Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

how does shinjuku FACE work? i used the stairs in korakuen but as far as i could tell the elevator was the only way to the correct floor in shinjuku

Still taking the elevator. The elevator ban is only a Korakuen thing and not a general ban on the use of elevators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
TNA has had nearly every major NJPW star come through there at one time or another.

And has misused nearly all of them. Tana looked good here though.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

NJC USA should be a decent time, guess I need to finally catch up with Lion’s Break

Too bad about Chase being in it though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

are you implying Chase is NOT on the case??

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

extradite THIS! posted:

NJC USA should be a decent time, guess I need to finally catch up with Lion’s Break

Too bad about Chase being in it though.

I haven't gotten around to watching yet (with the announcement of Strong, I think a binge is in order), but from what I've heard, the US side of NJPW is really loving good right now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

He’s definitely not on the case and I would love it if I never had to think about him again.

Edit: maybe you aren’t aware but he was outed as a giant rear end in a top hat and creep in Speaking Out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1289426126532558848

Freakin' finally. My god, thank you, give some juice to these Korakuens.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol at the bullet club team

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hope Ibushi and Tanahashi are happy to be working with Master Wato.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Time to put the first of many belts on the The Way To The Grandmaster Wato, baby

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i cannot believe that master wato is going to be the one to bring peace and resolution to the troubled team of kota ibushi and hiroshi tanahashi.

but i should have.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’ve said it before but seriously, this is something they should’ve been doing all along and should be doing with the trios titles all the time going forwards. Use trios championship matches to beef up Road To-tier shows which will mostly consist of multimans anyway. I know it’s ”only” the trios titles but poo poo, I’m sure people would be excited to see them wherever, be it Korakuen or rear end-End of Nowhere, Hokkaido.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

God, if we get the entire Suzuki-gun roster making the finals I will be so very happy.

This might even be YH's best chance to win a title, though most likely this'll be a way to get Evil's title onto Sanada and keep it in LIJ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

looking at the brackets closer...i wonder if we're gonna get a shingo/suzuki feud following this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Summer Struggle night 5 (8/6)
Nagata vs Kidd
Wato and Tenzan vs Tsuji and Taguchi
Kojima, Honma and Makabe vs YOSHIHASHI, Ishii and Goto
Uemura, Kota and Tana vs Kanemaru, ZSJ and Taichi
SHO, Yano and Okada vs Jado, Gedo and Yujiro in a NEVER trios title tournament 1st-round match
BUSHI, SANADA and Shingo vs DOUKI, Desperado and Suzuki in a NEVER trios title tournament 1st-round match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's disgusting to have to choose between the SZKG/SZKG final and supporting Master Wato

JOHN CENA posted:

looking at the brackets closer...i wonder if we're gonna get a shingo/suzuki feud following this

This is what I thought after Suzuki's promo and Shingo's current story of being disappointed by the scrubs being given to him in the tag matches.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thus begins the ascent of MASTER WATO.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Imagine if Yujiro pins Okada.

btw all of the themes being on spotify has taught me one very important thing and that is that Bushi's theme slaps.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 1, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh wow

here's a GEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_jqFlUIVN4&t=340s

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 1, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ElDesperado5/status/1289449217379823617?s=19

Desperado wants to challenge Jun Kasai if he gets KOPW2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

well poo poo, it's gonna be hard for me to want any other result now

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah, Deathmatch Despy is the poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very kind of Master Wato to carry that broken down scrub Tanahashi to a title belt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XctiymN-BY&t=98s

:smith:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Get back up Tana!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Ibushi in Suzuki-gun would be interesting

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m sorry I’m finally going to ask is DOUKI really pronounced Dookie? I hate it if so

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m sorry I’m finally going to ask is DOUKI really pronounced Dookie? I hate it if so

dough key

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh thank God they are doing this. Never have I been overjoyed for some 6 Man title action

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's like Low-Ki

e: I forget to mention but in MiSu's backstage interview he says he's already picked out his next target and that man doesn't even know Suzuki is coming for him so we're definitely getting Suzuki/Shingo at Jingu

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 1, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

thank god thank you

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Golden Way to the AceMaster

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Yujiro/Gedo/Jado the worst trios team in wrestling history

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Only if their match with Chaos lasts long enough for Jado to tag in.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

i just tweeted that gedo's arguably the best wrestler on it, or at least he prob could be if he actually wanted to put forth the effort

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its not even arguable its objective

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

manabu nakanishi/strongman/yuji nagata

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Summer Struggle 2020
August 6th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yuji Nagata vs. Gabriel Kidd
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Master Wato vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Yota Tsuji
GBH and Satoshi Kojima vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)
Golden☆Ace and Yuya Uemura vs. Suzuki-gun (Dangerous Tekkers and Kanemaru)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro, Jado, and Gedo)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, and DOUKI)

Summer Struggle 2020
August 7th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:Golden☆Ace and Master Wato vs. Suzuki-gun(Dangerous Tekkers and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:GBH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)
rest of card tba

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I have to imagine CMLL has had a team with a more immobile wrestler than Jado at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I have to imagine CMLL has had a team with a more immobile wrestler than Jado at some point

Not quite but you reminded me of this AAA classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q75c7Lq1fcs