Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

was duke3d the first fps to have trains

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

at this point why not buy a couple more monitors and a bloomberg terminal and just become a day trader?

With this game, I get the excitement of making a big sale while sitting in my underwear without all of the assumed risk of actual capital. plus space is cool.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

he1ixx posted:

With this game, I get the excitement of making a big sale while sitting in my underwear without all of the assumed risk of actual capital. plus space is cool.

to each their own. as long as you like it it's good :)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
fight

crab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmCNzJQm70o

https://www.theverge.com/21346394/fight-crab-review-fighting-game-steam-nintendo-switch

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I did not much care for fallout 4 but I very much enjoyed putting doggles and a bandana on my dog

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

I did not much care for fallout 4 but I very much enjoyed putting doggles and a bandana on my dog

I tried to reverse pickpocket clothes on one of my dogs and a whole village turned hostile.

That's what fat men are for.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKl0o3B4Sr4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol @ the HALO new xbox reveal

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it looks like every other halo to me, op

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yo halo sucks hth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Halo is like second best after Timesplitters Future Perfect.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i can hear this gif

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Halo is like second best after Half Life, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 EP1, Half Life 2 EP2, TF2, CS, Goldeneye, PD, Unreal, Quake, TitanFall 2, Modern Warfare, and a litany of other games.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

goldeneye was really cool and innovative for the time but try playing it in 2020 and you'll discover its rear end poo poo. aged very poorly.

half life on the other hand still owns.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i can hear this gif

lol yeah I was going to caption it 'BAMBAMBAMBAM REAAAGH'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Quake isn't even a finished game lmao.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

aged very poorly.
tbf so did you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

goldeneye was really cool and innovative for the time but try playing it in 2020 and you'll discover its rear end poo poo. aged very poorly.

on the contrary I think if you play multiplayer goldeneye in 2020 it’s still a riot because in general everyone is on an even ground with the backwards controls and low framerate and you can still be oddjob and huck prox mines everywhere to further tank the framerate like in 1998 and it still rules

if you play the campaign in 2020 well that’s on you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

anyone who enjoyed half life back in the day but who hasn't played black mesa owes it to themselves to get it and play through the whole thing.

it's one of those rare cases where the remake nails the feel of the original game perfectly. it's faithful to the original where appropriate, and reimagined where the original shows its age. everything is bigger and better but it is still as immersive and wonderful as half-life was back in 1999. they even made xen into something totally different that is really outstanding and enjoyable. best 20 dollars you'll ever spend on a game.

the only other remake that pulled it off as well as black mesa imo is tomb raider anniversary.

(i have high hopes for thps though)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yo halo sucks hth

its always felt like a console version of tribes 2 without jet packs and spinfusors. at that point i just went and played tribes 2. never really felt like more than that to me, but i wasnt a big console person when it was released so maybe I missed the experience

yep and black mesa is a fitting remake with enough polish to feel fresh and nostalgic

i was going to opine more, but sagebrush says it all perfectly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

yep and black mesa is a fitting remake with enough polish to feel fresh and nostalgic

but I only understand Finnish and English!

Heyooooooooo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/XTXzwHw.mp4

it has sound

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

anyone who enjoyed half life back in the day but who hasn't played black mesa owes it to themselves to get it and play through the whole thing.

it's one of those rare cases where the remake nails the feel of the original game perfectly. it's faithful to the original where appropriate, and reimagined where the original shows its age. everything is bigger and better but it is still as immersive and wonderful as half-life was back in 1999. they even made xen into something totally different that is really outstanding and enjoyable. best 20 dollars you'll ever spend on a game.

the only other remake that pulled it off as well as black mesa imo is tomb raider anniversary.

(i have high hopes for thps though)
hell yea to this whole post

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if I had a console I would beat anyone in yospos at THPS HORSE game

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the pc HD remaster is coming out in like six weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0mNQxLUHyg

day 1 purchase for me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
one thing that I always hated so much with half life was ending up somewhere that you were close to like4 hours ago except across a 2 foot stream or some bullshit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hell yea to this whole post

i realized that subnautica is also 20 dollars, so i can't actually call black mesa the best 20 dollar game.

probably the second best, though.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ive never played subnautica but survival mechanics make me nervous

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

it's not particularly difficult. you have oxygen, food, and water that you have to keep track of. once you get better equipment you can dive deeper and for longer, and you can make submersibles that restore O2, which is the biggest danger. if you get hungry or thirsty there are a lot of things you can just grab and eat to stay alive

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you can also turn off food+water or all 3

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

On-line multi-player Ganes are what anime bape fedora nerds play.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

lmao

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

really good

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

this really speaks to me. Thank you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

the survival mechanics in subnautica aren't lovely and annoying like other games and add to the experience.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

subnautica is amazing but it’s riddled with technical issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yeah but you can quick save so it’s fine and definitely worth putting up with

I wish I could play it again for the first time