Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This possession was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
News:
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1289052840476868608

Views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_cl3WIO6A

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

😤😤😤

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Remember when Dion Waiters made several smart plays in a row and is going to win Finals MVP

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

They’re calling him Pandemic P 😭😭😭

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Gone Fishing:

Warriors

ATL

Knicks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Athanatos posted:

Gone Fishing:
Knicks

This one is truly spectacular

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Gone Fishing:

Knicks

WOW

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Absolutely amazing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Athanatos posted:

Gone Fishing:

Warriors

ATL

Knicks

Beautiful.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The NBA really did a loving good job. The crowd cameras are nice to make it feel a little less empty and the crowd sound effects are handled really well. They knocked this poo poo out of the park imho.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/GeorgeFoster72/status/1289059455682973696

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

You can thank me for that brilliant observation

:hai:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1289065476732018690?s=19

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Last night was one of the best AD laker game. Dude was solid all night.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Tyre Fire

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls didn't even get a gone fishin

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bulls didn't even get a gone fishin

They're still on the clock

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Considering new Orleans luck last time they made a big trade it's been nice to see Ingram zo and hart flourishing at the new opportunity

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's a great situation for Ingram in particular. The floor is open, he has weapons to pass to, but he can also play off-ball and not have to be the focus of the defense. It's a really nice team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron owns I love him so mucc

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1289215471540084739?s=20

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

KD's twitter always provides. We should call it The Servant

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
not a fan of KD being correct on twitter

meefistopheles
Nov 11, 2013
After watching the pelicans last night, it seems to me that they're really missing a rim protector on d. Is the plan to see if Zion or Ingram develops into that, or is that something they're going to have to address externally? They're a really exciting team, but their defense is weird.

Might just be that they were playing the Jazz and the obvious comparison with their Gobert defense.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

KD's twitter always provides. We should call it The Servant

KD rejecting the Slim Reaper nickname for that weak poo poo still irks me

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

meefistopheles posted:

After watching the pelicans last night, it seems to me that they're really missing a rim protector on d. Is the plan to see if Zion or Ingram develops into that, or is that something they're going to have to address externally? They're a really exciting team, but their defense is weird.

Might just be that they were playing the Jazz and the obvious comparison with their Gobert defense.

Jackson Hayes is good for a rookie he's just skinny and doesn't really know what he's doing yet. Favors is a solid defensive center too, and presumably Zion will get better though he is going to be limited as a rim protector by his height even if he is a brick wall with rockets.

New Orleans doesn't need to be great right now they're young af and have one of the best long term assets in the entire league.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 31, 2020

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Athanatos posted:

Gone Fishing:

Warriors

ATL

Knicks

The Lou will in the background of the ATL one is great but nothing’s topping that Knicks one. Wish Isiah was on it tho

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

drat tim halifax won’t advocate for wealth redistribution with his whole chest smh

MourningView posted:

Jackson Hayes is good for a rookie he's just skinny and doesn't really know what he's doing yet. Favors is a solid defensive center too, and presumably Zion will get better though he is going to be limited as a rim protector by his height even if he is a brick wall with rockets.

New Orleans doesn't need to be great right now they're young af and have one of the best long term assets in the entire league.

it’s crazy that they’re posting a positive srs in the west with as young as they are

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1289245852062498816

My sister had an inconclusive test last week that she had to treat as a positive because she works in healthcare, and let me tell you, that was not a fun few days for her and her husband until she got back a second negative test.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Lonzo Ball is a solid defender, but he's a horribly unreliable shooter and finisher. When he gets the ball in his hands on offense I get a sense of impending doom. He should be the 'run the break' pg only. If he could shoot reliably then they could more easily play Favors and Zion, at least I assume that's what would happen.

He's a net plus for the regular season, but when the game slows down, when the opposing team locks down the boards and stops turning the ball over, he becomes a vestigal guard. Ingram developing into more of a ball handler and passer would help them a lot

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lonzo Ball is a solid defender, but he's a horribly unreliable shooter and finisher. When he gets the ball in his hands on offense I get a sense of impending doom. He should be the 'run the break' pg only. If he could shoot reliably then they could more easily play Favors and Zion, at least I assume that's what would happen.

He's a net plus for the regular season, but when the game slows down, when the opposing team locks down the boards and stops turning the ball over, he becomes a vestigal guard. Ingram developing into more of a ball handler and passer would help them a lot

Lonzo's inabilty to run a P&R was infuriating, he did a lot of things well, but he just isn't really suited to be a lead guard

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tyus Jones is out for Memphis today. That's a pretty big loss, because there haven't been many lineups without either him or Ja on the floor. Ja can't play 48 minutes, so I assume we'll be getting Kyle Anderson/De'Anthony Melton backup PG minutes. If Anderson can ball out like he did in the scrimmages, we'll be ok. If he regresses, we'll be in trouble.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lonzo had been a very quality catch and shoot guy all season. 40% on ~5 C&S 3PA per game. His off the dribble and step-back 3PA are like 20-25%, though. =/

I don't mind him driving and missing at-rim attempts because it should at least suck the defense in and let one of Zion or Hayes clean up his misses.

Regardless, his offensive play last night was awful.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lonzo is taller Rubio*. And like Rubio, finishing is way more important for him than shooting right now. Lonzo can absolutely break the defense down and get to the rim, but that skill is not getting utilized when he can't finish.

*(Rubio is also a much better half-court PG)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

Lonzo is taller Rubio*. And like Rubio, finishing is way more important for him than shooting right now. Lonzo can absolutely break the defense down and get to the rim, but that skill is not getting utilized when he can't finish.

*(Rubio is also a much better half-court PG)

Sounds more like a Worse Devonte' Graham

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ball is tall, rebound a bit, and if his spot up shooting isn't a mirage then it's not an unfixable problem to have on your team if you can get a play making wing

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

thrilla in vanilla posted:

The Lou will in the background of the ATL one is great but nothing’s topping that Knicks one. Wish Isiah was on it tho

Why are Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, and Ben Stiller in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I'm glad I never rejected Durant so I never have to apologize.