Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/OMagicDaily/status/1289268701682733056?s=20

Huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RCarr posted:

Why are Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, and Ben Stiller in it?

High profile Knicks fans. Spike is there too.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

maybe his knee is too hosed up?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

BWV posted:

Makes sense

Also, this has to be a Devos thing

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/1289269802846961664?s=20

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

None of his teammates would kneel in a pew for him so he's just returning the favor

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1289275062860881921?s=20

Essentially, he missed out on the ramp up time that all the other players on the team received during training camp and scrimmages and there is no time in the schedule to do so other than in the actual games

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

efb

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lockback posted:

Lonzo is taller Rubio*. And like Rubio, finishing is way more important for him than shooting right now. Lonzo can absolutely break the defense down and get to the rim, but that skill is not getting utilized when he can't finish.

*(Rubio is also a much better half-court PG)

Yeah they're definitely in that same area. Ball still has time to get better at finishing but holy poo poo is it frustrating to watch him have zero touch around the basket.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

BWV posted:

Also apparently chose not to wear a BLM shirt soooo

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1289274864612696066?s=20

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lol i was just kidding about the knee. That is Not A Good Look.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:thunk:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jonothan "School Reform was taken" Issac.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1289275062860881921?s=20

Essentially, he missed out on the ramp up time that all the other players on the team received during training camp and scrimmages and there is no time in the schedule to do so other than in the actual games

Framing this as "Everyone wants him to play 40 minutes, but it wouldn't be healthy or even possible for him to do that".

Ehhhhh, pretty big strawman there. I don't think anyone's bitching about him not playing 40 minutes. There were 2 specific minutes at the end that he could have played though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fact Issac didn’t do some god is great poo poo for his jersey is surprising.

No wonder no one went to his sermon

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

PostNouveau posted:

Framing this as "Everyone wants him to play 40 minutes, but it wouldn't be healthy or even possible for him to do that".

Ehhhhh, pretty big strawman there. I don't think anyone's bitching about him not playing 40 minutes. There were 2 specific minutes at the end that he could have played though.

A whole bunch of people have been bitching that they should either play him full starter's minutes or not at all.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

He's just looking for a HTNPAAT (holistic transparent non political aim at truth)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There aren't a lot of worse things you can do if you want to win games than play rookies the last 5 minutes of them, but then again Zion has to start getting that experience some time.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I just assume in these situations Zion said his knee felt a little tight or a trainer saw something he didn't like and the coach is just blowing smoke to protect the rookie from getting another thousand questions about his health.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsMagic/status/1289318105366163456

https://twitter.com/lesshumbleteej/status/1289319171797340161

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If Lonzo's spot up shooting this year was real he's not Rubio, he's Old Jason Kidd. Rubio can at least get to the basket he just can't do anything when he's there.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Plus NOP’s chances of making the playoffs are way overblown. No need to risk Zion this season.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Didn’t Isaac try to get all of his teammates to come to his church to hear him preach? Sounds about right tbh

e: beaten

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can I get a back check on cam payne

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Maestro posted:

Plus NOP’s chances of making the playoffs are way overblown. No need to risk Zion this season.

Same with Ja. Go home guys

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They literally set this stupid thing up specifically so they could get Zion on TV.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

double negative posted:

Didn’t Isaac try to get all of his teammates to come to his church to hear him preach? Sounds about right tbh

e: beaten

And no one came so he is definitely that guy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dexo posted:

They literally set this stupid thing up specifically so they could get Zion on TV.

Which is why they had to do the cruel thing of making the Nets and Wizards show up to this thing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Then he barely plays lmao

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Isaac is still my favorite problematic religious nut

He's actually done a lot of good poo poo in the Orlando area but yeah some things he's done is pretty questionable

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Issac going to follow the Dwight route?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Is Issac going to follow the Dwight route?

Being a nonce?

I mean it wouldn't shock me.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Oh hell

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Lockback posted:

I just assume in these situations Zion said his knee felt a little tight or a trainer saw something he didn't like and the coach is just blowing smoke to protect the rookie from getting another thousand questions about his health.

Griifin spent nearly ten minutes today saying it was because he missed a bunch of 5on5 work and is going through the same /similar ramp up in activity that his teammates have done. He just doesn't have any practice time with this schedule to do the 5on5 work or the scrimmages so he has to do it in the real games. It seems like they expect him to be playing his full minutes by game four.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Issac smartly positioning himself for a post-playing career of going on Fox News to assure white people that racism isn't that bad. Whitlock's heart can only hold on for so much longer, they're gonna need a new one.

Still a fun basketball player though

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
it's kind of cruel to expect a bunch of basketball jocks to have and express coherent politics

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Melo is BACK

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

This isn’t new at all but still made me CHUCKle

https://twitter.com/jayasax/status/1289280859216809985?s=20

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the latest game tonight being on at 6pm is awful, what was the nba thinking. they own the entire bubble, have the west coast teams play on west coast time

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I, for one, am glad that Jonathan Issac has been brain-poisoned by something other than instagram conspiricy stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hifi posted:

the latest game tonight being on at 6pm is awful, what was the nba thinking. they own the entire bubble, have the west coast teams play on west coast time

Texas is not the west coast