Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I had completely forgotten that American was the song challenge. I can't recall anyone's verses. I don't remember queens everywhere either. Kitty Girl and Read U are tops though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
QUEENS EVERYWHERE?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the only actively bad part of queens everywhere is brooke lynn’s verse. despite disliking silky I get pumped when she’s telling me to TWIRL TWIRL TWIRL TWIRL

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that specific Asia verse fragment stuck in their head in perpetuity BC I don't really have any other verses from a finale song just bounding around randomly like that with any frequency and it's not that it's the best line of anything in particular it's just a nice succinct poetic lyric delivered in a meter I find pleasing in a non definable way

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Speaking earworms, this has inspired me to listen to COOKIES again.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Asia's verse kills me every time because it sounds like a poetic flowing spoken word performance and then immediately "EUREKA WATCH ME SMILE WATCH ME SLAY."

I've been listening to a lot of I'm That Bitch after the Emmy noms and it deserves them. It must be awkward for half the cast to not even be in the submitted episode though.

Shneak fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 30, 2020

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MizuZero posted:

meanwhile despite it being less than a week I can’t remember a single goddamn thing about clap back, besides the title

I don't think it sucked or anything, but something felt a bit off with it. The scale felt very on-the-nose Middle Eastern and something just didn't quite fit. Ru should stick to her formula, she's usually good at knocking out those earworms.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Mirror mirror on the wall, I'm the fiercest of them all. Face face face, body and all. Another day, another slay.

Looking back, I wouldn't have minded Bebe getting a second crown

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Rakatatiti tata
Yeah I"m pussy bitch
Ooh la la la la la la
C'est bon C'est bon
Do ko cho ko Latala
You can't take my snatch
Drag it up
Wild it up
Gimme more
Bring it to the ball
:dance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llsG1B2-CQ4

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yvie showing her whole rear end on twitter. Very embarrassing

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I was a big yvie stan and its hard to think of anyone who would even be able to think that sentence that gives less of a poo poo about MUA industry/influencer ratfuckery she's decided to build a hill around and die on than I do, but it looks real embarrassing and bad and i unfollowed her about it just bc not only do I not care, I don't care and she still sounds like a loving rear end in a top hat about it.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 30, 2020

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I can’t be the only one who suffered for weeks with Break Up in their head.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'll never forget the American challenge because that's when it became obvious to me that they would never let Kameron win because they reduced her to the shortest part of the performance and made her, the strongest performer of the four, stand still and finger tut when Aquaria is carried onto the stage and swoops around all over it.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Twitter doesn't matter.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh god night of 1000 Celines I'm living

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Yay Mary Walsh.

Love her.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THAT LSFYL :supaburn:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Love how much Stacey was living for it too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Great episode. Loved Baga going with Eurovision Celine to start.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Leaving this here without further comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdTLrkFzXP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puKAnTLXggM

Edit: also maybe the first time I mostly agree with the judges.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 31, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Priyanka's lip sync gave me chills. I was YELLING.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Shneak posted:

Priyanka's lip sync gave me chills. I was YELLING.

https://twitter.com/WSpark98NZ/status/1289020032723238912

e: It helped that we got almost all of the song. I shudder to see what the US-style edit would have been.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 31, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i'm sry i don't speak east coast lesbian

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Severe lack of queens punching themselves in the chest this runway

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dat lipsync tho

can we just do celine songs every week tbh

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

I don't know Avril Lavigne songs make me feel like a teenager again so maybe just alternate.

Sk8er Boi lipsync

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Okay, I loved the lipsync and thought the right person went home, but goddamnit, why wasn't Boa in the bottom? Her Celine look was formless, her Snatch Game was bad, at least Priyanka had a good Celine. So not fair and it pitted the PoC's against one another.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Priyanka bombed so hard in Snatch Game I think she deserved bottom despite a ballin runway.

BOA and Kiara did equally mediocre imho

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Sending home the 3 black queens in a row isn't a good look tbh. I really hope the finally do kick boa into the bottom soon instead of letting her slide again.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

esperterra posted:

Severe lack of queens punching themselves in the chest this runway

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

rita did well as expected (non, je ne regrette rien) but jimbo deserved that w with every fibre. at first I was like oh it’s joan rivers, whatever, but I screamed when she told bobo-as-liza “your mom and I invented snatch game. you miss your mother? then smell my fingers!” Then, that runway.

I had it pegged as a boa/kiara lipsync, because I thought priyanka’s runway would have been enough to keep her from bottom. apparently not, and good I guess, because she loving slayed it. kiara held her own for most of the song but got a little flaily once she lost her heel.

the show is getting less melanated by the episode, but apart from this last decision I think the bottom two judging has been sound. even that can be explained by production wanting to light a fire under priyanka’s rear end a la lemon

I see a top three/ four of priyanka/rita/jimbo/(lemon) unless something real wild happens

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I went into this season especting to dislike Lemon, but she's surprised me from episode 2 onward tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing her in the top 4, but atm I'm leaning toward Jimbo/Priyanka/Rita/Bobo for that.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I like bobo a lot too but she’s getting the shuga cain / jackie cox edit atm

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5 & Canada: The only thing you're loving... is Stupid

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5 & Canada: The only thing you're loving... is Stupid

:perfect:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I was torn between that and not understanding east coast lesbian so ty for choosing for me

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I also loved the Coaster read but that one was just perfect.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Holy hell I can't wait for Tom Green as guest judge next week, holy hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I had no idea who JoJo was before Snatch Game and I thought that Edith Piaf was going to be a terrible choice. I was very pleasantly surprised on both counts