Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

An afterlife that is better than life on earth in every measurable way.

They never got around to addressing that question raised by the show of 'what is the point of Earth, really'.

Without Earth the good place would have no meaning. It is living that defines death. This is like a central idea of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MikeJF posted:

An afterlife that is better than life on earth in every measurable way.

They never got around to addressing that question raised by the show of 'what is the point of Earth, really'.

Reproduction I guess? They never address if new humans could be made in the afterlife and the Janet re-productions when she needed to do it were never quite right.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

They never answered the biggest question:

what happens to people in the afterlife named "Janet?"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ashpanash posted:

They never answered the biggest question:

what happens to people in the afterlife named "Janet?"

The same Autotranslate that let Chidi speak French changes all mentions of Janet to Susan for Janets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
S4 Bloopers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4tAPFboIO8

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I need more MEJ in my life, that man is dreamy.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
He's in The Babysitter's Club on Netflix.

...What? I'm a gay man. Legally, I have to watch anything Alicia Silverstone is in. It's part of the contract we sign

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 26, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1288202917070004225

Well deserved, all of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Very much so. Especially Harper and Carden.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Disappointing news for Megan, I imagine.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Some Strange Flea posted:

At least D'arcy won't have to kill her this time

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think if the show wins, she gets an Emmy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Was not expecting a nom for Harper, but he really earned it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No love for Marc Evan Jackson, this is the Medium place at the best.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Still floored Carden didn't get a nomination for "janets" but glad she and harper got one in on the last season. Both were so, so good (obviously)

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I was not aware that Short Form Series category existed. It's specific enough that I can't imagine its super competitive, and the Selection was just okay. Better Call Saul's probably taking that one.

Imagine if QuiBi can't even win at the category they based their business model on.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

howe_sam posted:

I think if the show wins, she gets an Emmy.

Producers get statues when a series wins. The Emmy website doesn’t have the breakdown of exactly who that is for 2020 but she’s listed as a Co-Executive Producer for the 2019 awards.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Seems like she has disappeared from social media after the criticism over her earlier edgelord tweets came up. Too bad, her tweets and instagram posts were some of the only good internet content.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Now we'll never know if today was the day Donald Trump finally became President :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ishamael posted:

Seems like she has disappeared from social media after the criticism over her earlier edgelord tweets came up. Too bad, her tweets and instagram posts were some of the only good internet content.

i think about this often:

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112?s=20

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

CPColin posted:

Now we'll never know if today was the day Donald Trump finally became President :(

I know, I was really looking forward to the final update (assuming chief dipshit ever vacates the place)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Good Place just won the 2020 Hugo for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form, beating out two eps of Watchmen, the Expanse, Doctor Who, and the Mandalorian. :3:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's a very unusual half hour of American network television

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Ishamael posted:

what edgelord stuff? was she preaching the revolution?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

double nine posted:

what edgelord stuff? was she preaching the revolution?
She made some extremely racist tweets back in 2011-2012, e.g. "It's not politically correct to say "retarded" anymore, you have to call them "Asian-Americans"."

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

She made some extremely racist tweets back in 2011-2012, e.g. "It's not politically correct to say "retarded" anymore, you have to call them "Asian-Americans"."

Oh. Oh gently caress.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, that's really gross.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yeah she apparently started out thinking that racism for edginess sake was funny, I have no idea why she didn’t go back and delete that poo poo once she knew better (I am assuming she learned better because of the large amount of donations she later made to anti-racism organizations later, but who knows for sure).

The whole thing was disappointing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I have like 200 million times more respect for someone leaving their past shite for all to see rather than deleting it, so good on her

Today was the day Megan Amram finally became woke

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pwn posted:

I have like 200 million times more respect for someone leaving their past shite for all to see rather than deleting it, so good on her

Today was the day Megan Amram finally became woke

Yeah, it was kind of like the James Gunn thing all over again. Old stuff that had already been referenced, addressed, and properly apologized for was left up and then when she was tweeting about BLM, a bunch of (probably right wingers) called her out on it. Loads of POC came to her defense though saying exactly this, and that she has given women of color work opportunities which is more important than deleting lovely tweets.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
If everyone on Twitter is going to use everything you have ever tweeted ever as representing your current thoughts and opinions on every topic, I don't understand why everyone doesn't just auto-delete everything older than a few months old. Hell, Twitter should do it, nothing good ever comes out of looking for years-old tweets.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I feel like I can see a glimmer of what the joke in that tweet was supposed to be in a pre-Post-Irony world, at least. Probably a good choice by Megan not to go back and try to explain each joke away, though.

Edit: The middle one in this image holds up, I think:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouSaidWhaaattt/status/1271678191560728581

CPColin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 2, 2020

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:yikeseroo:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So my aunt is visiting and I got her into The Good Place. I'm so glad she likes it and I'm loving her theories. We just finished episode 5.

"This is archangel Michael's first job and he's messing it up, so his supervisor has to show up at some point. Isn't his supervisor...God?"

"I wonder if Tahani's sister gets into the good place."

And she loved the Jason reveal so she's wondering if there are other people who don't belong there :allears:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

okay you've got to keep posting reactions

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

silvergoose posted:

okay you've got to keep posting reactions

Not empty quoting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We got through episode 9 last night and she didn't have much to say about it besides wondering what'll happen with Chidi and Fake Eleanor now that Real Eleanor, Chidi's actual soulmate, is in the picture.

She leaves tomorrow but if the mood strikes her again we ought to be able to finish up season 1 tonight. At least I hope so, because she's going to lose her goddamn mind.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh buddy, if you're only about to finish S1 now, than you are in for one WILD ride...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You should insist on finishing S1 tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vietnamwees posted:

Oh buddy, if you're only about to finish S1 now, than you are in for one WILD ride...

It's their aunt that is only about to finish s1, not them.