Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not trying to flex or anything but I didn't find that fight to be difficult. It took maybe 5 tries?

Now O+S was a three hour ordeal...

For me it's flipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I put my Switch in my backpack and took it to my friend's house and when I got there it told me that the SD card was inaccessible. After trying various things I decided to put it in my friend's Switch to see if it would successfully initialize it, but it apparently didn't, just hanging on the approve screen for five minutes straight. Is the SD card just hosed or is there something else I could try?

I mean if it is, no big deal, I was already thinking of buying a new card anyway.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Can you read it on a PC? If so, you could try and see if you can get everything off the card, format it, and then put the stuff back on. That might solve your problem, it's fixed problems I've had with SD cards on 3DS before.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If all else fails, try the official SD Memory Card Formatter. I've had it salvage cards that Windows wouldn't even attempt to format.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Commander Keene posted:

Can you read it on a PC? If so, you could try and see if you can get everything off the card, format it, and then put the stuff back on. That might solve your problem, it's fixed problems I've had with SD cards on 3DS before.
I have a USB adapter at home, I guess I'll try it later.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
What’s a good headset everyone’s using for their switch?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shards of Fate posted:

They're buds but I use the Klipsch R61 when I'm out. At home I have Steelseries Arctis 5 that works well enough.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I've given up on going to the gym soon and I'm getting fat so I went out to buy Ring Fit and Got it, I hope this game is as good a workout thing as people are saying it is lol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Takoluka posted:

Senran Kazooie. No question.

:kazooieass:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Ring fit is decent but not as good as the gym or a yoga class. It would be a lot better if you weren’t level 100 and it still treating you like it’s your first game with the instructions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally got one of those flip grips so I can play vertical shmups and Groove Coaster and stuff more easily. It is pretty awesome, but it's just a substitute for an easy way to turn my TV sideways.

Why is there only one company in the whole world that makes this though? I mean Hori etc make all kinds of weird edge case controller adapters and stuff (hell they make up PS3 controller to Switch adapter) but not this.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

hadji murad posted:

Ring fit is decent but not as good as the gym or a yoga class. It would be a lot better if you weren’t level 100 and it still treating you like it’s your first game with the instructions.

Well I'm kinda desperate because I dont want to go get corona at the gym and I dont have a big room to purely do exercise and machines in, I figure that if I do 30 minutes of pure cardo on this then do stuff like pushups, sit ups and leg lifts until this corona situation subsides I can fight back against the fat.Watching the progress I've been making pre-corona start to wither is really upsetting me.

Are there any Yoga Apps or online stuff you recommend?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Watching the progress I've been making pre-corona start to wither is really upsetting me.

Same here brother. Let me know how it goes and maybe I’ll try and grab a copy too. In the meantime just doing pull ups and poo poo.

Finished Resident Evil 7 and decided to do a game of Outrun to unwind. Of course I finally get my first win! On the D path hell yeah. Still hoping to find out how those top players in the rankings are able to drive off road at top speed though...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dad bods are in next year people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

During lockdown, I started running half an hour a day and eating less, nothing fancy, and dropped like 8kg in a month.
I REALLY wanna get one of the Switch games like boxing or the Ring Fit but I tried the boxing demo and my TV's input lag makes it reallllly tricky to play properly.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

While we're on accessorychat, my Genki covert dock arrived this morning. It's about the same size as the standard mains adapter and Just Works, so I'm very pleased with it. It also comes with a set of swappable mains adapters for different countries, which would have come in handy before the abject collapse of the travel industry. The only thing to consider is it doesn't include an HDMI cable, so you might want quite a long one depending on how far your display is from the wall socket.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shards of Fate posted:

Highly recommend the Steel Series Arctis 1.

it's great because I can swap between consoles and pc with it, as long as there's a usb or usbc port.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Al-Saqr posted:

I've given up on going to the gym soon and I'm getting fat so I went out to buy Ring Fit and Got it, I hope this game is as good a workout thing as people are saying it is lol.

It’s not at good as actually going to the gym, but it absolutely gets your heart rate up and it will have you sweating if you set the difficulty appropriateLy. If nothing else it’s been great for my mood, and having all the stats and numbers is really cool, for me.

I’m the guy who has to go to the gym 4-5 days a week to maintain my gross body or else I become Jabba the Hut, and the last 4-5 months without the gym have really hurt a lot. For the cost of a gym membership for those 6 months, Ring Fit has felt like a great investment.

quote="Samurai Sanders" post="506943552"]
I put my Switch in my backpack and took it to my friend's house and when I got there it told me that the SD card was inaccessible
[/quote]
Dumb Question: loose in a backpack or in a case in your backpack?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Takoluka posted:

Senran Kazooie. No question.

Senran Kazooie would be funny, but Banjo Kagura is Banjo carrying a backpack full of anime waifus which I think may be funnier

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I put my Switch in my backpack and took it to my friend's house and when I got there it told me that the SD card was inaccessible. After trying various things I decided to put it in my friend's Switch to see if it would successfully initialize it, but it apparently didn't, just hanging on the approve screen for five minutes straight. Is the SD card just hosed or is there something else I could try?

I mean if it is, no big deal, I was already thinking of buying a new card anyway.

This happened to me once just by popping out the kickstand, you may have better luck but I couldn't get my pc to even recognize that I was putting an SD card in :(

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Well I'm kinda desperate because I dont want to go get corona at the gym and I dont have a big room to purely do exercise and machines in, I figure that if I do 30 minutes of pure cardo on this then do stuff like pushups, sit ups and leg lifts until this corona situation subsides I can fight back against the fat.Watching the progress I've been making pre-corona start to wither is really upsetting me.

Are there any Yoga Apps or online stuff you recommend?

The big problem I have, and it’s probably not for everyone, is that I can game it and take it easier at certain times. for example, the enemy is almost defeated so I do squats then instead of a full set. I don’t put in the effort I would with others watching. Like I said, it’s personal.

For yoga, I like DDP Yoga, that’s how I started and Down Dog has a variety of apps that are good too.

Lots of yoga stuff in the game, too. I really enjoy it, did it with the kids today. I was probably harsher than I meant to be.

Have fun!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

hadji murad posted:

The big problem I have, and it’s probably not for everyone, is that I can game it and take it easier at certain times. for example, the enemy is almost defeated so I do squats then instead of a full set. I don’t put in the effort I would with others watching. Like I said, it’s personal.

I noticed this on my first day so I just set it to random every time. It takes up less brain power so I can purely focus on good form!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My son is playing Mario Sunshine on our Wii, and he loves it. I help him out once in a while and holy poo poo, this is the strongest bout of "gently caress, I really, truly hate/love this game" I've ever experienced.

Some parts are super fun! And I don't just mean the FLUDD-less bonus stages, no... In fact, loving around with a water jet is pretty good, and more than one of those bonus stages can and should go gently caress themselves. At many times, the game is fun to play.

But then I'll have to collect all of these coins in this awful hotel level, or deal with some piranha plant made out of paint while these little bubble bastards keep smashing into me. Or I run out of water while trying to wash away toxic paint, or maybe Yoshi isn't fun to use whatsoever.

But then I do some crazy awesome spin move, or deal with a caterpillar on top of a massive mirror. These things were and are fun, but goddamn, there's a lot of bullshit to put up with.

I'm so iffy on whether I'd get a remaster, should it happen. I initially thought "how are they going to do the soft vs hard trigger pulls?" but then I realized that they could literally just map the soft to a Z trigger, and the hard to a bumper. Totally doable.

But would I buy it? I don't know.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1289576629463691264?s=19

I appreciate that they constructed the hat separately and then put it on his head.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I noticed this on my first day so I just set it to random every time. It takes up less brain power so I can purely focus on good form!

That’s a really good idea, I’ve completely ignored it. I think I will try it out sooner or later.

Is there a new game +?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I appreciate that they constructed the hat separately and then put it on his head.

Spoilers dude, cmon 🙄🙄🙄

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

hadji murad posted:

There’s a setting in the menus to complete sets even if you defeat the targeted enemy. After each hit at 0 health they revive enough to hit zero on the next hit till you finish the complete set.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Theres also an option to only complete sets that are split into left and right so you're not only exercising one side of your body if they die too quickly, which I enabled

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1289576629463691264?s=19

Has Mario had blue eyes this whole time? Ehh either way those eyes are really creeping me out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

enojy posted:

Has Mario had blue eyes this whole time? Ehh either way those eyes are really creeping me out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How the hell can anybody not get lost for hours in those deep baby blues?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

enojy posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1283398364764274688

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Brb registering a twitter account to comment on all Nintendo eyes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Never realized how well these characters transfer to 3D.

https://twitter.com/mynare/status/1289714184477786113

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think everybody has a 3d version of the characters in their head already because they all had clay models in the players guide

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wow you all were not joking about the dungeons in CrossCode being long and tough.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
Quick question - is there a way to transfer the game library on an SD card to a new system? I finally broke down and bought a second Switch because since acquiring Animal Crossing my wife has pretty much taken ownership of mine. I have a near full 256gb SD card, if I take it out of the old Switch and put it into the new, assuming I'm signed into my account will it detect all the downloaded games? Or will I have to format it and redownload everything? It looks like I can system transfer the save data for everything except Animal Crossing. Ideally I'd just send her save file to the new Switch and be done, but since I can't I want to send everything else as simply as possible without having to redownload everything.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Miles McCloud posted:

Quick question - is there a way to transfer the game library on an SD card to a new system? I finally broke down and bought a second Switch because since acquiring Animal Crossing my wife has pretty much taken ownership of mine. I have a near full 256gb SD card, if I take it out of the old Switch and put it into the new, assuming I'm signed into my account will it detect all the downloaded games? Or will I have to format it and redownload everything? It looks like I can system transfer the save data for everything except Animal Crossing. Ideally I'd just send her save file to the new Switch and be done, but since I can't I want to send everything else as simply as possible without having to redownload everything.

you have to redownload everything

it's super loving stupid

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Miles McCloud posted:

Animal Crossing saves can't be moved, period. For everything else you can just copy the files on a PC, or redownload them on the new card. Save data is stored internally so yeah you'd have to save transfer or use the cloud save function where you can if you have Nintendo Online.

e: actually if you're moving to a new system you probably have to redownload, I imagine the files are system-signed

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In the end reformatting my SD card on a PC seems to have made it work again with the Switch, but I bought a new, bigger card anyway. I'm sure I'll find it use for the current one someday.