Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Who the hell is hyped for preseason? Finally, we're gonna get some semblance of football!

...wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

At least we don't have to care about CTE anymore when Covid can give permanent respiratory damage. I fully expect the NFL to look at what MLB is doing and going "nah, we must be the most stupid and incompetent sports league"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1289527567142154241?s=20

Views:
Good for him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1289546145367089158

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

A smart man

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MLB may shut down as early as Monday.

I used to think the NFL would drat the torpedoes and force at least one or two weeks but there's a whole month left until they open and I can't see the situation getting any better between now and then lol.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

MLB may shut down as early as Monday.

I used to think the NFL would drat the torpedoes and force at least one or two weeks but there's a whole month left until they open and I can't see the situation getting any better between now and then lol.

Hard to imagine they can make it through a whole season, but I think as long as they are able to avoid an entire team from getting sick in training camp, they'll force their way to at least try to start.

Of course, keeping teams healthy through training camp could end up being a pretty steep ask.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I think it'll take games getting cancelled for them to call it off. I'm 100% certain they'll try.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tarbrush posted:

I think it'll take games getting cancelled for them to call it off. I'm 100% certain they'll try.

i still think we'll get two weeks before someone like the browns has over 80% of the team infected and then another team refuses to play them and that'll be that

or they'll cancel inter-conference games, push the start back a month, and just play 12 games thinking a month from now everything will be fine.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Who cares? NHL playoffs start tonight, and they aren't idiot bitches

Clowntonio 6ix9ine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If anyone is ruthless enough to cut a player for sitting out because of a plague decimating the country, it's Belichick

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lol, you trimmed off the last digit of the threadid in your link and are sending folks with archives to a random old fyad thread

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Might as well send this thread to the archives too

Because the season ain’t happening you see

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We'll just have to find topics that are always relevant.

gently caress the Cowboys.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
let's do away with all teams and just have the NFL vs. Tom Brady. 10 games in 10 days, every night its Tom Brady and a different supporting cast v. a different team. Tom Brady plays every loving night. the super bowl is that Tom Brady is destroyed and released to the skies in azure vapors. maybe another game will be played too, but the country will be thoroughly entertained, tom brady destroyed, and soon after.....a vaccine

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

20 Blunts posted:

let's do away with all teams and just have the NFL vs. Tom Brady. 10 games in 10 days, every night its Tom Brady and a different supporting cast v. a different team. Tom Brady plays every loving night. the super bowl is that Tom Brady is destroyed and released to the skies in azure vapors. maybe another game will be played too, but the country will be thoroughly entertained, tom brady destroyed, and soon after.....a vaccine

covid is the plague from oedipus but instead of the king banging his mom its caused by tom brady existing

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

covid is the plague from oedipus but instead of the king banging his mom its caused by tom brady existing

actually Tom Brady is the plague

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1289599693773631489?s=19

there you go Ross

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I am uncomfortable

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Finally, a new thread, now I can stop making Antonio Brown rhymes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JT Jag posted:

Personally I dont think you should quit, but instead go at them harder and faster

Antonio Doubledown

Edit:
love my handsome football man and his sidekick, the giant football oaf
https://twitter.com/KeianaMartinTV/status/1289609011721940992

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 1, 2020

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Spoeank posted:

Personally I dont think you should quit, but instead go at them harder and faster

Antonio Doubledown
You're right, if I keep at it I might gain some Antonio Renown

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It really sucks we'll likely be deprived of a proper season. Just so wacky seeing this, Brady in TB, Cam in NE, and Flacco in NY.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

JT Jag posted:

You're right, if I keep at it I might gain some Antonio Renown

Think it’s safe to say you already wear the Antonio Crown.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/bytimgraham/status/1289599456522862592?s=21

This is an angle I hadn't considered before. Teams that are out of contention are going to have even less reason to play than usual.

Assuming the season isn't shuttered before October, we're just going to have like a host of teams either filled with players opting out or with those disinclined to take social distancing measures as seriously.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We think the NFL is gonna sacrifice lives for games, I can't wait to see what the SEC does

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

JT Jag posted:

Be like Antonio. You think The Man would keep Antonio Down?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mr. Fix It posted:

lol, you trimmed off the last digit of the threadid in your link and are sending folks with archives to a random old fyad thread

I actually love that because it's going to piss someone off

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

We think the NFL is gonna sacrifice lives for games, I can't wait to see what the SEC does

Well here's a preview if you haven't seen it already. From a call between players and administrators.

quote:

“We’re going to have positive cases on every single team in the SEC. That’s a given. And we can’t prevent it.”

quote:

Players...raised similar concerns, with one player asking: “For so much unknown in the air right now, is it worth having a football season without certainty?”

Sankey, who earned a $2.5 million salary in 2018, responded: “Part of our work is to bring as much certainty in the midst of this really strange time as we can so you can play football in the most healthy way possible, with the understanding there aren’t any guarantees in life."

Whole article is worth a read, everything is impressively slimy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1289623671523295234

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

D-LINK posted:

Who cares? NHL playoffs start tonight, and they aren't idiot bitches

Clowntonio 6ix9ine

Its with a heavy heart I am going to have to start finally watching hockey.

Cover has done what 20 years of 3 months of no MLB no NFL couldnt.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I wanna imagine he had his first conversation with Adam Gase and decided Covid was a good excuse.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1289625898270863362

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lol.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In fairness, if I was a mid career vet in the middle of a contract I would absolutely be opting out to get a chance to heal up while keeping a guaranteed job

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I think the biggest blow to the defense is the entire NFL becoming alcoholics because there is no season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bad-am Gase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Juggernaut posted:

I think the biggest blow to the defense is the entire NFL becoming alcoholics because there is no season.

So many players are coming back loving fat. I can’t wait.