Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

You forgot Horizon Zero Dawn is coming out on PC August the 7th and it is my fourth favourite game ever of all time and I will be doing another playthough on PC :D

HZD is going to be another game I bought on PS4, bounced off of and then buy again on PC and will fall in love with. It’s happened so many times and I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Meta Knight has a friend on my shelf now :3:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
New chat thread always means rent is due.

:negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

HZD is going to be another game I bought on PS4, bounced off of and then buy again on PC and will fall in love with. It’s happened so many times and I have no idea why.

Keyboard > Controller

Well at least for some games it is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Having SSD load times and less input lag improves basically any gameplay experience.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

less input lag

The difference that noticable to you?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just beat Carrion.

It was good. Controls were very frustrating at times when trying to grab the exact thing you wanted.
Still a good bit of reverse horror that didn't overstay its welcome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

Mods please add Bowsette to the poll.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

The difference that noticable to you?

It's always super noticeable for me going from playing action games on PC at 60+ framerates to a 30fps console game. Not everything requires that much precision but the more sluggish response time is definitely what I tend to notice first.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That would be a tautology.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

and thus, rule 34 was born

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

drat. I was going to go on paragliding lessons this morning, so I woke up super-early, but just got messaged that the other instructor is ill

now i'm all amped up with nothing to do but weed and video games! not a bad thing, but I wanna play real-life Pilotwings!!! :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ymgve posted:

and thus, rule 34 was born

Thank you Pokemon for inventing spitroasting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

It's always super noticeable for me going from playing action games on PC at 60+ framerates to a 30fps console game. Not everything requires that much precision but the more sluggish response time is definitely what I tend to notice first.

ah thought you meant controller lag

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Infinitum posted:

Wait, how much content does that game have? :psyduck:
It's a successful MMO that's been running longer than FF14 and is quite a bit cheaper to make, so it's had the time and resource to build quite a lot of content.

Chev fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 1, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1289309525883805696?s=20

Doing this one up from last months thread but this is so weird to me. Fans of Beyond Good and Evil are not fans of some pirate open space adventure game. BG&E fans like photographing wildlife and driving hovercraft. Who’s a fan of an unreleased vapor ware title, and are the clamoring for a tv show?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Doing this one up from last months thread but this is so weird to me. Fans of Beyond Good and Evil are not fans of some pirate open space adventure game. BG&E fans like photographing wildlife and driving hovercraft. Who’s a fan of an unreleased vapor ware title, and are the clamoring for a tv show?

The last remaining non-sex crimes ubisoft c suite

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

drat. I was going to go on paragliding lessons this morning, so I woke up super-early, but just got messaged that the other instructor is ill

now i'm all amped up with nothing to do but weed and video games! not a bad thing, but I wanna play real-life Pilotwings!!! :argh:

probably just dont do that during a pandemic doesnt seem vital, doesnt seem a good idea at all. probably just wait maybe just my thoughts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Can't wait to do spec work for this movie.

E: It's gonna be a reverse Ecks vs Sever, where the movie adaptation comes out before the game it's based on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Starting this little indie game everyone raves about. I'm expecting to not enjoy playing it as much as I have enjoyed watching it but I suppose we will see.

I will say right off the bat, I wish I could completely remap my controls.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stux posted:

probably just dont do that during a pandemic doesnt seem vital, doesnt seem a good idea at all. probably just wait maybe just my thoughts.

paragliding seems pretty inherently distant to me????

(hi stux)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres presumably going to be at least one other person somewhere in the area teaching you, probably in person, sounds like more than one even. distancing is just to help its not some foolproof immunity spell theres literally no reason you have to do this right now while everythings going on, but its your life do what you want. but the idea of going out to take some paragliding lessons during all of this is insane to me sorry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You'll also be spreading your own breath as far and as wide as possible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1289224051529904129

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mods set this as my avatar

Do NOT resize it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also like real talk, independent of everything going down at Ubisoft right now

Does anyone give a poo poo about BGE2 anymore? It's been like 6 years.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They would have been better invested in making it a movie. The aesthetic of the trailer ruled and invoked heavy Fifth Element vibes.

Like the scope of the game seems to be inline with Star Citizen, with fully populated worlds.
Except that's just WAAAAYYYYY too much ground to cover other than randomly generating assets, so it has the potentiality of coming out half baked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's also this troubling toad news

https://twitter.com/NintendoMetro/status/1288972201245507587

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like real talk, independent of everything going down at Ubisoft right now

Does anyone give a poo poo about BGE2 anymore? It's been like 6 years.

Given that everything they've said about it bears no resemblance to the original game I think most people have stopped caring. If it was going to be an actual sequel you'd still have plenty of people excited for it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's just an open world game that Pey'j and Jade MIGHT be in and people still aren't sure if it's a prequel or sequel.

Like, I kinda dig the vibe it has, but it's very much not BGE.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The new BG&E was the one with the monkey that kept swearing a bunch right? I remember seeing the trailer and thinking that they were trying way too hard to sound like an adult game with all the cussing, and I say that as someone who swears like a sailor.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why is Mario naked

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Update: After dying several times and going as slow as possible through the previous area, I took the advice of a messenger and rolled into a hole that I couldn't get out of it. But it's okay cause now I look fly as hell

Criticism, the locking on mechanic could be smarter or better or something IMO.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

why is Mario naked

You don't go around your own house naked? Weird.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Toad are obviously smokers, they developed a raspy voice between N64 and GameCube. Just like my grandma between the age of 50 and 65

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Peach and Bowser are a couple in real life, while Mario is just a piece of poo poo loser who stalks them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

Given that everything they've said about it bears no resemblance to the original game I think most people have stopped caring. If it was going to be an actual sequel you'd still have plenty of people excited for it.

Yeah, what they revealed didn’t look like a fully formed idea so once the hype died down it stayed dead. No one has any idea what the game will actually be like, seemingly including Ubisoft

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A spinoff that's all photography mite b cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

just remembered pokemon snap 2