Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wrestling belts, boxing belts, mma, kickboxing, whatever

lets share some ugly/strange/interesting belts?

look at this piece of poo poo.

every company has had at least a couple ugly and lazy belts throughout their history. all of them.

what belts do you hate?

unable to believe that NOAH abandoned a pretty well designed belt to make a ripoff of this hot garbage.

look at this hideous ed hardy level poo poo

(i cannot stand lazy ripoffs of The Big Gold)

what are some really weird championship belts that you think are funny/can appreciate?

(look at this goddamn thing)

(i fuckin love this think conceptually and how hyooge it looks when worn)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
thank you for including the charismatic enigma belt in the op, op

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That first belt is cool as hell unless someone tells me it was made in like 2020.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When did ROH use those tag titles? Those are absolutely horrific.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I actually love that last one. What is it?

E: oh, a LU belt perhaps?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah, it was the Lucha Underground Gift of The Gods belt, basically their version of Money In the Bank, except you had to fill out those spots with medallions that were distributed among the roster (or just given out by Dario Cueto for whatever reason). You also couldn't cash it in immediately because Dario Cueto needed a week to promote the fight.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Gift of The Gods belt is arguably Lucha Undergrounds best idea

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

LU Gift of the Gods belt and it loving owns. Each medal can come out of it and attaches with magic (magnets) and on the show it worked like money in the bank. You could wrestle people and collect all of the medals. Whoever had all of them got the belt. That wrestler then defended the belt until they turned it in for a shot at the LU championship the following week. The medals also then got split up again and a new tournament/fight for them would start.

edit: at it's best it was a dragon ball tournament arc and it was absolutely perfect for wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bonus edition! alternate belts that were either proposed or abandoned immediately after debuting.

ROH tried this design out exactly once and never spoke of it again.

This was a proposed/curated design when they planned to bring back the IC championship in 2003, with a big focus on branding the WWE logo as much as possible. They instead just redid the previous one a little bit.

This was a 5th Version IWGP Heavyweight belt prototype created by ROH's current belt maker. New Japan politely declined.

TNA came close to introducing a United States Championship in 2010 after the move to Monday Nights, but smartly backed off after realizing they had a case of Too Many Belts-itus.

I cannot find pictures, but apparently they had also commissioned a set of X-Division Tag Team championships that they had planned to introduce for their move to Spike TV in 2005.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that gift of the gods belt fuckin rules, goddamn

also the various versions of cena's spinner belt were dumb and great

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The IWGP championship belt is the best belt in wrestling now but the very first version looked like a bedazzled dinner plate and I've always loved it.

which I only ever found out about when people discussed it after some assholes tried to usurp the UFC by creating their own MMA organizational body with its own ultraprestigious championship that most definitely was not made for ten dollars

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sweet wamma jamma

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

the new NWA national belt is a solid concept but god corgan had to gently caress it up

edit: thankfully the tag belts rule

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 31, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love the cheap lovely velcro on that thing, it's so apt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Peanut President posted:

the new NWA national belt is a solid concept but god corgan had to gently caress it up

edit: thankfully the tag belts rule

well i mean compared to the source material

i feel like millican did about as good as he could.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

JOHN CENA posted:

well i mean compared to the source material

i feel like millican did about as good as he could.

i did not know all the garbage was on the original, corgan gets a pass (this time)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ugly and weird championships please, there isn't a space here for perfect ones.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

ugly and weird championships please, there isn't a space here for perfect ones.

you already posted gift of the gods though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gumball Gumption posted:

That first belt is cool as hell unless someone tells me it was made in like 2020.

It was a United States Championship that got modified to become the very first WWF (then WWWF) World Championship.

Here's an article about how it was lost for decades before being found:

https://www.wwe.com/classics/original-wwe-championship-lost-and-found

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Speaking of US titles, THIS is the greatest US Championship of all time. DO NOT DISPUTE ME.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's a good one for sure. but show me an ugly one. and not the new wwe one, that's too easy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It was a United States Championship that got modified to become the very first WWF (then WWWF) World Championship.

Here's an article about how it was lost for decades before being found:

https://www.wwe.com/classics/original-wwe-championship-lost-and-found

Someone should absolutely bring back putting in a picture on the title. I love that goofy idea.

Actually, when do you think we get our first goofy LED display belt or something that has like a video screen or something? Have we and I missed it? Someone with really tacky taste would probably make one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

it's a good one for sure. but show me an ugly one. and not the new wwe one, that's too easy.

You posted it yourself

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thank god they updated.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Always loved the final Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight belt

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And the Western States Championship was a work of art

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I know Impact has had like five different names but it's incredible how many belt designs each belt has had and almost all of them have sucked.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Bruno Sammartino's belt from 1963

My belt from 2019

Should have had Tout on this one

There are a lot of these

I unironically love boxing belts, particularly how cheap they look being made up for by champions having like five of them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Akileese posted:

I know Impact has had like five different names but it's incredible how many belt designs each belt has had and almost all of them have sucked.

i think their legends/global/tv/king of the mountain/retro championship was probably their best looking belt, of all the ones they had. oh and their 2007 era tag titles, even if they were pretty standard.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I actually like that version of the TNA title, it was certainly better than the horned belt it replaced. What I do hate from that period of TNA though is the Legends/TV title, the whole thing just looks weirdly oversized.

Something else I hate with TNA belts is the evolution of the X Division title, going from cheap and ugly...

To actually pretty cool...

To loving ugly with a nonsensical colourscheme.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Someone should absolutely bring back putting in a picture on the title. I love that goofy idea.

Actually, when do you think we get our first goofy LED display belt or something that has like a video screen or something? Have we and I missed it? Someone with really tacky taste would probably make one.

Naomi had one made for her Feel The Glow gimmick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Not good but better than what I was expecting.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats actually dope

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so of course they took the belt off her at first opportunity

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

so of course they took the belt off her at first opportunity

Mattel couldn't make toys in time for the holidays.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The USWA Unified World Title was beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, looking at it more all the bad parts are on both belts so she really did just make it better.