Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

ozymandius1024 posted:

He took a motherfucking Death Rider from the second rope last time out, and it was one of the nastiest things I've seen :gonk:

Tony Schiavone screaming "he broke his neck!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If it matters to you,
https://twitter.com/HughMannTornado/status/1288749994174889984

He's also been doing his thing where he retweets basically everybody that replies to him!

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

MJeff posted:

If it matters to you,
https://twitter.com/HughMannTornado/status/1288749994174889984

He's also been doing his thing where he retweets basically everybody that replies to him!

Didn't Human Tornado end up talking about all of this?

Edit: Wait is that him?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

Every match should be no DQ but also end in a no-contest when one wrestler kicks too much rear end.

it was awesome when Wardlow KO'd that jobber on Dark and i still want OC's superman punch to be sold as a KO

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Cameron tho?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't care about Cameron but I'm glad Matt Cardona might get to enjoy what he does for a living again.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i find the cameron choice weird in that its really only relevant if you watched WWE like 4 or 5 years ago

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
If Wardlow and WARHORSE team up should they be the Battle Beasts or the Beast Warriors

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MotU posted:

i find the cameron choice weird in that its really only relevant if you watched WWE like 4 or 5 years ago

She is trying for a comeback and you should judge her on how she does in the future, not how she did 4 or 5 years ago.

Most of AEWs audience weren't even alive 4 or 5 years ago.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Cameron is cool as a person and i'm willing to give her a shot. If she's a competent athlete than anyone with talent can carry her to a great match look at what Bret did with Bulldog. Any addition to the women's division is cool at this point, try poo poo out, let's figure out how to make women's wrestling the best thing in american wrestling, if they want to compete with WWE do it with that because WWE has had some awesome moments for women over the last five years, let's elevate that kind of wrestling and try out anything.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

bret hart is not "anyone with talent" hes one of the greatest of all time, so that comparison isnt really right. but i do think people should be given chances. goon handwringing and doomsaying is the worst parts of these threads.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

we're in the always bad cycle now - in two weeks we'll be in the part where cardona and cameron were always good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought bulldog was dece until like a year before he had that horrible back injury. but he was no lex luger. but he was a real pos. I like AEW's hangman page.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Hefty Leftist posted:

we're in the always bad cycle now - in two weeks we'll be in the part where cardona and cameron were always good.

Cameron was part of when I was last heavily invested in WWE. She was not good then.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who is the Lex of AEW?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

matt cardona

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's Mox

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ptooie. yucky

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Just finished last night’s episode, and while not as good as last week, it was still mostly good. The lesson here is that they should stop having runs of 3 or 4 great episodes, so when they eventually do a show that’s just fine, it doesn’t feel like they’ve blown something.

My main problem is that Cardona should’ve hopped the rail instead of casually wandering out of the entrance tunnel when he made the save for Cody.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 31, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
considering Cameron was a nobody with a horrendously bad meme in her history, she must have showed AEW *something* in her tryouts to get a shot, it's not like she's a draw or anything, and she's got a great look, so I'm willing to at least give her a match or two and see where she's at

hopefully some of the people they're bringing in for this tourney show up on Dark or something

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

smarxist posted:

considering Cameron was a nobody with a horrendously bad meme in her history

Only one? I guess "COUNT IT, REF!" didn't catch on like it should have.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NienNunb posted:

Who is the Lex of AEW?

It's Hager

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Brian Cage is their Luger.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

My main problem is that Cardona should’ve hopped the rail instead of casually wandering out of the entrance tunnel when he made the save for Cody.

Yeah, the run in was slow and clunky

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's Hager

It can't be Lex owns

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's Ortiz

thinkboutit

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/xDmbJUCaE2c

https://youtu.be/xnsXOP5bHe0

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lex luger is not defined by that one moment. he is defined by slamming yokozuna

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Lex's big legacy is a guy who the crowds were always solidly behind and wanted to win, but the bookers never pulled the trigger and eventually people stopped caring (then they'd finally let him win, it'd fail for the above reasons and they'd go "Well I guess Lex sucks!'"). AEW doesn't really have a Lex

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Cameron would have been in fcw or whatever it was around the same time as Brandi I'm assuming... like it's not massively surprising that a bunch of people who started their own wrestling company have a few "gimmies" when it comes to hiring mediocre mates of theirs.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Lex's big legacy is a guy who the crowds were always solidly behind and wanted to win, but the bookers never pulled the trigger and eventually people stopped caring (then they'd finally let him win, it'd fail for the above reasons and they'd go "Well I guess Lex sucks!'"). AEW doesn't really have a Lex

Lex is the Best Friends, by this definition.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Nobody in AEW has their own bus yet, so they don't have a Lex.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I Before E posted:

Nobody in AEW has their own bus yet, so they don't have a Lex.

Excuse me Best Friends have a minivan

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Anyone have a video of Warhorse's entrance?

Can't seem to find it anywhere.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I know I’m late to the chat about matches in a cage but I know what I want to see-

Shida v Sabian.

Book it, Coward Tony.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Excuse me Best Friends have a minivan

Not a bus

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Lex didn’t need his mom to drive the bus

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the escape goat posted:

I know I’m late to the chat about matches in a cage but I know what I want to see-

Shida v Sabian.

Book it, Coward Tony.

big agree

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

Lex didn’t need his mom to drive the bus

Trent doesn't either but he asked her to do it anyway cause he's a sweet boy who wanted his mum to be part of his big day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant believe trent is gonna beat mjf on dynamite for the title a week before all out 2021