Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
It’s August now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Fake news.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s August now.

Hey Shim I still feel really bad that you didn't get part two of your Christmas present.

It was an official Slavic Crime Yacht shirt, some cool NZ books, some of my home prepared jerky, and a few snacks and beers from NZ

I'm picking maybe the jerky got picked up and the box confiscated maybe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I still don't know how they're going to stop tiktok

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am honored to be a part of this august thread.

:razz:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Wasabi the J posted:

I still don't know how they're going to stop tiktok
Best bet is to just wait a year until the teens migrate to the next flash-in-the-pan social media app.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cugel the Clever posted:

Biden is going to win, but it'll turn out that all the concerns about his fitness for office were well-founded and the folks around him had just been knowingly driving him forward to further their own careers. Meanwhile, the much-hyped GOP civil war will be a wet fart with the ultra-fascist wing winning immediately. Then they'll hypocritically blame Biden and the Dems for both the recession and continuing pandemic and the goldfish-minded public will eat it up.

Prove me wrong, 2021 :colbert:

:corrupt:
:wmwink:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

poo poo, it's still March.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

poo poo, it's still March.

300 days has November April June and September. I think that's how that rhyme about the length of months goes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh god, we're hosed

https://twitter.com/erikssondan/status/1289506495319560194

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
This is the point in the plague movie where they realize its spread despite the closed border, but in this case the plague is stupidity.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Remember thirty years ago in January when Trump became one of the few ever presidents to be impeached and nothing came of it because lol Republicans? Man that was so long ago the details are hard to remember.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Welcome to the second wave Duzzy.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It's all just so stupid. Like, gently caress. How?

I'm not sure I can ever enjoy another movie where humanity comes together and defeats a greater foe to the tune of a triumphal John Williams score.

Imagine Independence Day, but with Republicans saying "well the aliens are only blowing up blue cities, and these fighter planes are so expensive." Meanwhile Hannity is on the TV in the background saying "What alien spaceships? Just looks like regular clouds to me - and more leftist scaremongering" and Joe Boomer cries out "OWNED, LIBS" as he dies in a firestorm.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
"These Antifa are talking about using a virus to take down the aliens, but they also claim a pandemic is going on, that a virus is decimating our great country; which is it, Antifa? Huh, George Soros? Is a virus going to help us, or is it fake news that you're all using to discredit our great president Trump?"

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Watching Contagion and realizing that film severely underestimated how stupid people can be is depressing.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

welcome to the party pally

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Laughing Zealot posted:

Watching Contagion and realizing that film severely underestimated how stupid people can be is depressing.

Every single day I read something that's What The gently caress Stupid. Has the world always been so self destructive?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Apparently one of Biden's top VP options is either a cultist or at least willing to pile praise upon the cult:
https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1289325268918661122?s=19

Now I've never actually heard of this person, much less associated with the VP pick, but she was apparently spotted with the campaign so could be a final contender. Whether scientologists were a part of her constituency or not, they're a dangerous loving cult and this should be immediately disqualifying.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
How great would it be if George Soros just tweeted “go time.” or something like that?

gently caress it, burn it all down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FrozenVent posted:

How great would it be if George Soros just tweeted “go time.” or something like that?

gently caress it, burn it all down.

This is what that floridian Twitter "hack" idiot should have done.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Does Soros even have a Twitter? I just get the checks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Does Soros even have a Twitter? I just get the checks.

You still get checks? I thought he switched us all over to suitcases of cocaine a couple of years ago.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Conservatism is the real plague, these people have been on the wrong side of history for literally all of human history.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://www.corona-per-capita.com/states?pgid=kcgoe084-842ab626-ca36-4fa2-b311-6f12736b8869

This is amazing...lets show cases by county in iowa...per million residents

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Y'all got some reading to do.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1289574333459783680?s=19

quote:

She found herself taken with the ostensible meritocracy, she said, that allowed a “little Asian girl” to rise so long as she could shoot straight, even as one fellow cadet, Bryan Bowlsbey, tested her nerves.

“He made a comment that I thought was derogatory about the role of women in the Army,” she told C-SPAN years later. “But he came over and apologized very nicely and then helped me clean my M16.”

They have been married since 1993. Mr. Bowlsbey now works as an information technology consultant.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1289385727180935168?s=20

Picking up real strong “And I would have gotten away with it were it not for you meddling kids” vibes from Big Wet President after the Tik Tok Teens ruined his Big Important Rally.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just don't read the replies. Actually don't read any Twitter replies

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Eh. The replies got me to that former aide's take:

https://twitter.com/ssavett/status/1289574558341558274?s=20

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

That aide is in a challenging situation though. How do you ice back a sitting senator?

ps:
dear nsa wizard: 'ice' refers to the aforementioned game only.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Apparently one of Biden's top VP options is either a cultist or at least willing to pile praise upon the cult:
https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1289325268918661122?s=19

Now I've never actually heard of this person, much less associated with the VP pick, but she was apparently spotted with the campaign so could be a final contender. Whether scientologists were a part of her constituency or not, they're a dangerous loving cult and this should be immediately disqualifying.

Use The Google, Luke.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Uhh, is there a specific tidbit of info you want to get across? I wasn't exactly asking the thread who she is.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

Eh. The replies got me to that former aide's take:

https://twitter.com/ssavett/status/1289574558341558274?s=20

She'd make a good VP

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

orange juche posted:

She'd make a good VP

Trump wouldn't miss an opportunity to crow about her disability while :smugdon:ing every chance he got, too. Sure, it'd play for the 35-40% who would vote for him even if they were on fire and he was dousing them with gasoline, but it'll alienate just as many.

It'd be painful to hear all the loving pundits being armchair OSHA planners, though. :smith:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/thepointsguy/status/1289327960676118528?s=19

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
They should do anti-masker only cruises.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1289643819558830081?s=20

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'd be painful to hear all the loving pundits being armchair OSHA planners, though. :smith:

Plus all the FDR New Deal poo poo that they’d inevitably haul up. Still worth it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Trump wouldn't miss an opportunity to crow about her disability while :smugdon:ing every chance he got, too. Sure, it'd play for the 35-40% who would vote for him even if they were on fire and he was dousing them with gasoline, but it'll alienate just as many.

Nah, surely Trump insulting and disparaging a service member for their injuries would cross the line for Republicans, there's no way anybody would support him after... wait, hold on, I'm getting a call from 2016... oh, it's just endless, incoherent screaming. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Laughing Zealot posted:

Reading that they never even considered a partisan split because it was too loving dumb was pretty :stare:

Hell compared to reality even the Forsythia plot line is nothing