Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

just remembered pokemon snap 2

Ooh poo poo, thank you for the reminder. Will absolutely be buying this at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'll wait for pokemon snip instead, the trauma center clone where you give pokemon vascetomies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oddium posted:

Someone should post the video of the graphic designer having an aneurysm over the logo.
(Cause I'm in bed and am lazy)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heh, goons :smug:

This thread: “why would anyone care about a sequel to this PS2-era cult classic”
Also this thread: “can’t wait to purchase the sequel to this N64-era cult classic”

Hehehe :smug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What PS2 game are we talking about? I am all for classics from that era being re-released as remasters. Many of those games can no longer be played by people because copies cant be obtained, and for most people getting a PS2 working on a modern day TV is a lot of confusing work.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
New plank for my Gamer President platform:

No more difficulty names. Easy/Normal/Hard? GONE! Only numbers now. "What difficulty did you play on?", you ask. "Oh me? I just played on 1" makes people feel better than "I had to play on very easy"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

This thread: “why would anyone care about a sequel to this PS2-era cult classic”
Also this thread: “can’t wait to purchase the sequel to this N64-era cult classic”

Yeah Pokemon Snap 2 is going to rule

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

one of those games actually looks like a sequel, though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In the future all games will have a hidden adaptive difficulty and a real-time web browser widget that tracks whenever you complain about easy modes and immediately replies with "you died on this part 29 times and we lowered the difficulty to widdle tiny baby"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

In the future all games will have a hidden adaptive difficulty and a real-time web browser widget that tracks whenever you complain about easy modes and immediately replies with "you died on this part 29 times and we lowered the difficulty to widdle tiny baby"
you sure owned whatever gamer you just imagined up

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Does anyone give a poo poo about BGE2 anymore? It's been like 6 years.

People gave a poo poo about it precisely up until the moment that Ubisoft announced it as a real product.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm not really asking about the concept of BGE2, I know people would care about that. I mean BGE2 as it exists or barely exists now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder if Pokémon snap would actually count as a cult classic, “fondly remembered” might not be passionate enough

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

stealing Thinky Thinky Panic to describe my general state of anxiety

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not really asking about the concept of BGE2, I know people would care about that. I mean BGE2 as it exists or barely exists now.

Then no.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Beat the Cleric Beast, first Souls boss down for me :toot:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

You don't go around your own house naked? Weird.

why is Mario naked when he is not Holding Court

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Beat the Cleric Beast, first Souls boss down for me :toot:

Grays! Didn’t seem to take you long at all :)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

BG&E2 as it exists right now is a CGI trailer, a tech demo, and a fan exploitation controversy, so no, no one cares about it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've never died in a video game, it seems embarrassing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you do for fights you have to lose to progress?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's august thread because everyone is playing A Gust game right now

except me, who played most of halo 3 and didn't really enjoy it because it seems like the halo games are just bad. the guns are bad, the music is repetitive, the movement is slow, the characters and story are completely uninteresting, only the vehicles are fun

so basically it's exactly what i remember of playing through the first 2 games when i was a teen

it says a lot that i next played the first hour of wolfenstein youngblood, a game generally panned, and had way more fun (also the protags are very good)

i dont get how bungie suddenly became good at guns with destiny, because the guns in destiny are good despite the everything else

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

What do you do for fights you have to lose to progress?

I just win them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do fights where you get the boss's health to zero but then are dealt a setback in the ensuing cutscene count as a loss

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes, you have to skip those cutscenes to maintain your perfect record

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jay Rust posted:

Grays! Didn’t seem to take you long at all :)

Don't worry I had a hell of a time with everything else before him.

haveblue posted:

Do fights where you get the boss's health to zero but then are dealt a setback in the ensuing cutscene count as a loss

It's a loss for the game studio if they make a boss fight where you're supposed to lose, but if the player managed to win, nothing happens (look up when happens if you beat the Khan at the beginning of Ghosts of Tsushima)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

Pokemon snap 2 the polls

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the Dissidia 012 tutorial the moogle asks you if you're already a dissidia expert and if you say yes he makes you fight the superboss (level 130 feral chaos) as level 1 Lightning

you can win but the tutorial acts like you lost :mad:

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Thread convinced me, gonna buy Origami King on my way home today. TBH seeing the soul music bit really just gave me a sensation of happiness that games haven't done in a long time for me.

Just hope that Target has it in stock!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

The 7th Guest posted:

it's august thread because everyone is playing A Gust game right now

Well, that makes my Toxx that I'd finish Atelier: Ayesha by the end of August more fitting.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

theyre making ttyd 2???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

My game will lie and always say that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

think i'm going to try Furi again, never bothered to play past stage 3

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

My game will lie and always say that

A horror game where the difficulty randomly spikes up to some hopeless level and suddenly becomes piss easy after some unspecified number of attempts, so you can never tell if you're actually improving.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

"Ah, jeez. I don't want to make enemies, everyone's point of view is valid, I hear you both. How about we open a school *for* the child slaves?"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i made all of the nice choices in fable 3 and tjen grinded out the money or w/e it had you do to get a good ending still. that game had a lot of problems and i dont remember much about it in general

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder if Pokémon snap would actually count as a cult classic, “fondly remembered” might not be passionate enough
It was popular upon release. I think it would be hard to attach that to anything Pokémon related

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there are some weird rear end spinoffs that might reach cult status. like pokemon channel, was probably not a huge success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hey you pikachu