Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
August is Finishers Month, hope we see Cardona hit his soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

At first I was gonna bury this obviously fake tweet, then I remembered what day it is :discourse:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cardona’s AEW shirt is somehow the top selling shirt on PWTees of the week (only masks are ahead of it), I guess he’s got a market somewhere that’s not here.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the market is strong island, baby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's because he was taken hostage by an oppressed dictator and held captive by a tyrannical regime. after five years the handcuffs are off. the chains of captivity are broken

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Benne posted:

At first I was gonna bury this obviously fake tweet, then I remembered what day it is :discourse:

...August Fools?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

...August Fools?

I guess you never heard the legendary August 1 Warning

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Cardona’s AEW shirt is somehow the top selling shirt on PWTees of the week (only masks are ahead of it), I guess he’s got a market somewhere that’s not here.
Someone pointed out to me that he has almost as many twitter followers as the rest of the WWE releases combined. Dude knows how to market himself.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

His toy podcast fanbase is pretty rabid for merch, him and Myers quite regularly do promotions where they’ll call you personally to say thanks for buying it which is pretty cool too.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish someone would spend $34.48 on a zack ryder shirt for me

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

His toy podcast fanbase is pretty rabid for merch, him and Myers quite regularly do promotions where they’ll call you personally to say thanks for buying it which is pretty cool too.

I mean, if there was any fanbase that would be insanely rabid for merch, it'd be toy fans.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seth Rollins posted:

i wish someone would spend $34.48 on a zack ryder shirt for me

i'm doing it. August Fools!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You'd be an August Fool not to buy a Zack Ryder shirt before all the merch of AEW's fastest-rising star sells out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Someone pointed out to me that he has almost as many twitter followers as the rest of the WWE releases combined. Dude knows how to market himself.

The guy does, perhaps, know a thing or two about getting himself over on the internet. He is, some may say, a champion of it. :v:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cardona's great and has a very real very strong passion for the industry and for fig collecting. he very clearly knows how to tap into the nostalgia segment of wrestling fans taht lots of other wrestlers don't seem to be able to. i hope he is managed by super gabby and starts selling YOU ALREADY KNOW shirts soon.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

cardona's great and has a very real very strong passion for the industry and for fig collecting. he very clearly knows how to tap into the nostalgia segment of wrestling fans taht lots of other wrestlers don't seem to be able to. i hope he is managed by super gabby and starts selling YOU ALREADY KNOW shirts soon.

What if he teams up with Billy and becomes the third Gunn

OH YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW?

YOUR rear end SHOULD HAVE CALLED SOMEBODY

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What if they hired him specifically to help out on the merch side of things

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What if he creates the perfect action figure while still cutting production costs, and aew figurines become the most popular toy out there even among people who have no idea what wrestling is. then aew doesn't have to run shows to be profitable just like WWE

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A blessed August First to you and yours

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hate that I love Cardona and want him to the succeed but at the same time dread that he won't bring anything super valuable in front of the camera.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

That whole bit with Cordona as Screech Powers to Cena’s Zack Morris basically killed all my ryderhype because Freddie Prinze Jr is a hack

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I Before E posted:

I tried to think of another catch phrase for the two and came up with "woo, rear end" and I think yours is better

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I Before E posted:

OH, YOU WERE UNAWARE?

YOUR POSTERIOR SHOULD CONTACT SOMEONE VIA TELEPHOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNE

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

WEE WEE WEE

I TOLD YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, it all makes sense. His fan base is WWE toy nerds which tends to be older guys with the extra cash. Cardona is going to help them win the 50+ war.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wait, it all makes sense. His fan base is WWE toy nerds which tends to be older guys with the extra cash. Cardona is going to help them win the 50+ war.

And he is coming on board right at the point where the AEW toy line launches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TK bought off a good review and promo for their figures, what a businessman

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I do hope that Ariane / Cameron has become a much better wrestler, but even if she hasn't, I have a soft spot for her for giving me one of my favorite botches ever.

I'm not even sure you can call it a botch, really. A botch is usually being out of position, or trying to do something you can't physically accomplish, or slipping, tripping, over-rotating, under-rotating, sand-bagging etc. They're all mistakes. Her botch was a fundamental lack of understanding of the most basic rule of wrestling, how to pin a person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFMcOGGGbs

It's like watching a pro soccer match and the striker just picks up the ball and runs with it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

TK bought off a good review and promo for their figures, what a businessman

To be fair to him, even when he was still at WWE they both regularly poo poo on the toys when they were bad.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm pumped for that dark lineup.

Great to see TH2 back. I love the Cage/Starks dynamic with Taz they fit really well together.

I really hope the Lucha Bros beat FTR for the tag title. FTR rip off Fenix's mask again and he's wearing a second mask underneath, then rollup and pin. Lucha Bros tag team champs.

FTR are free to go full four horsemen after this.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Taz / Cage / Starks is just guys being dudes... What's better than that?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Taz / Cage / Starks is just body guys doing stuff ... What's better than that?

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Who betta, for which to be a guy being a dude, than

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I would love to see Best Friends vs Body Guys to figure out which is the more Dudes Rock tag team

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I Before E posted:

I would love to see Best Friends vs Body Guys to figure out which is the more Dudes Rock tag team

Best Friends are Dudes. Cage and Starks are Guys. Lucha Bros are Bros. And Eddie Kingston is a grown-rear end man.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats one heck of a highspots vid

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Best Friends are Dudes. Cage and Starks are Guys. Lucha Bros are Bros. And Eddie Kingston is a grown-rear end man. And Billy Gunn is a grown rear end-man.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

Best Friends are Dudes. Cage and Starks are Guys. Lucha Bros are Bros. And Eddie Kingston is a grown-rear end man.

Add this to the OP and the Rules for the subforum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

The Butcher and the Blade are Dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Just tuned in but it looks like Kip and Penelope are doing some Q/A over on Twitch and there aren't many people talking if you have a question you want to ask.

https://www.twitch.tv/thekipsabian