Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

The Naked Gun with a bullet. I love spoofs in general. When I was a kid I Didn't know that was there genre I called them the comedy movies where the universe wasn't like real life and wacky things could happen.

The random dudes being told to get out of the Queen's seat at the baseball game is second only to the Queen having to pass hotdogs along a little later on :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oscar but i haven't seen it since the 1990s

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I miss really good spoof flicks. Last good one was BASEketball.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How in the world do I edit my signature it's finisher month and this hell website seems to have deleted my old good one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

How in the world do I edit my signature it's finisher month and this hell website seems to have deleted my old good one

Go to User Control Panel, Edit Profile and make whatever changes to your signature you want.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TDS_MagicSword/status/1288631136449486848

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Man that samurai armor sure is tough

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's favorite comedy movie? What makes ya belly laugh?

The ones I have come back to whenever I needed a laugh since childhood are Blues Brothers and Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Both can still seem as funny as when my mum sat me down on a Sunday afternoon to watch them. The plots are thin and the movies exist as vehicles for funny scenes but god I adore them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s my birthday, tell me about your greatest meals.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hockey's back. Thank God.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hbd. I don't think my fiancé would have said yes to my proposal if I hadn't made the best reverse seared ribeye of my life, accompanied by roasted lil' potatoes, pan fried green beans, and a decent charcuterie board.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Happy birthday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

happy birthday!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

https://imstillhungry.net/sepia-restaurant-sydney-cbd/

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Happy happy!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
HBD!

Favorite meal is usually whenever I make a turkey and my wife makes desserts and sides. She makes a mean sheet pie. It’s like a giant pop tart.

I make turkey by stuffing it with apples and sweet potatoes. Put it in a bag and cook it on top of more apples and sweet potatoes. Slather the whole thing in butter or coconut oil. Super moist bird meat. Good poo poo.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Happy birthday BJ Robot. I’ve had many a fabulous meal in my time but nothing beats a horrible 6€ pizza when you’re massively hungover.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I went to this buffet a couple of times and I've enjoyed eating their King Crab Legs along with baked scallops in cheese. Sure there were other things that were enjoyable but the Crab Legs ran out so quickly and I would have eaten all the scallops if I could. It's one of my greatest meals because I have what I'd like to eat as long as supplies last, along with assorted food items I might like for a set price.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m at my first live concert after the thing and wow this is weird

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Even taking the horrible night bus home is a thrill

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh hey my new job officially started today

I got drunk and got paid for it. Haha

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I enjoy eating far too much meat at Fogo de Chao.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

When I lived in NYC, there was an Indian restaurant that me and my roommate used to frequent. One night, the waiter came out and took our order. Suddenly, loud shouting erupted from the back. The waiter affected a pained smile, and proceeded to the back after finishing taking our order. At which point his voice joined the loud shouting, and then we heard the sounds of cutlery and pots and pans hitting the floor. He came back out, still affecting the same pained smile, and placed two soft drinks on our table with shaky hands. We didn't have the heart to tell him we'd ordered Coke instead of Sprite. That was one of the greatest dining experiences ever (and the food was good, too).

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Dead Man was a very pretty movie with some surprisingly brutal kills

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to bed. It's 1:07 am. Sweet dreams yall

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Does anyone have any job tips for someone with no education and only work experience of the last 8 years or so being self employed in an industry that no longer exists due to COVID? If it's a forgone conclusion that i'll be working in fast food or wal mart or something until the day I die then I want to accept it now i guess.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

What was the now-dead industry? My normal answer to "I need a career change" is go get electrician, welder, or HVAC certified. That or long-haul trucking. (Speaking of soon-to-be dead industries...)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, learning a trade is always a good bet.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
learn how to farm. i'm going to be a yak farmer.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i'd like to do that but i have no money. I could definitely ask around and see if anyone would be willing to take me on as an apprentice though. i don't know literally anyone or have any real friends but I don't have any kind of social anxiety or anything that would prevent me from trying to meet someone or ask someone for that.

it's times like this I really wish I had parents who could let me stay with them and save money or something but if i don't make rent and get evicted i really have no where to go but my car, and then the street.

i don't know. i was dumb as gently caress for being in the entertainment business without a plan B, you reap what you sow i guess.

Going to maybe post in some facebook groups where all the olds are and hope i can find some one to teach me a skill in exchange for work so that is a good idea. i guess regretting my entire life up to this point is better than regretting it on my death bed and there's still a little time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you could always work on a fishing or crabbing vessel as a greenhorn.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My wife when she was unemployed starting doing a series of programming courses that teach you for free and net you certifications in different languages. It’s all remote night classes, twice a week, so there’s lots of time for other jobs provided you do all the homework and projects. Idk if there is anything like that in your area but it may be worth checking out.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

My wife when she was unemployed starting doing a series of programming courses that teach you for free and net you certifications in different languages. It’s all remote night classes, twice a week, so there’s lots of time for other jobs provided you do all the homework and projects. Idk if there is anything like that in your area but it may be worth checking out.

will definitely look into this. i am highly unintelligent, not even a high school graduate so coding may not be something that my mind is capable of understanding but i do want to give it a shot. my math skills are pretty low, i don't know my times tables etc, but my memory is ok for other things so maybe i can figure it out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

computer programming is not very much math for the majority of jobs. there’s a lot of learning involved for sure but I’ve worked with some complete dipshits, it’s not restricted to smart people at all. if you have decent people skills you will stick out in the best way.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Antichrist Time :getin:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Reading about that movie made me determine that movie is too hosed Up for me and I will not watch it, personally. Have fun, hope you enjoy.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

will definitely look into this. i am highly unintelligent, not even a high school graduate so coding may not be something that my mind is capable of understanding but i do want to give it a shot. my math skills are pretty low, i don't know my times tables etc, but my memory is ok for other things so maybe i can figure it out.

You can almost always use google for things you don't know.

In a similar vein, I was not very good at computer programming. Turns out, I am good at breaking software and found software testing. If you end up enjoying working with computers but not the computer programming part, might be worth looking into.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Reading about that movie made me determine that movie is too hosed Up for me and I will not watch it, personally. Have fun, hope you enjoy.

I always avoided his movies because of their upsetting reputation and yea in the surface there's some gross imagery in it. The themes are real shallow tho. Like it's obvious every movie I've seen of his consists of him putting on screen all the things that upset and scare him (sex, men, the devil, being sad). Much more normie than I was expecting. I like them tho, they're fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

texas chainsaw massacre. what a film