Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
CSB has drained the local chandlery of epoxy, Cat still has a boat anchor of a Subaru, and i'm looking at wooden Morris Travellers. We might as well merge with the nautical thread. Welcome to March v6.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Much better OP :D

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CI making memes is like your weird uncle with the car hoarding problem making memes. Oh, wait.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

CI making memes is like your weird uncle with the car hoarding problem making memes. Oh, wait.
I wish that was what my uncle was posting memes about.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

It’s a bad time for uncle memes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Much better OP :D

Very good, but I presume the first is more cause daddy Toyota told them no, like an rear end in a top hat. Like everything missing on that car.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Moving in to my first house (rental) next week. I'm going to have a driveway and a garage, for the first time ever. I want to do all the AI projects.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

I either did something really smart or really loving dumb today.

I went out and bought myself two pretty well used Chevy vans for $700 today.
Will get some pics tomorrow, but gently caress, I'm both very excited and very nervous right now.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

Will get some pics tomorrow, but gently caress, I'm both very excited and very nervous right now.

Exciting!

It looks like I'm going to have to move my shitbox 300zx. It has been at my buddy's mom's place for the past 6 years and he called me earlier today telling me that I have to do something about it. I don't have a place to store it so I'm most likely going to sell it as a parts car. I'll try to post pics in here if I get a chance. Tbh though the mom in question is completely crazy so she'll probably forget about it in a week like she usually does hehe.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

That's alright with me.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

Chevy has a new crate V8 just for you.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Chevy has a new crate V8 just for you.

You're assuming he didn't buy them for the sweet sweet V8s inside.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

You're assuming he didn't buy them for the sweet sweet V8s inside.

Two V8s, one van?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I moved the Miata to my mom's house today and holy poo poo do I miss driving that thing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Alarbus posted:

Two V8s, one van?

TWO VANS ENTER
ONE VAN LEAVES
TWO VANS ENTER
ONE VAN LEAVES

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
cookies.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ExplodingSims posted:

The detailing thread can probably advise you how to get the old candy out the back of them.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

You have to choice of being a man with a van, man with ven or get a friend and be men with ven.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ugh I woke up early to go for a bike ride only to discover my rear tire is perfectly flat. I hadn't really bothered to figure out how to open up the rear brake before now, only that the parts diagram doesn't match what's installed, so here goes nothing!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Safety Dance posted:

Ugh I woke up early to go for a bike ride only to discover my rear tire is perfectly flat. I hadn't really bothered to figure out how to open up the rear brake before now, only that the parts diagram doesn't match what's installed, so here goes nothing!

Cycle bike? Show me, I do bikes.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

Becoming your own boss?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Word.

Post a picture.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Wait, link?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's a Gazelle e-bike. Normal:

(this is the last time I put it away. Looks like the rear is fine)

This morning:

The brakes are Magara HS22s, but they're missing the quick release skewer shown on the parts diagram.

Instead I just removed the screw that goes into the brake boss (#1 on the left, worryingly easy given the amount of locktite on it) and was able to pull the wheel off that way. Worse was the Shimano nexus internally geared hub -- the cable did not want to come off of that, but I got it.

To cut a long story short, I had a spare tube on hand so I replaced it and got everything back together. It was a pinhole leak on the seam of the old tube. Currently shopping for a new spare to replace a Schwalbe no19

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 1, 2020

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Is there still an MX-5 thread? My friend is having some issues with the power windows in his NA, the switches broke and we tried wiring up some new toggle switches but they still don't work.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

bolind posted:

Wait, link?

https://www.instagram.com/awd_brz/

All I could find. Some Aussie put a brz shell on STI running gear and wants to enter it into the WRC

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I saw a car yesterday with the custom license plate ANUSTART lmaooo

i will try to get a picture for you all

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I’m healthy I think, so I’m taking the kids and heading North to the only National Park accessible only by boat. My son was supposed to run a boat on a ~500 mile canoe trip terminating in Churchill, MB this summer, but can’t get into Canada so the whole thing got shut down. This is our consolation prize. Should be good.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That sounds awesome, I want to get the family into a canoe.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

All I could find. Some Aussie put a brz shell on STI running gear and wants to enter it into the WRC

Some Aussies, as in our very own Kaptainballistik and CAT INTERCEPTOR.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Vintage Car Ad Strokeposting

69hp @ Nice

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I lurk here from time to time, but I recently bought an old copy of a MuscleCar Magazine from 2005 and it had this peak Boomer article about lazy Gen X-ers and how disposable income isn't a real thing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

redgubbinz posted:

69hp @ Nice

Worse = visceral :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Safety Dance posted:

It's a Gazelle e-bike. Normal:

(this is the last time I put it away. Looks like the rear is fine)

This morning:

The brakes are Magara HS22s, but they're missing the quick release skewer shown on the parts diagram.

Instead I just removed the screw that goes into the brake boss (#1 on the left, worryingly easy given the amount of locktite on it) and was able to pull the wheel off that way. Worse was the Shimano nexus internally geared hub -- the cable did not want to come off of that, but I got it.

To cut a long story short, I had a spare tube on hand so I replaced it and got everything back together. It was a pinhole leak on the seam of the old tube. Currently shopping for a new spare to replace a Schwalbe no19
Tbh if the tyre is flat, you can usually pinch it in enough to squeeze it past rim brakes without messing with them, just remember if doing that not to reinflate it until after refitting it.

Gave Daihatsu a run, it's stuttering slightly at mid throttle/mid rpm, may just be because the fuel in it is a little old.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I know some of you will think I sound like an idiot, but before I head to YouTube and see...

Tips on replacing bmx 20” tires and tubes? My oldest kid uses my bike from when I was a kid nearly 30 years ago and tires hold air fine but worn down. Walmart finally got 20” tunes and tires in so tonight while it’s raining and they play Minecraft was going to pull it in the living room and put some new shoes on it. Pretty simple or anything to look out for?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Do you have tire levers? For some tight tires, it is almost required.

The basic thing is to get the beads deep into the rim so you have as much slack as possible on the other side. Don't pinch the tube with the tire levers; massage the tube and tire before you fill it completely to ensure no pinches between tire and rim.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tyres are easy to annoying depending on how tight the tyre/rim combo is. I've had some I could do with just my hands, others that required the BIG tyre lever. Tyre levers, a pump and whatever tool you need to pull the wheel out. On a BMX that's either a 15mm or a 19mm if it's a more expensive made for tricks BMX.

Park Tool has a full how-to on their website or they have a range of youtube videos like this one about swapping a tyre:
https://youtu.be/eqR6nlZNeU8

Hardest bit on a BMX is getting the rear wheel straight in the dropouts and the chain tension decent.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
When you unpack the tube, put some air in it - just enough to give it shape - before putting it in the tyre.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh yeah I got it done. I have a small set of tire levers. Once the wheel was off the bike the tire came right off. I got back from an hour long ride and everything feels pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tyres are easy to annoying depending on how tight the tyre/rim combo is. I've had some I could do with just my hands, others that required the BIG tyre lever. Tyre levers, a pump and whatever tool you need to pull the wheel out. On a BMX that's either a 15mm or a 19mm if it's a more expensive made for tricks BMX.

Park Tool has a full how-to on their website or they have a range of youtube videos like this one about swapping a tyre:
https://youtu.be/eqR6nlZNeU8

Hardest bit on a BMX is getting the rear wheel straight in the dropouts and the chain tension decent.

I have no levers made for bikes...I will watch the videos. This set of tires has been on there at least 25 years...I do have plastic wedges/putty scrapers. Will watch videos and see if I should attempt this weekend