOTW main quest like a year and a half ago and then I got distracted from games for a few months and never picked it back up again. Should I start over? If so, would my experience be enhanced by picking up the DLC? I know some of it is postgame stuff, I just wanna make sure the stuff that folds into the main game isn't like bad AAA preorder dlc from a decade ago that immediately hogs space on your quest list from the very start and gives you a sword that makes the whole game trivially easy

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

KingSlime posted:

Please don't have sex with the Nintendo no matter how upset you are at the prices

You can't stop the gently caress Nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pretty good posted:

the stuff that folds into the main game isn't like bad AAA preorder dlc from a decade ago that immediately hogs space on your quest list from the very start and gives you a sword that makes the whole game trivially easy

It’s a lot of mostly cosmetic stuff that becomes worthless by midgame, late game dungeons that don’t unlock until after the main dungeons, and a fun marker that shows where you’ve been on the map.