Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

Zaphod42 posted:

As usual CIG are inventing things that are easily 15 years old.

Try 30+ years old. I have my robotics textbook from my college days, with significant chunks of info on inverse kinematic math. It is the exact same mathematics as is used to determine how to move a robot to a certain position and orientation.

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we found out hundreds of years ago, Euler or some other mathematician did work on surface normals that was used as the basis for modern kinematics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Zaphod42 posted:

I did not say "DS1 was the first game to do it", it was just an example of something years older than that video. I know. IK is really old tech.

Didn't mean to sound like I corrected you, just wanted to go even further back to highlight the false myth that CIG is some pillar of innovation when they can barely get the engine they signed up for to get it to do what they want it to do.

I keep harping on this, if they had used something reliable like Unreal 3 at the time, they wouldn't have wasted so much time trying to get his game to work in any capacity.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/VXf4EOO.mp4

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

That article title...

I can't even tell if it's serious or poking fun at CIG- Star Citizen is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dwesa posted:

It's misspelled form of stimp as in Fourth Stimpire or Stimperor. S(t)imp is someone reposting The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire aka s(t)imping.

If posting Stimpire.txt is wrong then I don't want to be right...

https://i.imgur.com/E6uHokw.mp4

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I flipped through the album Ars had embedded in their article:

I wonder what % of work that they show these poor guys working on has since been thrown out? (a lot I'm guessing)

Are they really sitting around drinking beer on the job?? (that would actually explain a few things...)

This one confused me for a second- a bunch of PS3 and 360 games?? Oh, right- this is from 2014.

The empty chair is a nice visual representation of Chris' current involvement in the project...

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Come on, I just requested no gifs of cute animals being devoured.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I'm loving the latest "hello" and Pixelate's great bug reports.

The funniest scenario would be if the investors outsourced the console release of SQ42, and it releases in a year or so, but the backers still had to wait for CIG to release the fidelitous PC version to play it.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Baby Proof posted:

I'm loving the latest "hello" and Pixelate's great bug reports.

The funniest scenario would be if the investors outsourced the console release of SQ42, and it releases in a year or so, but the backers still had to wait for CIG to release the fidelitous PC version to play it.

Or as the ultimate slap in the face they port the console back to PC as a hollow gutted out cash grab. Not that that would ever happen.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

monkeytek posted:

Or as the ultimate slap in the face they port the console back to PC as a hollow gutted out cash grab. Not that that would ever happen.

"Press X to start"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Congrats CIG you made Gameranx at #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbnXIoQXtUY&t=534s

quote:

Hello,

As this thread discussion has shifted topics, we encourage that you offer your feedback to the discussion with a reply to Zyloh's post to keep the feedback in one place.

You can find that thread here

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 31, 2020

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

tuo posted:

Holy poo poo did I sink hours into this game!

Pressing the 't' key?!

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The devs for Fall Guys (a sort of MMO Japanese Game Show Simulator that looks fun and is being released as one of next month's PS+ games) did an AMA on Reddit today.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
im the mining vehicle that looks like it can carry maybe 1/10th it's own weight in cargo

also fast forward to 8:08 where their showcase space explosion features some debris that acts like it's in a gravityless vacuum, some like it's under the influence of gravity, some like it's experiencing drag in an atmosphere, and everything between. Also the thing that's being destroyed randomly rotates for no obvious reason and then freezes in place while it explodes

how the gently caress can you be *proud* of this poo poo

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

toiletbrush posted:

im the mining vehicle that looks like it can carry maybe 1/10th it's own weight in cargo

also fast forward to 8:08 where their showcase space explosion features some debris that acts like it's in a gravityless vacuum, some like it's under the influence of gravity, some like it's experiencing drag in an atmosphere, and everything between. Also the thing that's being destroyed randomly rotates for no obvious reason and then freezes in place while it explodes

how the gently caress can you be *proud* of this poo poo

Because their target audience forgives them EVERYTHING, seriously no matter how lovely it is the true believers have an excuse ready to go.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol nice wood floor back bar

hope that's some kind of impermeable, indestructible space wood

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The roadmap to the roadmap! https://www.mmorpg.com/star-citizen/news/heres-why-squadron-42-news-was-delayed-2000118943

4 bullet points! :gary:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

When life gives you lemons, make pixelemonade.com and fail miserably to astroturf.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I flipped through the album Ars had embedded in their article:

Are they really sitting around drinking beer on the job?? (that would actually explain a few things...)

This is probably a cold-brew coffee tap

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

False. Publishers spent hundreds M$ to create their company, game engine+pipelines and hire hundreds or thousands of devs over years.

Second, a GTX 1070 is providing 35 to 65 fps in a none optimized code. 3.10 patch has almost alleviate object clipping, increased even more quality of height map and remaining stuttering is due tos erver on which CIG is working to implement icache and server meshing.
In short, an ambitious game delviering ambitious code... in less time multi-billion $ companies take to deliver sequel of past games with a fraction of SQ42+SC scope.

quote:

Dunno why so many are so interested in StarCitizen/Squadron42 when they could be playing Bethesda's Starfield or Ubisoft's Pioneer and BeyondGood&Evil2 :disappointed:

No wonder publishers have to develop in secrecy, normies cant handle seeing the sausage get made without going into a hysterical frenzy drama.

Instead of asking why people still give Star Citizen money they should be asking why no other studio was able to release something better. For some not so odd reason Star Citizen alpha keeps getting updates and being played by more and more players and they keep breaking funding records every year. No competition whatsoever, kinda.

quote:

Drama is never the big picture no matter the company or product.

We've had these useless shenanigans every year because of the complex nature of this project and because it's open development. You would see the same thing with other games if they had to comunicate as early and as much as CIG does.

Again if it was an easy game to make some other studio with more experience, devs and money would have made it by now.

Understanding that is getting the big picture, this drama is just noise that will flatulently vanish like all the other.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Emergent gameplay!

https://i.imgur.com/7gB0Lwo.mp4
(unmute for commentary)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
i must be too internet-poisoned but wtf is "IK"?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

HiroProtagonist posted:

i must be too internet-poisoned but wtf is "IK"?

Inverse Kinematics unless you obviously don't understand anything about game development in which case it's Idiot King

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fargin Icehole posted:

I keep harping on this, if they had used something reliable like Unreal 3 at the time, they wouldn't have wasted so much time trying to get his game to work in any capacity.

If they actually wanted to make a game, agreed. The thing is though, when you realize Star Citizen was always a grift, crytek actually makes a lot of sense.

Would the whales ever have invested so many thousands if they had used Unity or even Unreal? They'd have a much harder time making everything look fancy and shiny out of the box. Unreal looks good, but still takes some work...

Course the game has taken so long that now it doesn't even look impressive anymore in any way, but the backers are already cultists and aren't going anywhere.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Lol, haven't worked in software dev before? Them's one of the perks :) I remember marveling at all the liquor bottles on people's desks in the office when I started....

That said, I bet they drink like every day at 3pm lmao.

Nicholas posted:

This is probably a cold-brew coffee tap

Or this

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 1, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pixelate posted:

Emergent gameplay!

https://i.imgur.com/7gB0Lwo.mp4
(unmute for commentary)

I thought the funny part was gonna be the terrible shaking when the commando zoomed in but no, it's that they still haven't fixed the death ramps 8+ years in...

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

If they actually wanted to make a game, agreed. The thing is though, when you realize Star Citizen was always a grift, crytek actually makes a lot of sense.

Would the whales ever have invested so many thousands if they had used Unity or even Unreal? They'd have a much harder time making everything look fancy and shiny out of the box. Unreal looks good, but still takes some work...

Course the game has taken so long that now it doesn't even look impressive anymore in any way, but the backers are already cultists and aren't going anywhere.

Lol, haven't worked in software dev before? Them's one of the perks :)

We had Tequila Tuesdays and Margarita Thursdays was amazing we ever got anything done.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

monkeytek posted:

We had Tequila Tuesdays and Margarita Thursdays was amazing we ever got anything done.

Yeah we did Whiskey Wednesday and then just generally drank at the end of Friday.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

quote:

Notable Changes for July 31st, 2020

Greycat FPS Multi-Tool Cutting Attachment
We've decided to prioritize work & focus on the Multi-Tool Tractor Beam over this Attachment (currently scheduled for 3.12), so we've removed this card from the Roadmap for the time being.

Behring BR2 Ballistic Shotgun
Added to the Roadmap under the Alpha 3.11 column | Designing and creating the Behring BR2 ballistic shotgun. Includes asset creation, animation, and balancing.

fun fact:
5 days * 600 people = 24,000 work hours.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What the gently caress is a simp?

Simpsons fan.

Thuorn
Jul 18, 2020

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/star-citizen-updates-roadmap/

Another supportive article for the masterpiece that is the fantastic and ingenious Roadmap to a Roadmap. heh

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Tane

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I'm in my 70s will I live to see the completion of this game?

Backed around 6 years ago, I keep telling myself ill be around a while longer yet but each time I check the progress I start feeling less hopeful...

quote:

I'm 26 and I don't expect to live to see Star Citizen release.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nicholas posted:

fun fact:
5 days * 600 people = 24,000 work hours.

Lol, you're multiplying by 8hrs per day. That's pretty cute.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru posted:

Lol, you're multiplying by 8hrs per day. That's pretty cute.

quote:

CIG if i'm not mistaken have three offices full of developers and because those offices are located in different timezones each work is passed to another office at workday end. So basically all development is constantly in progress and this mean that 3 years of development is equal to 9 years :) ... such thinking gives me hopes for squadron release in late 2016 or begining of 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So if 1 year equals 3 years, Star Citizen has been in development for 24 years and still not released!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Lol, haven't worked in software dev before? Them's one of the perks :) I remember marveling at all the liquor bottles on people's desks in the office when I started....

Or this

https://www.kegerator.com/

it's a beer dispenser unless they found kegs that are compatible with it that do not contain beer

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Kesper North posted:

There's also the lovely white nationalist context often used by the same people... in which it refers to Jewish sympathizers.
drat, I watch female streamers and I have a Jewish sister. I'm a double simp.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Star Citizer: We've dedicated a team to formulating a thread title

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dogeh posted:

Star Citizer: We've dedicated a team to formulating a thread title

Star Citizer: A rough mockup of the proposed new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

So if 1 year equals 3 years, Star Citizen has been in development for 24 years and still not released!

also each dollar raised through krautfunding counts 4 times more then the budget of a classic publisher controlled videogame.
i am sure you all remember the highly detailed calculations/infographics from chris where he concludes:

“yep, according to our calculations each dollar pledged for start criticism corresponds to 4 dollars in traditional game dev.“