Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Trent couldn't figure out you're not supposed to close a power door yourself. Never so much have I related to Trent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i got my hair caught in the power door of a minivan and it was the second msot distressing 18 seconds of my life and convinced me to cut my hair afterwards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the most distressing was during wrestlecon i was trying to take the elevator to my hotel room and magnum ta and his people were gonna use the elevator and he had a lot of merch and stuff that was taking up a lot of space, i tried to get out to be polite and give them more room but this other older guy told me no no you're fine so i stayed, then it was more people and giant cases of merch and for the rest of the elevator ride i realised i was basically nose to throat chest to chest with barry windham

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lotta ladies would a paid top dollar for that 30 years ago

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

It's Ortiz

thinkboutit

"WOW THAT'S A LOT OF SHIRTS AND THEY'RE WAY TOO TIGHT!"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Lex Luger of AEW is Brian Cage

Body guy, can’t talk, doesn’t win, pec jiggle

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 31, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

lex could talk

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mons Hubris posted:

It checks out. Lex Luger defeated the Renegade. Brian Cage murdered Lorenzo Lamas.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

lex could talk

https://youtu.be/KhCfH87s1T0

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love that guy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

the most distressing was during wrestlecon i was trying to take the elevator to my hotel room and magnum ta and his people were gonna use the elevator and he had a lot of merch and stuff that was taking up a lot of space, i tried to get out to be polite and give them more room but this other older guy told me no no you're fine so i stayed, then it was more people and giant cases of merch and for the rest of the elevator ride i realised i was basically nose to throat chest to chest with barry windham

Who's Barry Windham?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WON reported that the rumour is Excalibur pulled himself from Dynamite to avoid being the focus of the show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Who's Barry Windham?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Punch McLightning posted:

Cameron was part of when I was last heavily invested in WWE. She was not good then.

I think AEW are aware that the show can benefit from showcasing someone for a short time. She was going to come back:the big gay brunch and was training for it, she wants to do her best and I think the enthusiasm will have a few fun watchable matches.

Like she won't be great, but she'll get to show what she can do when she's doing it her way, a grand scale showcase of herself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NXT has gotten some crazy lead ins the last two weeks and Dark Order is a draw.

https://twitter.com/MigUceda/status/1289192104044896257

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so basically nxt is watched by olds, specifically olds who were watching USA anyway and are too lazy to reach for the clicker for 45 minutes and/or dozed off at 7.45

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mons Hubris posted:

Cage is a fine talker, he's not going to cut a top-tier promo but the few things he did on LU were perfectly fine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

so basically nxt is watched by olds, specifically olds who were watching USA anyway and are too lazy to reach for the clicker for 45 minutes and/or dozed off at 7.45

Correct. Dave theorizes AEW's drop in older viewers might be baseball but it might just be the weaker lead in. AEW lost the demo in men to baseball but won in women. (Both had roughly the same overall viewers.)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol everyone watched Hangman's segment then got bored and did other things. Thats the correct move.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

lol everyone watched Hangman's segment then got bored and did other things. Thats the correct move.

It's simpler than that. They put two title matches in back to back segments and both of those gained a ton of viewers. People like title matches!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I appreciate that Io Shirai is literally NXT's only draw and when she isn't wrestling no one watches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hmm. We've got our biggest stars all involved in the main story of the fed in a tag title match. After that weve got the best promo of the year and a crazy brawl with our champion. What can we use to make sure we keep the viewers and energy high between these two peaks?

...Funkadactyl Cameron! Of course!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

DeathChicken posted:

I appreciate that Io Shirai is literally NXT's only draw and when she isn't wrestling no one watches

:agreed: Iowns

Literally the only time I've ever switched to NXT from Dynamite was to watch her match with Sasha.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm. We've got our biggest stars all involved in the main story of the fed in a tag title match. After that weve got the best promo of the year and a crazy brawl with our champion. What can we use to make sure we keep the viewers and energy high between these two peaks?

...Funkadactyl Cameron! Of course!

Her 20 seconds on screen caused everyone to change the channel.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Her 20 seconds on screen caused everyone to change the channel.

Just a couple hundred thousand people. Not me though. I'm normal.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dark card drops and it's a belter.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1289229337934405633?s=19

Evans v Marshall will be great. B&B vs Private Party could be insane. Hobbs v Sky will be fantastic.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 31, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That's a really good card yeah.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lamuella posted:

Dark card drops and it's a belter.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1289229337934405633?s=19

Evans v Marshall will be great. B&B vs Private Party could be insane. Hobbs v Sky will be fantastic.

JACK EVANS IS BACK

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

In any just world, Solow / Serpentico would murder the Gunn Club and leave their bodies for the vultures, but it is what it is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress yes TH2 are back

e: Jack Evans walks out for his return still cutting the promo he was cutting as he ended his last match 6 months ago

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

gently caress yes TH2 are back

e: Jack Evans walks out for his return still cutting the promo he was cutting as he ended his last match 6 months ago

He doesn't stop cutting the promo at any point of the match. He leaves cutting the promo. Nobody notices because they're distracted by how very pretty Angelico's eyelashes are

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Looking forward to seeing how William, a member of the Gunn Club, will be billed and discussed on the show.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I’m excited because this means the Hybrid 2 is back and if FTR hates flippy stuff, I want to see their reaction to Jack Evans.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

rantmo posted:

Looking forward to seeing how William, a member of the Gunn Club, will be billed and discussed on the show.

That’s Firearm Willy, he loves butts!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Guillaume Musket and also Austin Gunn.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wild Will Flip-Cock.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
QT Marshall beat the covid :woop:

my one complaint about Dark is it's usually a foregone conclusion who will win. but I dont know who will win between Butcher and friend and Private Party. should be a good match.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Super hyped for TH2

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Reality Protester posted:

QT Marshall beat the covid :woop:

my one complaint about Dark is it's usually a foregone conclusion who will win. but I dont know who will win between Butcher and friend and Private Party. should be a good match.

that's part of why I loved the SCU / Private Party / Santana and Ortiz match. Yeah, as a narrative it was probably Santana and Ortiz who needed to stand tall, but you could have made a case for any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jack the GOAT is back, all is right in the world