Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Shh, they're sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There are no rules to this thread, except that steel is real and matte black is bad

I dislike all matte paint jobs. They only look good when they're brand new - so hard to clean.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

yes

bicievino posted:

I dislike all matte paint jobs. They only look good when they're brand new - so hard to clean.

no

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

sup :c00l:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:jackbud:

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

All the bags. Taken this morning.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There are no rules to this thread, except that steel is real and matte black is bad

Fun colors are better, but matte black can be good

bicievino posted:

Wrong, 2400 miles on mine and it looks exactly like it did when I got it

and I'm not doing anything fancy, just some sprayway glass cleaner and a microfiber towel once in a while.

and steel IS real

kill me now fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 26, 2020

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
To be fair, that's blue :troll:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kill me now posted:

Fun colors are better, but matte black can be good

Wrong, 2400 miles on mine and it looks exactly like it did when I got it

and I'm not doing anything fancy, just some sprayway glass cleaner and a microfiber towel once in a while.

Ok, I think gold chains are overrated, but come the gently caress on and slap one on that bike.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When I'm not using it for commuting:

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 26, 2020

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

iospace posted:

Ok, I think gold chains are overrated, but come the gently caress on and slap one on that bike.

I will, after the ultegra one is worn out

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kill me now posted:

I will, after the ultegra one is worn out

Actually get this one

https://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-11sb-black-edi.html

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

When I'm not using it for commuting:

Milwaukee Goon!

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Hard pass

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

ayyyyyyy

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

I got to the end of the trail and right before the park I came across this. Luckily, someone had already did the work of ripping up the fence on this side.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

I acquiesce in the face of y'all's evidence of matte frames kept clean.

Seriously though please share your secrets - minor bits of grease on the paint from chain slap/who knows what are making my wife's bike ugly.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Swapped the wheels, brought it to it's more natural habitat

Sorry not sorry this sign is as close as it gets to a wall around here; wall photo policy is discriminatory towards those with miles of empty forest roads instead of buildings to slap walls on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Put a Concor on the Univega. Was hoping for an old leather one but the 90s "light" model looks alright too.

Still need to figure out what I'm going to do about that cello-tape.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Put a Concor on the Univega. Was hoping for an old leather one but the 90s "light" model looks alright too.

Still need to figure out what I'm going to do about that cello-tape.

Tressostar / Newbaums?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Honestly I was thinking something with a multicolor theme to match the seattube logo and also because silver is a neutral color to work with, but I'll probably be boring and go with standard cork tape in blue.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

commuter bike that im not riding these days

gravel bike that im not riding these days

not pictured; other bike im not riding these days

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Honestly I was thinking something with a multicolor theme to match the seattube logo and also because silver is a neutral color to work with, but I'll probably be boring and go with standard cork tape in blue.

Cork tape just doesn't look right for those old bikes. Either you ride with gloves, or you could get some of the perforated Fizik stuff. I can't remember the exact type but they have one that's got no logos on it, is grippy, comes in a couple of different thicknesses, and feels pretty nice. I almost never wear gloves and it feels really nice.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008
My original TCR, hours before I destroyed it by running into the back of a parked car at around 30 kph, less than 10 km from home after a 200 km ride last Christmas Eve:

...and its replacement. Heavier and seemingly slower, but it's a size larger and fits me better:

...and my recently departed Propel. Damm fun bike, but I wasn't riding it much. Regret selling it, though:

I like Giants.
Apparently I like black Giants (and I posted this before I realised there's a movement against black bikes on this very page). :ohdear:
And I like riding to beaches.

Hoopy Frood fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 27, 2020

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Hoopy Frood posted:

I like Giants.
Apparently I like black Giants (and I posted this before I realised there's a movement against black bikes on this very page).

Black Bikes Matter

guri
Jun 14, 2001
This is my beloved bicycle. It is a mamachari which is a Japanese term for a mother's bicycle usually decked out to carry groceries and kids around. Somehow it found its way to Korea where a bicycle shop gave it to me for free because they were just going to toss it out as junk. It doesn't have gears and is very clunky. The front wheel is the wrong size and I can't find the correct size here so the front break doesn't really hit correctly while the back brake is a drum type which tends to screech and is very ineffective when you start to speed up heading downhill. But I have been riding it for seven years now and I love it. It has gotten me up into the mountains, to the beach, along coastal roads. I've ridden it home 15km with a 24-pack of beer strapped to the back. I've carried furniture home on it. It's a good bicycle.

The best is seeing people super serious people trekking along decked out with gear and I just blow past them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Next picture will be with 2.6s on her :getin:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
CX bike is so gravel right now

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Sup new thread. Here's what I've got at the moment:

Mountain bicycle.

Commuter/bumming around town bicycle.

Old road bicycle.

New road bicycle in progress.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Hello new thread!

Here's a picture from a less than good commute I had a while back. See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture.

I think this picture breaks at least half the rules in the OP.

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 30, 2020

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Lonjon posted:

Hello new thread!

Here's a picture from a less than good commute I had a while back. See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture.

Well you definitely don't have your chain in the right gears for a pro photo.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I've posted these in other threads but I love my bikes

My mountain bike of 11 years - a Vassago Jabberwocky. I've never had a mountain bike I love as much as this one and it is perfectly suited for my northern Virginia trails. I'm sad that my next bike will be a geared full suspension but I plan to keep the Jabberwocky forever.

My gravel/commuter/road/whatever - a Raleigh Tamland, before I did a wicked tuck no-hander on these jumps (kidding of course).

My 26" BMX cruiser, which one day I hope to bring to the jumps seen above. I love this bike so much and it's so loving fast.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

howdy :fyadride:

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
For the hills

Also for the hills. But also roads.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Lonjon posted:

Hello new thread!

Bummer. Tough to ride without a chain.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You know it's time to replace the chain on your winter bike when it just falls off.

Unfortunately being a winter bike you almost always have to do the cassette at the same time.

Yesterday I went on a slow roll and found a shrine to tacky lawn and deck ornaments.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

me your dad posted:

My 26" BMX cruiser, which one day I hope to bring to the jumps seen above. I love this bike so much and it's so loving fast.

I like this bike.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Project bike

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
When you pose the bike and catch it mid fall, as does the entire subway.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
LMAO the position of your cranks makes it almost looks like your bike went 'Ima pose for a portrait' and you snapped the photo right as it did the bike equivalent of the classic legs off the ground land in a heap ice flip.