Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The hard mode bonus boss is such a weird letdown but the accessory reward is tight so whatevah

Tifa with that, refocus and atb assist slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the 100 dollar kingdom hearts collection is 70% off should I buy and play every KH game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tifa with that, refocus and atb assist slaps.

drat that's a sick combo. I wish I hadn't waited to do this fight after I had already finished almost the entire game on hard.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

the 100 dollar kingdom hearts collection is 70% off should I buy and play every KH game.

Yeah they're fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

yes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

They’re great if you loved remake and good troupe

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i had a lot of trouble getting into KH but it's worth playing the first one at least because of what a weird idea it was and some of the strange casting choices

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

drat that's a sick combo. I wish I hadn't waited to do this fight after I had already finished almost the entire game on hard.

I played through everything again to get the last dresses and Barret's date.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The squatting mini game ruled

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

The squatting mini game ruled

that felt hard but fair for me and for some reason everything about the motorcyle mini game makes me want to throw the controller on the floor and jump on it like i'm diddy kong losing a bonus round.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

that felt hard but fair for me and for some reason everything about the motorcyle mini game makes me want to throw the controller on the floor and jump on it like i'm diddy kong losing a bonus round.

It sucks so badly. You can skip it on subsequent playthroughs which is absolutely required.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the chrono trigger one was way better

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It sucks so badly. You can skip it on subsequent playthroughs which is absolutely required.

I need the trophy for it and it's the thing keepin me from going back to get the plat, lol

I'll do it after I finish the last Batman game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I need the trophy for it and it's the thing keepin me from going back to get the plat, lol

I'll do it after I finish the last Batman game

I got the trophy by doing chapter select on easy mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i thought the motorcycle stuff was fun until the last boss with it which is just whack. especially since at that point all you wanted to do was see the story continue...but you gotta fight this weird 6 wheeler first.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

i thought the motorcycle stuff was fun until the last boss with it which is just whack. especially since at that point all you wanted to do was see the story continue...but you gotta fight this weird 6 wheeler first.

lmao, yeah. I played that part of the Shinra tower while my son was napping, and there's no obvious save point between the boss gauntlet at the end of that chapter and the motorcycle thing. I was like "well, maybe his half hour of screen time can be watching me play FF7 instead of Sesame Street" for about a second before I gave in and just hoped it autosaved before the minigame (it did).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what are the names of the ff1 heroes

i think they are Cid, Pums, Skiz, and Cark (4 char only)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

depends on which class you pick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

what are the names of the ff1 heroes

i think they are Cid, Pums, Skiz, and Cark (4 char only)

GUTS CSCA GFTH and PUCK

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

suddenly remembering that Games post in a "what do you name your video game characters?" thread where one poster said he named the FF6 crew after his family members EXCEPT his dad, and then launched into a multi-paragraph "gently caress you, dad!!!!!!" screed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

suddenly remembering that Games post in a "what do you name your video game characters?" thread where one poster said he named the FF6 crew after his family members EXCEPT his dad, and then launched into a multi-paragraph "gently caress you, dad!!!!!!" screed

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

iirc there was a guy who named Dargger in 9 after his GF in school and when she dumped him he used a name card to rename her WHORE

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

iirc there was a guy who named Dargger in 9 after his GF in school and when she dumped him he used a name card to rename her WHORE

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Renaming Link to WHORE after he steals a piece of my heart from my shop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

:smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's pretty impressive how quickly chain of memories goes from being a somewhat cool, mechanically dense game, to being completely frustrating, to being laughably easy and boring. In like two worlds I have enough CP and cards to never really care about a fight again outside of some minor adjustments for bosses.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

it's pretty impressive how quickly chain of memories goes from being a somewhat cool, mechanically dense game, to being completely frustrating, to being laughably easy and boring. In like two worlds I have enough CP and cards to never really care about a fight again outside of some minor adjustments for bosses.

lol exactly!

if you do it right building a deck is like building your gambits in ff12, the game plays itself except you gotta mash x in normal fights and mash triangle in boss fights

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

12 is good but 13 did the automation better

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I never beat the last boss in Chain of Memories because I never found a 3rd Cloud card

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lol exactly!

if you do it right building a deck is like building your gambits in ff12, the game plays itself except you gotta mash x in normal fights and mash triangle in boss fights

i mash triangle in every fight bc the sleights are cool tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's nice of them to give you sonic blade so early