Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I've been a casual racing fan most of my life and have recently been getting pretty interested in F1, and been watching these practice sessions after watching the last two GPs on replay.

Are these tire blanket things intended to warm the tires so the drivers have to spend less time warming them once they're out on the track? The little ritual mechanics go through right before the cars leave the garage is weird looking.

Edit: Worst page snipe.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

bgreman posted:

I've been a casual racing fan most of my life and have recently been getting pretty interested in F1, and been watching these practice sessions after watching the last two GPs on replay.

Are these tire blanket things intended to warm the tires so the drivers have to spend less time warming them once they're out on the track? The little ritual mechanics go through right before the cars leave the garage is weird looking.

Yeah pretty much, they're tyre warmers. If I'm not mistaken the tyres straight up have the grip of soaped glass if not warmed, the warmers are there to get them to "safe to drive" temperature

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Has anybody said "gently caress all of you idiot fucker shithead moron brainwrongs who spent the last couple of seasons dunking on Lance" yet? Because I really want to say it but at the same time I want to savour it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Go Lance, Go Lance, Go Go Go Lance!

I can feel a Podium coming.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

bgreman posted:

Almost every racing series uses them to get them as close to get to racing temp, they'll cool though as you leave the pits, hence the 'cold tyres' phrased a lot

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Has anybody said "gently caress all of you idiot fucker shithead moron brainwrongs who spent the last couple of seasons dunking on Lance" yet? Because I really want to say it but at the same time I want to savour it.

hey in the inter-team battle this season I have been consistently team lance, ask anyone.

possibly because i view perez as such a worthless pile of poo poo that he ought never to show his face at anything resembling a race track ever again but still, go stroll

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Does Canada have a long tradition of pay drivers or is that just how the grid is now?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I've got the F2 qualifying session on now, are these the wheels that F1 is moving to in 2022? Rims look much bigger.

djssniper posted:

Almost every racing series uses them to get them as close to get to racing temp, they'll cool though as you leave the pits, hence the 'cold tyres' phrased a lot

Most of my experience with open-wheel racing is American series (CHAMP/CART/IndyCar) in the late 90s/early 2000s, and I don't remember seeing them back then but I wasn't really watching practice/qualifying/pre-race stuff back then.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lance gonna win his home race at Silverstone 2020! God save the queen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://i.imgur.com/UPcipWV.mp4

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Noticing a lot of silence from the idiotic morons who spent years deriding Lance and saying he has no talent right now that they’ve been comprehensively and repeatedly proven wrong. Helen Keller is better at seeing driving talent than you loving cunts.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lance is trash.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

Lance is crap

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Minto Took posted:

Lance is trash.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Lance stroll world tour

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Lance has the (second) most punchable face on the grid

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

TheBacon posted:

poor guy, couldn't even win that

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ItS oNlY fReE pRaCtIcE 2.

How many races in a row was it that Lance failed to make it out of Q1 while Perez made it into Q2/Q3?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

TheBacon posted:

Who has the first? Vettel right?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Mustache Ride posted:

Who has the first? Vettel right?

vettel is a saint and watching season 2 drive to survive finally makes me wish he were actaully a good driver and that ferrari could actually still build a car without todt so that he could follow his idol michael german driver in an italian car is just too beautiful.

The obvious answer is loving frog boy max and that poo poo eater grin, jos didn't beat him enough

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Best bit of Drive to Survive was Ocon telling Toto that he could put him in a Mercedes and Toto going “uhh hu hu. No.” and Ocon turning out to be a bit rubbish this season, tbh the reason people probably liked him and thought he was a sparky young talent in the first place was because he kept annoying Verstappen.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Lance Stroll should replace The Fraudulent Binman as the second driver with Sharting LaClerc for Frauderia Failairi

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

tbh the reason people probably liked him and thought he was a sparky young talent in the first place was because he kept annoying Verstappen.
People have had seats in F1 cars for multiple seasons for worse reasons than this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

People have had seats in F1 cars for multiple seasons for worse reasons than this

It’s going to be amazing when Toto promotes Russel and puts Ocon in the Williams to ignore blue flags just to annoy Horner.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

the corona quid posted:

Noticing a lot of silence from the idiotic morons who spent years deriding Lance and saying he has no talent right now that they’ve been comprehensively and repeatedly proven wrong. Helen Keller is better at seeing driving talent than you loving cunts.

lance stinks worse than my taint

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I see very few :toxx: challenges for Stroll to finish ahead of Hulkenberg on Sunday.
The Lance DOTD idiot army gotta step up!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Khablam posted:

I see very few :toxx: challenges for Stroll to finish ahead of Hulkenberg on Sunday.
The Lance DOTD idiot army gotta step up!

Hell probate me for a month if that happens.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

the corona quid posted:

:discourse:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

the corona quid posted:

Hell, same. Because my last Stroll Toxx worked out really well.

:toxx:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Just to clarify me probate me a month of Hulkenberg somehow in an impossible universe finishes ahead of my boy Lance.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Hell, same. Because my last Stroll Toxx worked out really well.

lol ok

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

the corona quid posted:

Just to clarify me probate me a month of Hulkenberg somehow in an impossible universe finishes ahead of my boy Lance.

Add me to the Stroll train.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Lance Stroll loving sucks, unless his dad buys out Ferrari and puts him in the owningest team ever (Ferrari) and he starts winning races, then he will always have been my favorite driver.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Lance Stroll loving sucks, unless his dad buys out Ferrari and puts him in the owningest team ever (Ferrari) and he starts winning races, then he will always have been my favorite driver.

https://youtu.be/JSUmJXjXLSc imagine this at ferrari

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

So Papa Stroll buys a F1 team, steals the designs of the best team, infects the 2nd driver (or falsified his Covid tests) so they can hire a driver with an allergy to podiums. All for his boy yet what does he do for Chloe? A single music video. lmao

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The best part of Surrender is it's clearly made by one of those scammy outfits, the likes of which made Rebecca Black's Friday.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i'll toxx 2 weeks for a stroll podium :toxx:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

OhsH posted:

i'll toxx 2 weeks for a stroll podium :toxx:

if stoll podiums you take 2 weeks? if so, i'm onboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I wanted to like Gio, but he's so bad. How much longer until Mick gets the seat and emulate his father's cheating ways?