Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Yeah if Glinner was sending nudes on mumsnet I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it before now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Fair enough, my mistake.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Also folks reported on him joining "the racism app" Parler, and then his account being hacked there to post pro-trans messages. It appears now that the account was fake to start with. Up to you on which scenario is funnier.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
He just seems profoundly mentally ill, and part of me thinks that if he could just get some professional help then maybe he'd stop.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I read something somewhere about how his anti trans bullshit stemmed from a bit in the IT Crowd where a person gets punched for being "a man dressed as a woman". I don't remember that bit though, so I may be off. Anyone remember something along those lines?

There's probably a parallel universe where Dermot Morgan is still alive and thinks Linehan is a oval office though, which is nice.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It was an actual trans character.

Matt Berry's character and hers proceed to a do a complete free for all brawl due to his character being trans-phobic (the joke was he misheard her and though she was from Iran), MB's utter tool bag character started it after a really even bad for said characters behavior.

It has not aged well.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think it started when he broke his leg, and was bored out of his mind and high on painkillers. What follows is a mixture of stubbornness and standard online radicalisation.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Radicalised by Mumsnet.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think it started when he broke his leg, and was bored out of his mind and high on painkillers. What follows is a mixture of stubbornness and standard online radicalisation.

Wasn't it literally a testicle removal operation that magnified his insanity?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

First episode of the What What Do In The Shadows 2nd series is on the iPlayer right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SeanBeansShako posted:

First episode of the What What Do In The Shadows 2nd series is on the iPlayer right now.

The whole of the 2nd series is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

The whole of the 2nd series is.

Fantastic only saw the first one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The final episodes of I May Destroy You are up on iPlayer now. Absolutely incredible ending.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is wild.

https://twitter.com/sebpatrick/status/1283347228271226880

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Escobarbarian posted:

The final episodes of I May Destroy You are up on iPlayer now. Absolutely incredible ending.

Only slightly diminished by my wife calling it a (minor spoilers for last episode) Wayne's World ending

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Binged Crashing over the weekend as it was on Netflix, granted I only started watching PWB's stuff when Killing Eve started, but how on earth did I overlook this? It's hilarious :)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Binged Crashing over the weekend as it was on Netflix, granted I only started watching PWB's stuff when Killing Eve started, but how on earth did I overlook this? It's hilarious :)

Same (except I've not watched Killing Eve yet)

Based solely on Crashing and Fleabag PWB seems to love writing herself a role where a man desperately wants to gently caress her but shouldn't but eventually does anyway because her posh but quirky vagina is too compelling.

Melody/Colin was the best part of the show imo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aw, I just read that People Just Do Nothing: Big In Japan is pushed to February next year. Another victim of '2020 isn't allowed to be fun at all'. I'm really looking forward to another entry in the continued tradition of movies of UK TV shows have to be done in a foreign country to make them special.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that indeed sucks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfMBkiPFh-k

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

...did they realise the original was black comedy?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

the "amazon original" branding mark seems like false advertising on an adaptation.

but looking like it's poo poo as it does is keeping very on brand

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I liked but never really loved the original, but that looks like poo poo. Its bad enough to look like a parody.

Say what you want about Utopia in terms of its quality, but at least it had a distinctive look, sound and feel. This just looks like any other generic Amazon show.

Its a shame too because I met Adeel Akhtar a few years ago and I mentioned it, and both he and the rest of the cast were still quite passionate about the show and were hoping for some sort of continuation. And now we get this.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What the hell is that Arby? It's like he's trying to be creepy, which is missing the whole point and just....eugh.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Taskmaster Series Ten line-up confirmed:

One of the co-writers/stars of This Country
That guy from the tea adverts with the knitted sock puppet monkey
Jen from the IT Crowd
Somebody I don't recognize so can't make a mocking cultural reference
That comedian who does lots of podcasts. No, not Andy Zaltzman. The other one. The fish guy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a pretty strong lineup, imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'd rather they had the puppet monkey instead, but it's not bad overall.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Taskmaster Series Ten line-up confirmed:

One of the co-writers/stars of This Country
That guy from the tea adverts with the knitted sock puppet monkey
Jen from the IT Crowd
Somebody I don't recognize so can't make a mocking cultural reference
That comedian who does lots of podcasts. No, not Andy Zaltzman. The other one. The fish guy.

I haven't thought about Andy Zaltzman in a while. I sort of lost interest in the Bugle after John Oliver left for Last Week Tonight and left Zaltzman without a good foil to reign in his LOL SO ZANY excesses.

I'm semi-new to British panel shows and have been mainlining Taskmaster over the past few months. Pumped for the new season and for the older episodes coming to the CW. I only recognize Johnny Vegas and am looking forward to him throwing grand mal fits over dumb poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This looks so generic.
I loved Utopia when it came out, the music was so great I got the soundtrack, the actors were brilliant.
Jessica and Petr, you knew they were hosed up in some way, in this it looks like they are just normal people.
It Watchmen was cancelled after a season, can see this not doing well either.

VVVV: Ah, you are right. It was originally cancelled but its getting a second season. Still, if that was dodgy, cant see Utopia lasting long.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 29, 2020

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Anals of History posted:

Pumped for the new season and for the older episodes coming to the CW.

They have a YT channel with all the episodes on it from the first seven series, and seem to add new ones every week.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watchmen wasn’t cancelled after a season

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

happyhippy posted:

They have a YT channel with all the episodes on it from the first seven series, and seem to add new ones every week.

Oh yeah, the YT channel is what I've been happily watching (and re-watching) the past few months. Only brought up CW because I'd love to see Taskmaster UK do well in the states.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
I am very excited to see Johnny Vegas on Taskmaster, as Ideal is still one of my favorite shows.

Re: Amazon Utopia. That trailer was depressing, and not in the way Utopia is supposed to be depressing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Still annoyed that Ideal never got properly finished, the phantom last series mocking me on my DVD shelf.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Johnny Vegas seems a perfect fit for Taskmaster, he's going to have some loving bizarre solutions to challenges.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Massively underwhelming teaser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKWV_WCfOZs

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Johnny Vegas seems a perfect fit for Taskmaster, he's going to have some loving bizarre solutions to challenges.

He's funny as gently caress, but hopefully he doesn't do his routine of talking constantly over other people too much.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

A few years ago I kind of got obsessed with an idea for a sitcom that would star Richard Herring, Andy Zaltzman and Adam Buxton all living in a flat together. It would be called "The Triad of Failure".

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Richard Herring has been trying to get back on TV for so long and is so kinda...weird about it that I'm worried about what he'll be like.
I hope it's not awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's been part of his set for years now, I think it's just an act. Mostly.

He's been doing BBC radio work recently, but that's not really a good guide to mental stability or whether they think you're going to be unworkably unpredictable.