Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

hakimashou posted:

Got some stuff called Rojo's Sweet Corn Dip and its really good

they buried the lede with that cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

btw ive been seeing Hint water at costcos now, I recommend it though it may not be for everyone. It's not carbonated it's more like drinking from a water dispenser filled with fruit

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Alan Smithee posted:

it's more like drinking from a water dispenser filled with fruit

I love those things!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Alan Smithee posted:

btw ive been seeing Hint water at costcos now, I recommend it though it may not be for everyone. It's not carbonated it's more like drinking from a water dispenser filled with fruit

not sure what the nutritional value is compared to water but having had the watermelon before it's definitely t a s t y

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Do they ever have those in women sizes? I love mine, but my wife has tiny feet and I think even the small mens would be too big for her.

Women get the Kirkland Merino Trail Sock. I think they come in a 4-pack. They're usually very colorful. My wife likes hers, but not the same way I like mine; I wear mine pretty much daily, year round.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

These things are so good. They sold out at my Costco in a couple days and I failed to properly stock up. The water is incredibly high quality and the name is just perfect. You get a little hint of the fruit flavor without it tasting artificial. It's like they poured Fiji water into an old flavored water bottle.

I'll buy 4-5 cases of it next time it's in stock.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is it aspartamey or otherwise gross?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's not sweetened or anything

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
You know you can just make that stuff with a pitcher in the fridge, right? Most pitchers even come with fruit infusers.

Gotta cut the orange yourself though, bummer.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Enos Cabell posted:

Do they ever have those in women sizes? I love mine, but my wife has tiny feet and I think even the small mens would be too big for her.

I'm a women's 7 1/2 and they fit perfectly with a good amount of hug to them, I can see them fitting 6s without being too big.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

Women get the Kirkland Merino Trail Sock. I think they come in a 4-pack. They're usually very colorful. My wife likes hers, but not the same way I like mine; I wear mine pretty much daily, year round.

That's what I love about merino wool. It's thick but it breathes. When I hike with regular cotton socks they get soaked but the wool socks dry out a lot faster.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hutla posted:

I'm a women's 7 1/2 and they fit perfectly with a good amount of hug to them, I can see them fitting 6s without being too big.

She wears either a 6 or 6.5 so that sounds about perfect. I'll snag a pack next trip, thanks!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They're pretty long. They go a ways over my ankle. I wear a men's 11.5.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

You know you can just make that stuff with a pitcher in the fridge, right? Most pitchers even come with fruit infusers.

Gotta cut the orange yourself though, bummer.

No poo poo? You can just make it yourself? That's wild.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
And you can bottle it yourself, maybe start a productive side hustle.

\/\/We might never be able to at the rate the US is going! \/\/

We will never crack the mystery of the 1.50 Hot Dog With Free Refill though.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 31, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

No poo poo? You can just make it yourself? That's wild.

I heard you can make hamburgers at home too. Never tried that though. Imagine never having to go to a restaurant ever again.

:haw:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Got some stuff called Rojo's Sweet Corn Dip and its really good

seen in the frozen section yesterday

Hooks
Aug 26, 2007

He'll save children, but not the British children
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

I bought this last month and it is delicious.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Chinatown posted:

Pro-tip: don’t cook the bag in the microwave, the corn tasted plastic-y when we did that. On the stovetop is the way to go and about as quick as microwaving.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Trastion posted:

Trip report.

BUY THIS. Smother your Normandy Blend (baked) and choice of protein in it.

WAS SO GOOD. PBUC!

That thing looks good enough that I'd almost be willing to grab a jug of it next time I'm in that 3 state area it's sold in.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Has someone made some sort of effortpost of "best stuff you can get at costco"?

I'm trying to lose weight and mostly succeeding. The chicken ramen bowls and chicken teriyaki bowls are good for filling meals that are only about 400 calories. The kirkland protein bars are good. my ranking is:

1: chocolate chip cookie dough
2: cookies and cream
3: peanut butter chunk
4: chocolate brownie

But there's a massive gap between 3 and 4 i.e. the peanut butter chunk is fine and the chocolate brownie is loving grim, and you can only buy 1+4 together or 2+3 together so I always buy 2+3.

Apart from that we make smoothies with the vitamix using greek yoghurt/frozen fruit/raw spinach that we get from costco and those are about 330 calories each and have a ton of fruit in them. The egg bites are really great for feeding children, too.

edit: also, what fruit is good this time of the year? I think the nectarines are really great right now, and the apples are very not-good.

redreader fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 31, 2020

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Cottage cheese
Cauliflower rice
Greens in the walk-in cooler
Low processed meats
Jerky
Nuts

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nuts are a terrible idea if your losing weight

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Gaius Marius posted:

Nuts are a terrible idea if your losing weight

I get the big tins of peanuts and eat an ounce at a time. It's quite filling, actually! Only 85 calories so that's fine IMHO. I also have a snickers sometimes and that's not much more filling, and 250 calories. Even the protein bars are something like 220, so yeah peanuts are fine. Just don't eat an entire cup of them or something.

SirPablo posted:

Cauliflower rice

Costco sells this as an actual product? I don't have to boil the cauliflower then shred it, or shred it and then steam it or however you're supposed to prepare it? Googling it, it looks like a frozen product? I'll give it a go, thanks.

redreader fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 1, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you got a costco business center?

I feel like you could get a fathom of long pig and be good for the week

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

redreader posted:

Costco sells this as an actual product? I don't have to boil the cauliflower then shred it, or shred it and then steam it or however you're supposed to prepare it? Googling it, it looks like a frozen product? I'll give it a go, thanks.

My local has two versions. One regular plain rice, one with a ginger garlic sesame sauce that works so well for stir fry.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Enos Cabell posted:

Looks like the Foodsaver vacuum sealer is $50 off next week. I foresee large quantities of smoked meats in my future.

I'm not good at navigating the Costco site; is it the cheaper one that's going on sale? So after $50 off it's more like $30?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No it's the $149 one that is going to be $99. It was in the mailer, think the sale starts on the 5th.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Picked up cauliflower rice at Costco yesterday. Its great.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

you got a costco business center?

I feel like you could get a fathom of long pig and be good for the week

Is pork really measured by the fathom? That's nuts.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Cauli rice is indeed amazing. Make a good sauce to cover and you hardly tell the difference. On its own it's kinda bleh.

Edemame are amazing and filling. Just boil in salted water from frozen, a filling snack or side.

Cans of tuna are great, I drain and mix with onion powder and some greek yoghurt and Sriracha, then eat on top of spinach.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Long pig is human meat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

does costco have a good risotto? I once went to a catered event where they made it in the hollowed out bowl of a giant parmesan cheese wheel and it was so amazing I bought the Trader Joes mushroom risotto, mixed it with the Costco parmesan flakes and it was a pretty good approximation

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

redreader posted:

Yeah they sell it in the frozen section, i want to say near the normandy blend. If you can't find it, Trader Joes also sells cauliflower rice in smaller bags that are about the same on a price/oz basis iirc like $1.99 each.

Cauliflower rice was an absolute god-send when i was on a keto diet. currently not but prob gunna start again, its harder right now w/ covid because of stores being harder to just do a quick stop and grab something so i find it a lot more difficult to maintain a bunch of fresh produce and cheeses. in addition TJ doesnt have halloumi this year which was a key ingredient for a lot of my keto dishes :sigh:

Suspect Bucket posted:

Cauli rice is indeed amazing. Make a good sauce to cover and you hardly tell the difference. On its own it's kinda bleh.
yeah the trick is either like some sort of stir-fried rice or some kind of sauce. like i was doing keto paneer tikka masala poured over cauli rice and you couldn't tell the difference and worked great.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Just a reminder to buy your food saver bags for like 1/10th the price of Costco on Amazon or whatever.

Also, +1 on cauli rice being great mixed in with Indian food. Major calorie savings there and it's almost as good and dead simple to heat up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Just a reminder to buy your food saver bags for like 1/10th the price of Costco on Amazon or whatever.

Part of the reason I like Costco so much is because they are a good company, so no.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

You can also get a decent discount buying non-knockoff bags directly from foodsaver; they almost always seem to be running some kind of promotion.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The box of bags is also going to be on sale, can't remember the price offhand though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Grem posted:

Part of the reason I like Costco so much is because they are a good company, so no.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

This is not an excuse to do bad things.