Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1289328968886190080?s=21

Seriously I want to get out of these woods and never see them again gently caress this entire place

that is specifically why I take the no-snake (well, like 3-or-4-snake) path. gently caress the snake pits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
man even basic combat in tlou2 is viscerally chunky and slimy (just watched some random gameplay)

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

There was one in particular later in the game that shattered my resolve. No matter how prepared I felt or how badly I smashed up its friends this one dude just had my number. He knew I was afraid.

the one(s) in ioesefka’s clinic? Yeah, I felt bad too, cause they’re not hostile, but I knew they’d drop items and I needed the lore so unfortunately they got ground into whirly dirly kin meat

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

man even basic combat in tlou2 is viscerally chunky and slimy (just watched some random gameplay)

like it's doing the spec ops the line thing---making me not want to play---just through its depiction of violence

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

like it's doing the spec ops the line thing---making me not want to play---just through its depiction of violence

You can thank Amy Johnston, the woman who spent days literally just dying over and over again in different ways for this game

https://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-part-2s-stuntwoman-spent-several-days-pr-1844543196/amp

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Imhotep posted:

the one(s) in ioesefka’s clinic? Yeah, I felt bad too, cause they’re not hostile, but I knew they’d drop items and I needed the lore so unfortunately they got ground into whirly dirly kin meat

Nah one in ucw. It got in my head.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

Nah one in ucw. It got in my head.

Oh right, the realization that it’s called the orphanage is pretty messed up, even for Bloodborne

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Rdr2 epilogue part 1: So the outfit John puts on before leaving the ranch to go to blackwater/or meet with sadie I'm guessing is his outfit from rdr1? idk since I've never played it.

also John's facial hair is exactly how I kept Arthur's, I'm sure this is intentional but it's kinda confusing! he even has Arthur's hat

also also, being treated to some willie Nelson while riding out from the ranch was ace.

Love this game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else try Super Hot: Mind Control Delete yet? Played it for a bit tonight. The most innovative shooter I've played in years.

It's more super hot

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone else try Super Hot: Mind Control Delete yet? Played it for a bit tonight. The most innovative shooter I've played in years.

It's more super hot

Can't go back from VR. Won't go back. Sorry, it was too good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Super Hot is for sure best in VR, but I played the flat screen game after the VR one and still found it really enjoyable. Besides, mind control delete was free for people that owned the original game which was pretty cool of the devs. The least I can do is kick back and enjoy it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Superhot VR is probably the coolest game I've ever played.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Superhot VR is probably the coolest game I've ever played.

Is this one of those memes

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so uh i guess the internet consoles are saved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uvDFSw6A0

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Zongerian posted:

Lmao I love Konami

the weirdest thing about this is that silent hill twitter page, it only got created in the last month. theres no loving way someone didnt already have that page since the start of twitter, just no way and now they got very active and are directed people towards it? i think this august reveal might be real.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Inspector Hound posted:

It's it possible to buy a game for someone else from the console or the app, like from my house

e hmm, seems like gift cards. Lame

I'm pretty sure there's a way, someone bought me Sekiro for my birthday. I don't know how to do it, though, myself.

Edit: the internet says otherwise, maybe he gave me gift certificates and I'm misremembering...

caldrax fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 1, 2020

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

caldrax posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a way, someone bought me Sekiro for my birthday. I don't know how to do it, though, myself.

Edit: the internet says otherwise, maybe he gave me gift certificates and I'm misremembering...

You can buy digital codes for games from retailers. Pretty sure I saw some in best buy, at least.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
you can also buy digital codes on Amazon and just email/text them to people. it's how my sister got me FFXV and how I got my brother Untitled Goose Game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's wild you can't gift games on PSN, literally all my friends one PS4s and I've often bought them physical games as presents. I buy my brother steam games as well, it's so handy.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

What is everyone playing this weekend? I am recently off of platting GoTsu and then I beat Modern Warfare Remastered last night as a quick palate cleanser. Not sure what to play next. I'm thinking one of the games I started, got some trophies in, then stopped partway through for whatever reason:

Days Gone
Everybody's Golf
God of War 3
Iconoclasts
Journey
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Shadow of the Colossus

Days Gone is probably out as I have some open world fatigue after GoTsu. Also I would like a game with a definite end so MHW and Everybody's Golf are also probably out. If you have an opinion tell me what it is! Also, you know, what you're playing atm.

E: To be clear, I beat Journey once, but it was so fun and short and unique that I would like to play it again someday.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I have my Pro hooked up to a 4K tv and I have Ghost of Tsushima set to high resolution mode, but my tv seems to indicate that the game is only displaying in 1080p. Any ideas?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

owl_pellet posted:

What is everyone playing this weekend? I am recently off of platting GoTsu and then I beat Modern Warfare Remastered last night as a quick palate cleanser. Not sure what to play next. I'm thinkin

Sometimes I think maybe I play videogames too much, but I'm playing through Act 2 of Ghost and it feels like the rest of the world is on their second or third playthrough and I obviously don't play nearly as much as others. So I might play through some of that this weekend.

I've also got a YouTube challenge in Spider-Man someone put me up to so I will try that for a bit as well.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Also if you like trophies/achievements like I do and are registered on the TrueTrophies site, I created a leaderboard for us:

https://www.truetrophies.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=492

it should be open so anyone can join. This is me:

https://www.truetrophies.com/gamer/owlpellet81

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

owl_pellet posted:

What is everyone playing this weekend? I am recently off of platting GoTsu and then I beat Modern Warfare Remastered last night as a quick palate cleanser. Not sure what to play next. I'm thinking one of the games I started, got some trophies in, then stopped partway through for whatever reason:

Days Gone
Everybody's Golf
God of War 3
Iconoclasts
Journey
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Shadow of the Colossus

Days Gone is probably out as I have some open world fatigue after GoTsu. Also I would like a game with a definite end so MHW and Everybody's Golf are also probably out. If you have an opinion tell me what it is! Also, you know, what you're playing atm.

E: To be clear, I beat Journey once, but it was so fun and short and unique that I would like to play it again someday.

I'm on guard duty today and just started Death Stranding and oooh boy it's a wild experience.

I'm slowly beating CoD WWII and playing some Dragon Quest Builders with GR Breakpoint bursts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

man nurse posted:

I have my Pro hooked up to a 4K tv and I have Ghost of Tsushima set to high resolution mode, but my tv seems to indicate that the game is only displaying in 1080p. Any ideas?

Try a different hdmi cable.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Midjack posted:

Try a different hdmi cable.

It’s the one that came with the system. And to clarify, when I’m on the PS4 home screen it’s displaying in 4K just fine, but it reverts to 1080p once it gets in game.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

man nurse posted:

It’s the one that came with the system. And to clarify, when I’m on the PS4 home screen it’s displaying in 4K just fine, but it reverts to 1080p once it gets in game.

I think in the Digital Foundry video they mentioned in the high framerate mode it just outputs in 1080p, are you sure the setting got saved and you didn't misread it or something?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Red Warrior posted:

I think in the Digital Foundry video they mentioned in the high framerate mode it just outputs in 1080p, are you sure the setting got saved and you didn't misread it or something?

I figured it out. I had to disable the game’s HDR option. Now it’s displaying in 4K. That raises more questions on my end, but at least it’s progress. Would love to have 4K and HDR both!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1289328968886190080?s=21

Seriously I want to get out of these woods and never see them again gently caress this entire place

Ha, I wonder if they set it up to work like that; I think I've always seen the dude that surprised you from behind first and then dealt with the bad guys down there after

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 1, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

can i ask for bloodborne spoiler tags in this thread, thank you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it is a five year old game

Feb 2, 2005

man nurse posted:

I figured it out. I had to disable the game’s HDR option. Now it’s displaying in 4K. That raises more questions on my end, but at least it’s progress. Would love to have 4K and HDR both!

Some HDR TVs only support HDR through a specific port. Usually HDMI 1.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

it is a five year old game

It's tradition

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It costs nothing to be polite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More like a game for five year olds :smugbert:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

More like a game for five year olds :smugbert:

I genuinely can't decide if 10 year old me would have found bloodborne a brick wall or if I would have communed with it and become an expert at all the little glitches and kinks

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Inspector Hound posted:

I genuinely can't decide if 10 year old me would have found bloodborne a brick wall or if I would have communed with it and become an expert at all the little glitches and kinks

I played King's Field on PS1 when I was roughly six or seven years old and the latter is exactly what I did with it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think a lot of people underestimate children's tenacity at difficult video games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got into the third area of Days Gone and these zombie birds are a horrible joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think a lot of people underestimate children's tenacity at difficult video games.

or the amount of time they have available to spend on them