Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

marsisol posted:

Is anyone else having issues trying to sign up for NBC Cycling Gold? Whenever I try to give them my money, they just throw me to a page that wants me to sign up for a reminder for when cycling is back.

Their subscription service renewal is tied to the TdF, so I’m guessing they’ve paused it until there is more certainty that it’s even going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pole-in-middle-of-finish-sparks-sprint-crash-at-gp-kranj/

Pole in the middle of the road 50m from the finish? Why yes thats an excellent position.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

Pole in the middle of the road 50m from the finish?

What's Kwiatkowski doing there in a sprint

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pole-in-middle-of-finish-sparks-sprint-crash-at-gp-kranj/

Pole in the middle of the road 50m from the finish? Why yes thats an excellent position.

From the comments it sounds like it was a finishing circuit so they all knew it was there at least, could maybe have done with pushing the finish line a few hundred metres back though.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Upcoming racing:

Women:
Strade Bianche: Saturday - on FloBikes in US & CAN, Eurosport & GCN RacePass in UK

Men:
Vuelta a Burgos: Tuesday - Saturday - on FloBikes in US & CAN, also maybe streaming here: https://www.vueltaburgos.com/es/emision/
Strade Bianche: Saturday - on FloBikes in US & CAN, Eurosport & GCN RacePass in UK

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What's Kwiatkowski doing there in a sprint

I imagine Sagan was thinking the same thing at Milan San Remo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

I imagine Sagan was thinking the same thing at Milan San Remo

He's got that slow burn 150mi sprint.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
No tour of California next year. Looks like its done for good.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

serious gaylord posted:

No tour of California next year. Looks like its done for good.

Well, the same forces that prevented AToC from being held in 2020 are in play again for 2021. Namely the Tokyo Olympics are going to force the 2021 TdF to run earlier. Also fat chance at the USA having COVID-19 under control by next April/May anyway.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I decided I'm not getting the sports package. Seems like second wave is happening in Europe so I can't imagine more than a few races going on. If I'm wrong I'll just watch them on youtube.

The Tour of California was always a bit strange, they'd have a few cool stages but lots of boring ones too, plus the commentary always sucked. Maybe when America finishes collapsing and California becomes the Federated states of the West Coast along with a few others, a new, better race can develop.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Here, have Remco riding away from Landa and Carapaz like they're loving toddlers.

https://twitter.com/VueltaABurgos/status/1288847809999974407

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I wonder what's the new stuff that he is on

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wait wait wait, hold up - Strade Bianche is TODAY?! What year is it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
0 AC

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Absolutely outraged they havent got every single KM of strada bianchi on tv. Wheres the manager

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
Annemiek just going to win everything this year I guess.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Absolutely outraged they havent got every single KM of strada bianchi on tv. Wheres the manager

You'd think Eurosport and the other broadcasters would be demanding this to prop up add revenue

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

German Eurosport just showed the finish of SB 2018. Now they're on SB 2019. Even though the schedule says the women's race should have been on 10 minutes ago. UNACCEPTABLE

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

You'd think Eurosport and the other broadcasters would be demanding this to prop up add revenue

Hyping up the return of the world tour just to show 90 minutes of cycling

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I didn't see any of the Vuelta a Burgos except that Remco™ won - how do they do finishing straights these days, spectator-wise? Assembling large crowds of shouting Spaniards/Italians sounds pretty unwise.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Eurosport player has crashed 2 minutes into Strada Bianchi

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

All you're missing so far are highlights from 2019, ffs

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Eurosport player has crashed 2 minutes into Strada Bianchi

Glad it’s not just me then

An auspicious start

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Glad it’s not just me then

An auspicious start

Its a Europewide outage according to Twitter lmao.

This happened with the Giro a few years ago too.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh my god, Sagan has a Joker-themed "Why so serious" face mask lmao

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

after all these months out and carlton kirby is still loving obsessed with simon clarke. plus ca change.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Its a Europewide outage according to Twitter lmao.

This happened with the Giro a few years ago too.

I can only assume this is the first time in 8 months anyone has attempted to use it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The GCN player is working, you know the one also owned by Eurosport.

You need to pay for that extra though

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think Fuglsang just called a moto driver an rear end in a top hat lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Anyone with eurosport they've enabled the player logins on eurosports main website and you can watch it via there.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Anyone with eurosport they've enabled the player logins on eurosports main website and you can watch it via there.

I wondered why it wasn't working. Oh well, might just have to watch FA cup build up

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Riding through that dust must be grim

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Schachmann wants a Mr Frosty machine on his bike the amount of crushed ice hes going through.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

peanut- posted:

Riding through that dust must be grim

It is pretty funny that this of all races is what they restart the WT season with. There's gonna be lots of dry coughs later today.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Formolo but I hope he gets brutally dropped so I don't have to see that excuse for an Italian Champs jersey

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im team anyone but Van Avermaet

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Stybar is closing the gap pretty rapidly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Schachmann deciding his proper champs jersey can't remain in the group with Formolo any longer

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Retire already Van Avermaet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Im team anyone but Van Avermaet

Looks like you have your wish