Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

You need to listen to a heterodyne and bats don't really fly in the rain

But you'd be welcome

oh yeah right like you'd be involved with a hetero anything!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i just watched hamilton

none of them are the good guy

keir starmer is aaron burr

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
My thighs hurt

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
poor dietary decisions i reckon

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Someone make it cold

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Natalie Fartman posted:

Someone make it cold

It is just mildly hot, get a hold of yourselves people. :colbert:

This post brought to you by "I have the most curvaceous and beautiful eyelashes that many women openly admitted they envy them because I'm a brown man coming from a hot country" crew.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

did you by any chance have aircon and or houses architecturally designed for that kind of heat

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i bought fabs and theyve all gone

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

it's warmer tomorrow and i am here for it

*runs outside screaming "burn me daddy" at the sun*

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Nah, we just sweated our asses off and lost sleep so either slept during the day or be very cranky at school/work.

My family in Turkey say that it's like 34 degrees. I actually never lived in a place with an A/C until I worked in North Africa and even then it was choice between dying from a heatstroke vs. not being able to sleep due to old A/C sounds (that was back in 08).

In the South-West (Aegean and Mediterranean coast) people paint their houses white and build them in drafty valleys if possible but lol I lived 2 years in Antalya and just waited until I pass out from the heat back in like 99.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

was a bit of a bollock sleeping last night

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Brits can only go a few hours without complaining about the weather or they'll die

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just going to open the window to see how hot it is:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Me and my mates enjoying the sun today

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The new lockdown measures for Manchester/North sound confusing as hell. You can't have people at your place but it's okay to meet randos outside?

Stay safe, Northern thread ghosts :ohdear:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Supposed to be working but I'm really just browsing the internet in my underwear and pouring cold drinks.

Work know its too hot for anyone to be working properly today, I'm sure.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Galewolf posted:

The new lockdown measures for Manchester/North sound confusing as hell. You can't have people at your place but it's okay to meet randos outside?

Stay safe, Northern thread ghosts :ohdear:

or in the pub, where lots of people from different groups congregate indoors

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's blame management more than virus management.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you're allowed to go places if you can spend money there

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

28 isn't hugely hot tbh

30+ is when it's actually "hot"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

28 isn't hugely hot tbh

30+ is when it's actually "hot"

gnna be 32 later.

i dont mind, just bring water and put suntan lotion on. i gotta bike in it even

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its already a bit monkeybath out there

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hemale in pain posted:

gnna be 32 later.

i dont mind, just bring water and put suntan lotion on. i gotta bike in it even

same, biking to a friend's later for a pint by the river :discourse:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Supposed to be working but I'm really just browsing the internet in my underwear and pouring cold drinks.

Work know its too hot for anyone to be working properly today, I'm sure.

Same, but I gotta go out to Asda in a bit so I can have said drinks (with ice in). Booze supplies critically low; down to the last 1/4 bottle of vodka :ohdear:

Anyone want anything?

(I do have aircon actually, but only for the bedroom)

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Galewolf posted:

It's quite simple: you're allowed to cheerfully toast the Queen with your fellow uncontaminated countrymen in a wholesome British pub, but meeting a small group of close relatives for this suspicious, unregulated ceremony of "Eid" is clearly a recipe for viral armageddon.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/__jakemay/status/1289139627350274049

yaaay

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The youth are spreading the disease with their awful house parties and illegal raves rather than getting cleanly shitfaced in their local pub, member's club or restaurant. It's completely unacceptable.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t miss the UK being totally unprepared for the weather to ever be outside of 4 and 24c, no matter how often it happens.

Here the index is 37c and there’s a hurricane approaching, and it’s just another day.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Galewolf posted:

They didn't say "meet randos" they said "eat nandos"

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

They didn't say "meet randos" they said "eat nandos"

Mmm, Nandos...

In Turkey, Eid is a good reason to get away from your relatives and go to a 9 day sandy beach holiday on the Aegean coast.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 31, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

By the way, today is the last day you can claim flexible furlough if you are self-employed and director or your own company (means that you can get the furlough even if you worked this month) in case you passed out from the heatwave and missed it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

as I lie in a pool of ball soup it's time for my annual serious consideration of starting an HVAC company. if I ever move out of this sweatbox flat and get a house I'm going to mount the biggest split unit I can find

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i mean, there does seem to be a fairly strong correlation between the red patches on the map and places that have large south asian populations (leicester, oldham, blackburn)

i'd rather not start idly speculating about whether that's to do with economic reasons or cultural ones, and you can be tactful about it, but it's probably not a good idea to let a bunch of people die in service of not coming off as discriminatory

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

My whole family including my chronic asthmatic sister whom had like 14 surgeries and has the weakest immune system, my Type 2 diabetic mom, my elderly auntie and early dementia uncle and bunch of assorted people are gathering for Eid / Qurban (Kurban?) which has a really high chance of turning into "rip your famil" kinda situation if anyone had the Roni and I'm trying to be calm about it.

They were pretty much isolating since forever together and live close to each other, don't use public transportation etc. but I'm still nervous about the whole thing. :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i mean, there does seem to be a fairly strong correlation between the red patches on the map and places that have large south asian populations (leicester, oldham, blackburn)

i'd rather not start idly speculating about whether that's to do with economic reasons or cultural ones, and you can be tactful about it, but it's probably not a good idea to let a bunch of people die in service of not coming off as discriminatory

i think you're arguing against something no-one is in fact saying, op

shouting "sort yourself out, browns" is insanely poor messaging

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1289128193098756096

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i think you're arguing against something no-one is in fact saying, op

shouting "sort yourself out, browns" is insanely poor messaging

It was mainly about the suggestion in the tweet that Burnham was engaging in "disgusting racist scapegoating" by suggesting that there are specific concerns about south asian communities, in response to data suggesting specific concerns with south asian communities in the areas he's directly responsible for

Somewhat different to the MP for Four Goats In Norfolk chiming in to explain why minorities are a disease vector

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Today is not the day for wearing black skinny jeans but there we go

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am trying to watch the mandalorian but our internet is poo poo today

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

It's clearly melting
Just like everything else

Why can't I be skinny, I wanna wear short shorts like all the other girls 😭😭😭😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'm posting this with only boxer briefs. Not sweating but my body feels hot so I chill some tea towels in the fridge and cover myself to cool down.