Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I haven't checked out the new update but the internet fuckin HATES Harriett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They would because they suck. Harriets great. I unironically like Gus though. Straight up, "loving KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES AND TURN IT INTO A HAT" mood. Hed love monster hunter.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Although Naturalist is annoying I like Harriet. I laughed at how dirty and frazzled she is, and she cusses me out when I visit because of all the animals I've killed, but I rush up and hit the interact button and she still buys my stuff.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Considering how much youtube's algorithm tried to push videos of people torturing the suffragette in the early days of this game, I have no interest in knowing what the players think about any other female NPCs

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

fennesz posted:

Speaking of which, have they tweaked Bounty Hunter payouts at all? I haven't run one because the money per hour is laughably bad.

the worst part about bounty hunter are those bounties where you have to eagle vision follow a million false leads before you find the actual bounty

just wandering around the woods following a line on the grind for 10 minutes, absolute dogshit gameplay

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want to feed Harriet to a gator

And then kill it and wear its head as a hat

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the worst part about bounty hunter are those bounties where you have to eagle vision follow a million false leads before you find the actual bounty

just wandering around the woods following a line on the grind for 10 minutes, absolute dogshit gameplay

I haven't tried it yet but i heard you can shoot your gun in the air and the bounty dude will respond

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

I want to feed Harriet to a gator

And then kill it and wear its head as a hat

This guy gets it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

honestly the problem I have with Harriet is shooting the animals with tranqs feels way more cruel and sad than just killing them. I can kill a million deer or foxes or coyotes no problem, one clean shot to the head, but riding along behind some poor coyote blasting it like 500 times with .22 rounds while it whimpers and cries then listening to it cry while you take her stupid loving sample triggered me so bad. how is this more humane than just putting them down?

changing up how the sedative works would help a lot because the amount of times you have to shoot even a small animal for it to go down is absurd

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mandrel posted:

honestly the problem I have with Harriet is shooting the animals with tranqs feels way more cruel and sad than just killing them. I can kill a million deer or foxes or coyotes no problem, one clean shot to the head, but riding along behind some poor coyote blasting it like 500 times with .22 rounds while it whimpers and cries then listening to it cry while you take her stupid loving sample triggered me so bad. how is this more humane than just putting them down?

changing up how the sedative works would help a lot because the amount of times you have to shoot even a small animal for it to go down is absurd

I haven't played it yet but that sounds miserable, yikes. You should be able to just send them gently to sleep with a dart and then write a report about how nice it was to pet them

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hmmm, do I want this animal to be momentarily sad or dead?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I would much prefer if you could headshot any animal and put it to sleep as long as it's not aware of you. Would make the tonics a lot more appealing as well.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
My only problem with Harriet is that she does the same body motions for every mission every time. Head Shimmy and Jazz Hands no matter what she is saying.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i'll take harriet over that french gently caress in my moonshine basement with his goddamn unskippable shakespearian monologues every time i go to sell a batch

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

lol if you play Online at all.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I noticed last night that the proper track now spawns a footprint texture on the ground. Not sure if it was always there though but I sure didn't remember that.

Mandrel posted:

Yeah the tranq system really should've been arrow based, and a one and done deal for most animals. Maybe two arrows for gators, bears, elk, and moose. There's even the new bow Rockstar could've used to really encourage it! Shiny new toy yay!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Deus Ex came out 20 years ago and handled tranq shots better than RDR2.

That being said the entirety of online is just "Single Player except worse"

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Getting swarmed by killer beavers definitely almost makes up for how loving horrible the fox missions that make you run around Saint Denis are.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Single player: Even the finest detail was not missed for this epic western adventure.
Multiplayer: haha server go brrrr

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Think of multiplayer as yet another epilogue to the game

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

A woman who doesn't like it when you kill animals? SHOCKING this fanbase is still lovely.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Harriet drugged me after I killed one (1) animal, so that was cool.

But I got to shoot a bunch of dipshit fox hunters and that is extremely satisfying.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Harriet drugged me after I killed one (1) animal, so that was cool.

I killed and skinned a bear right in front of her tent and she didn't do anything besides scream at me while it happened. I went over to talk to her immediately after, fully expecting to be drugged and shut out for a bit and figuring I'd just get it over with, and she just said her line about how she'd heard I'd been behaving myself or whatever.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really enjoy the character progression in online.

I like getting into scraps with large posses while playing solo. Coming out on top, and then retreating to the woods to cook up more tonics and pick more herbs...I just find really enjoyable. That said, I play on Xbox still just to avoid the mess that are PC public lobbies and I play with all VOIP off. I am waiting for meaningful co-op content though, because it's extremely lacking at the moment. Having a system like Dark Souls' guardian covenant would be fantastic. Just being able to avail myself to help players under level 40 or 50 who are getting repeatedly murdered by posses would keep me engaged for an extremely long time.

That said, if you don't enjoy player interactions of any kind, yeah Story mode is probably where it's at.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Still catches me off guard that the spawn at camp feature is still bugged. Spawned at someones camp with a lot of cash put into it and thought I'd struck it lucky! The best of bugs.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GlaringHappygoluckyGuineafowl-mobile.mp4

Mission Passed :buddy:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Hugs for rewards :3:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Putting the drunk walking style and howl emote to good use.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Got to 70, saved up for the black ariabian and then forgot it's gold bars. FUDGE.

antisocial86 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 31, 2020

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Zesty posted:

Werner Herzog voice: “I too, have learned the hard way about the uncaring essence of animals. I discover no kinship, no understanding, no mercy. I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature.”

When possible I climb on top of a nearby structure or large rock before freeing any animals.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

winter.mute posted:

When possible I climb on top of a nearby structure or large rock before freeing any animals.

The one I did was titled "Fox", but it was a cougar caged up at Black Belle's shack. Murdered the poo poo out of everyone first, looted, climbed on the outhouse and released kitteh, then trank'd him for harvesting. One-stop shopping. :V

Hung around at the destroyed cabin behind Wallace Station trying to bait a grizzly, but no luck. Found one when riding away, magdumped him with sleepyjuice, harvested, then left. (gently caress reviving *that*.) I, uh, kinda didn't leave very quickly, and when hairball woke up, he woke up *cranky* and chased me across half the valley.

Still need the Snowy Egret plumes (gently caress you Rockstar, birb was ID'd as "Snowy" before I shot, don't give me a "Little" plume) and the Dane item. Did the one saddlebag for gold, but as far as I know it's cosmetic only. Might do the clothes for completionist, but I'm seeing videos of animal-head hats, like wolf and ram, so...

Outlaw Pass is chunking along steadily. Might even have it done this weekend.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'll never get tired of watching the cougar attack someone. It's hilarious every time.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

antisocial86 posted:

Got to 70, saved up for the black ariabian and then forgot it's gold bars. FUDGE.

For what it's worth, I have a Black Arabian and still prefer the Breton or Turkoman. I value my horse not bolting a mile away during a gunfight and not throwing me when I get within 100 feet of a wolf more than a little bit more speed or maneuverability.

It's very good, but I value the hidden bravery stat far more than anything else.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/IKoxbWRovR4

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Zesty posted:

Cats gonna cat

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

antisocial86 posted:

fennesz posted:

For what it's worth, I have a Black Arabian and still prefer the Breton or Turkoman. I value my horse not bolting a mile away during a gunfight and not throwing me when I get within 100 feet of a wolf more than a little bit more speed or maneuverability.

It's very good, but I value the hidden bravery stat far more than anything else.

The Turkoman and Missouri Fox Trotter are both top tier horses that don't require any role ranks, have better bravery, and aren't weirdly tiny.

Arabians are overrated imo

e: though my Turkoman just managed to glitch through the world and lose the legendary elk pelt I was transporting so your mileage may vary

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like all my horses equally. Which is to say I dislike all of them, but none stands out as better or worse than the others. At this point I think only the very cheap horses with very low stamina and health are bad and I really wish there was a better Shire I could spend gold on

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

The one I did was titled "Fox", but it was a cougar caged up at Black Belle's shack. Murdered the poo poo out of everyone first, looted, climbed on the outhouse and released kitteh, then trank'd him for harvesting. One-stop shopping. :V

Did the same thing at that location with a grey wolf. Photos of sedated animals don't count in the Big Book of Animals I've Killed so I moved off a bit and let it wake up on its own so I could take its picture... it began eating one of the poacher corpses when it woke up.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I like all my horses equally. Which is to say I dislike all of them, but none stands out as better or worse than the others. At this point I think only the very cheap horses with very low stamina and health are bad and I really wish there was a better Shire I could spend gold on

Breton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Red Dead Redemption 2: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Tranq Them