Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

Footyjumpers.com found an old article describing/showing uniforms of old pre-vfl teams

This owns

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288259952667066368?s=19

St. Pauli AFC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

drunkill posted:

Footyjumpers.com found an old article describing/showing uniforms of old pre-vfl teams

This owns

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288259952667066368?s=19

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288205354292011009?s=19

I can get behind players wearing turbans. Also the old skull and crossbones is pretty neat.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

loving cheers Clarkson, love how your sooking keeps on making the umpiring worse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

loving cheers Clarkson, love how your sooking keeps on making the umpiring worse.

I find clarkson as painful as the next guy but if one coachs whinging throws the umpiring department on its head the problem aint with the coach

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
lol at blaming Clarkson instead of the terrible umpires who get to skate on without improving because the media and public find dunking on anyone who sticks their head up more interesting than fixing the broken umpiring department

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

lol at blaming Clarkson instead of the terrible umpires who get to skate on without improving because the media and public find dunking on anyone who sticks their head up more interesting than fixing the broken umpiring department

a bit of both

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d88321f0c9e6c27

quote:

Umpires paid significantly more holding the ball free kicks from Rounds 5-8 after Alastair Clarkson’s outburst, but got fewer right, a leaked document shows.

Foxfooty.com.au has obtained a memo sent to clubs on Wednesday which details the breakdown of free-kicks in the last month.

The email included a detailed infographic and was put together by the AFL.

From Rounds 1-4, there was an average of 6.7 holding the ball free kicks per game - 82 percent of these decisions were deemed correct.

From Rounds 5-8, there was an average of 9.6 holding the ball frees per match, with 80 percent considered correct.

All up, there were more frees paid in the last month than the first month of the season, up by 2.4 percent. But the accuracy fell marginally, from 82 percent in Rounds 1-4 to 79 percent in Rounds 5-8.

Overall one in five free kicks for holding the ball is incorrectly awarded

Edit: vvvv non-paid frees? I'm sure they review the game but no leaked stats.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 29, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are there stats on how many play ons and ball ups they deem correct?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Are there stats on how many were deemed correct by sane people?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You don’t trust the afl to judge its own work?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/melbournefc/status/1288640454301347842?s=21

This is real good

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Melbourne bad football men

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The absolute state of the demons. Browny going in hard on fox's coverage. You just love to see it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anyone want to guess what the margin was last time we played on July 30 lol

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Going to guess that was about the time of the Geelong massacre. Dee's honouring the memory well

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The early and long contract extension given to Simon Goodwin always had a lot of risk. I don't think we can afford to fire him, but there is a lot to suggest that he isn't a great coach.

I don't want to just roll through coaches every 2-3 years, but also want to avoid an Alan Richardson situation where we hang on too long.

Ross Lyon is seemingly available, refreshed and willing to coach again...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Start a go fund me to sack Goodwin. Or consider these two years a write off and do whatever is necessary to get Clarkson given their contracts end at the same time

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Start a go fund me to sack Goodwin. Or consider these two years a write off and do whatever is necessary to get Clarkson given their contracts end at the same time

(@thedeebrief)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

inb4 they can't get Clarkson and decide to make Alan Richardson coach.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
In the bizarro world that is Friday afternoon footy in 2020, Hawthorn are no longer the bullies.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

monolithburger posted:

In the bizarro world that is Friday afternoon footy in 2020, Hawthorn are no longer the bullies.

WRONG

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
cripps is an idiot at times

sadly, twice in a row tonight

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
gently caress this umpiring. What the gently caress was that free kick against McGrath? It’s been shocking all night but that was just a loving howler.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
essington

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

thepokey posted:

gently caress this umpiring. What the gently caress was that free kick against McGrath? It’s been shocking all night but that was just a loving howler.

The timing of the awful umpiring could not be worse. I'm already fairly disengaged from this dumb season, the quality of the umpiring is making it worse. Especially when teams are gifted goals in games that are relatively low scoring. Starts to become like bad penalties given in soccer.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the attitude was "this season is a write-off anyways, just do whatever you want umpiring-wise and we'll see what happens"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Glass houses and all, but loving :laffo:

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Glass houses and all, but loving :laffo:

Oh look, it’s a meaningless SS comment. You would be great on the Ch7 commentary team.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Forum Joe posted:

Oh look, it’s a meaningless SS comment. You would be great on the Ch7 commentary team.

God and they were in some extra tripe form tonight too. An amazing bit of analysis was:

Bruce: What's your thoughts on that tackle count? 13-2, and the bombers are the best tackling team in the comp aye?

BT: Yeah 13-2

Carey: Surprising as the Bombers are the best tackling team in the comp

Just scintillating stuff.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
It’s a sad indictment that I can’t tell if this is real quotes or parody

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Crossposting from Discord because, topical.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I can’t believe how much much jerking off they do of Carey in the commentary box, it was so obvious last night. Carey had his best four players for the game, and Hodge had the audacity to question the list, with Bruce getting audibly erect saying “you don’t question the King!!!” and BT baking Bruce up, it was loving gross.

Ignoring all of Carey’s disgraceful/criminal behaviour, he’s just a really poo poo commentator. His analysis equates to “we need more big key forwards and big key backs”.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Good to see footy still has a sense of humour.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
north kick the highest score of the year...

2020 is hosed

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Did I hear right that the Roos have just kicked the highest score all season?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

north kick the highest score of the year...

2020 is hosed

Memento posted:

Did I hear right that the Roos have just kicked the highest score all season?

Adelaide

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"I finally have an AFL contract, but at what cost?"

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
A 50 for throwing the ball back....what the actual gently caress.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

A 50 for throwing the ball back....what the actual gently caress.

Was about to say, because he tried to make the ball tickle the clouds he got a 50?

Ignore that the ball went back to the man. Fucks sake.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

quote:

Collingwood Football Club has fully accepted the sanction it received today for a breach of AFL COVID-19 protocols.

Senior coach Nathan Buckley and forwards coach Brenton Sanderson also accept their responsibility for the breach, which occurred on Friday afternoon when the pair played tennis with two people living outside of the team’s Perth hub.

To demonstrate their accountability, the pair have asked to personally pay the portion of the fine that is not suspended, a sum of $25,000. Collingwood has been fined $50,000 for the breach, $25,000 of which is suspended.

Eddie was calling for people who breached the AFL rules (talking mainly about wives and girlfriends from other clubs which have been fined) to be flown back to Victoria right away.

I wonder what excuse he'll give for Bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Was about to say, because he tried to make the ball tickle the clouds he got a 50?

Ignore that the ball went back to the man. Fucks sake.

Doing the high throw got paid 50 a lot a few years ago. I’ve been wondering when it was going to come back because players have been really taking the piss with the slow high throw back lately.