Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I’m mostly disappointed in Panarin no showing so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

eXXon posted:

The Rags deserve no more #1 picks.

I did enjoy Smith getting repeatedly ragdolled in the first period and MStaal with the perfect deflection just now.

I don’t think they’ve ever had a #1 pick

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did the Canes ever do anything about their local broadcast team for the playoffs? Last I heard, they'd let Forslund go, which is ironic seeing as he's doing their game for NBC.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

this is like the good ol Ranger playoff games of the last decade, Hank playing well and the team playing like dick

So how deep is he going to drag them kicking and screaming this year?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

Are all the board ads gonna be changed in between games? Because these seem very America specific.

Yes. I'd expect them to stop that and standardize them when the official playoffs start.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I would suggest that a good way for the Rangers to improve would be to stop employing all their lovely defencemen.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

How many penalties has Howden taken this game

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

I’m mostly disappointed in Panarin no showing so far

Kreider has been invisible too

If this is how the rangers are going to play, I think I’d rather just take the shot at 1OA rather than grinding out lucky wins in the qualifier round only to probably get swept in round 1

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Levitate posted:

I don’t think they’ve ever had a #1 pick

Sorry, that was intended as a stealth Jack Hughes :iceburn:.

I'm glad that Gardiner doesn't look completely dreadful (yet).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Marc Staal with two goals this afternoon.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

eXXon posted:

Sorry, that was intended as a stealth Jack Hughes :iceburn:.

I'm glad that Gardiner doesn't look completely dreadful (yet).

Yeah one plus is that Kakko has looked good after the break

And I guess that penalty was on DeAngelo

Also lol shorty by Staal what the gently caress

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Whoa

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Hell yeah Staalsy

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

grassy gnoll posted:

Marc Staal with two goals this afternoon.

Damnit, beaten.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

God why do they have to make it close just so I can be disappointed when they lose 4-2

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

We got a game!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

*pops hood of rangers capfriendly*

*taps wrench on Brendan Smith and Marc Staal*

Now see there's your problem. I could swap them out for you but it's gonna cost ya.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

I'll take a shot at 1st OA. Lot of dead weight on this team. Staal and Smith especially.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Kreider has been invisible too

If this is how the rangers are going to play, I think I’d rather just take the shot at 1OA rather than grinding out lucky wins in the qualifier round only to probably get swept in round 1

Another thing to look at it is picks 9 and 10 are in play, so you have 3 shots at a top 10 pick, which isn't a bad consolation prize for being bounced from the quasi-playoffs.

E- That whistle seemed quick.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The gently caress is Mrazek on about?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did the Canes ever do anything about their local broadcast team for the playoffs? Last I heard, they'd let Forslund go, which is ironic seeing as he's doing their game for NBC.

So how deep is he going to drag them kicking and screaming this year?

They’ve got Mike Maniscalco doing pbp along with Tripp. He’s no Forslund obv but is doing a decent job.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol that was the worst pulling of the goalie possibly I’ve ever seen

THe rangers wasted a full 30 seconds “setting up” and getting the extra man on the ice

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Rangers got some bad d-men, but their forwards weren't helping either. No forecheck, Canes dominated the neutral zone.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Bunk posted:

They’ve got Mike Maniscalco doing pbp along with Tripp. He’s no Forslund obv but is doing a decent job.

Carolina's loss is going to be somebody's gain, be it a local team or the national audience.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Rangers got some bad d-men, but their forwards weren't helping either. No forecheck, Canes dominated the neutral zone.

I mean yeah Carolina is the far deeper team. Neutralize Panarin like they did today and this is gonna be a quick series.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

grassy gnoll posted:

The gently caress is Mrazek on about?

He moved the puck to the corner as fast as he could but the ref blew the play dead anyway and gave NYR a final o-zone faceoff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So, next up is (checks notes) Blackhawks/Oilers. Meh.

ThinkTank posted:

I mean yeah Carolina is the far deeper team. Neutralize Panarin like they did today and this is gonna be a quick series.

Yep. Bread causes teams to focus on him, which frees up other potential weapons to score, but it doesn't work if he's not able to make hay.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Really excited for Blackhawks/Oilers.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

FBS posted:

He moved the puck to the corner as fast as he could but the ref blew the play dead anyway and gave NYR a final o-zone faceoff.

Ehh. I can kinda see it, but that wasn't even top 10 bad calls this game.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I'm so happy to be watching hockey right now

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
SOON

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
and holy poo poo is elliotte friedman's beard just fantastic

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

Carolina's loss is going to be somebody's gain, be it a local team or the national audience.

Yeah, I knew he'd leave for a full-time national spot or something eventually, but I would have guessed it would be his choice rather than getting lowballed by management. Tom Dundon is full of surprises, though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ah, 3 is really 3:20 or so.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

Ehh. I can kinda see it, but that wasn't even top 10 bad calls this game.

True. Yet goalies lose their poo poo in that situation pretty much 100% of the time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RKM17/status/1289620964720795648

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Both of these teams are bad defensively, so this should be fun to watch

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Hoping for lots of Chelsea Dagger today... Continuously... On loop.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If the Oilers lose to this Hawks team they deserve to be relegated.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

eric trump must be loving this

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Make the tweet again.

@EricT

(HE'S DUMB)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PLAY HOCKEY.