Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

been replaying Mischief Makers lately and thinking if this came out in 2020 it'd be a huge indie hit. game was just enough ahead of its time to guarantee it would be forgotten in the era it came out, which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

hey you pikachu

*leans into n64 mic* electric rat electric rat electric rat

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

hey you pikachu

It has to be liked by someone to qualify as a cult classic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gas Coin down. That fight was stressful as gently caress. Took me a bunch of tries to beat him. I made liberal use of the music box and almost died for it several times in the final attempt. The tombstones can go to hell.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Furi isn't the kind of game I could ever play because it'd be too difficult for me but I'm not gonna lie, while it looks cool and impressive, I kinda wish I never looked at a playthrough of it because the game was just really depressing :(

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

stev posted:

Given that everything they've said about it bears no resemblance to the original game I think most people have stopped caring. If it was going to be an actual sequel you'd still have plenty of people excited for it.

What's interesting is it actually bears a lot of resemblance to the original original game, ie back in early previews BGE1 was already gonna have a whole explorable solar system with russian doll vehicles and what we got was what they eventually had to settle with at the time, so once BGE2 became a project that exists mostly to keep Ancel at Ubi it makes sense they let him shoot for another try at the original design.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

DLC Inc posted:

been replaying Mischief Makers lately and thinking if this came out in 2020 it'd be a huge indie hit. game was just enough ahead of its time to guarantee it would be forgotten in the era it came out, which is a shame.

It’d be nice if the people left at Treasure cared about anything in their back catalogue that isn’t named Ikaruga or Gunstar. A modern release of Mischief Makers would do great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mischief Makers is up there in the running for best 2D platformer. For me personally it might claim the top spot

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://store.steampowered.com/app/830370/Monster_Crown/

Gonna give this game a try this month, I've been turning on a ton of Pokemon challenge runs while I sleep and it makes me want to play a video game but not actually any of the Pokemon games. The storyline seems to be "What if Team Rocket used their Pokemon to actually be scary and threatening" so I'm willing to give it a shot for trying something a little different

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
me, personally, give me an HD remaster of Einhander please and thank you very much in advance

please, square

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Mischief Makers is up there in the running for best 2D platformer. For me personally it might claim the top spot

making a level like "Clanball Land" you can "beat" in just 20 seconds by walking to the exit, but didn't really beat until you used your brain to find the Gold Gem, def was poo poo on mercilessly by everybody in 1997

also it's a game where the primary way to fight is to grab things, or counter them with a grab, effectively making Mischief Makers dependent on parrying, it is the first darksouls of platformers

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

also it's a game where the primary way to fight is to grab things, or counter them with a grab, effectively making Mischief Makers dependent on parrying, it is the first darksouls of platformers

MM came first so I think you mean that Dark Souls is the Mischief Makers of Souls-like games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

postmodifier posted:

me, personally, give me an HD remaster of Einhander please and thank you very much in advance

please, square

i'll take a second copy while they're doing it personally for you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hd remake of einhander, but they use the einhinder model from ff14 which is just a bird holding a gun

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It still really cracks me up that there's a whole Einhander boss fight in Kingdom Hearts 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp5BTG0ccIk

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I would have loved to listen in on the meeting where someone looked at Kingdom Hearts and said "Listen, it's really good and I love it. But it needs..............a rail shooting section. No. A LOT of rail shooting sections."

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
And that man was Tetsuya Nomura

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

hatty posted:

And that man was Tetsuya Nomura

Is he also the one who wrote the new parts of FF7 Remake

I feel like I only ever see his name whenever someone mentions something incredibly bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nomura wasn't the main writer of 7R, he was the director. The writer was the writer of the original and also 7R was good.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Nomura wasn't the main writer of 7R, he was the director. The writer was the writer of the original and also 7R was good.

Im waiting for it to do the thing where it goes on sale for 20$ like all PS4 games do within 6 months of release, but I had the weird ending twist spoiled for me and I laughed out loud when I heard it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
7R is good, the 'twist' is both very silly and very good also

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Relax Or DIE posted:

7R is good, the 'twist' is both very silly and very good also

When I saw what they were doing with the battle system I figured they were gonna go in a different direction than the original games, which I was totally fine with. I also think FF7 had some of the weird issues 90s JRPGs have where the minute-by-minute events feel really stream-of-consciousness and make no sense (for example, anything to do with Cait Sith) that would get ironed out just through the process of modern development. Square has also always seemed eager to get a redo on the Aerith thing, what with constantly bringing her back in the expanded universe for conversations with Cloud that never happened or flashbacks of scenes between the two we never saw in FF7. But, there was always going to be the problem of how to appease the fans who wanted this to just be a retelling of FF7 that sticks to the script, I just didn't think they would address the issue so literally

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gently caress Ubisoft.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I'm having some trouble understanding GeForce Now.
I have a Shield TV. I also have a gaming PC with steam and all the nvidia software poo poo on it. I can stream steam games or my whole desktop to my shield via various apps. If i use the GeForce Now app, the Shield launches big picture on my computer and then I'm supposed to navigate to the game I said I wanted to play in the shield's game stream interface. If I try to launch a different game, it tells me to go to the game that I selected on the shield. This is loving stupid but this isn't even my problem.

I am a recently canceled paying member of GeForce Now (my subscription deactivates later this month).
As of like two days ago, GeForce Now has a steam library sync feature.
Awesome, I thought. That must mean that if I own the license on steam, and the game is on GeForce Now, I can stream the game from nvidia's servers via the Shield, and I don't have to gently caress around with in-home streaming. Except there's no way to sync your steam library to the shield's GeForce Now app, as far as I can tell. I downloaded the GFN app for PC and synced my steam library to that, but it's the same computer so what's the loving point?

WHAT'S THE loving POINT? Am I missing something? This loving thing isn't even a particularly good in-home streaming app. Is there even a reason to pay for this app if you already have steam?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
fam, I did it

I'm knee deep in ff14 now and completely loving it, A++ free trial, bought the whole collection the second I hit 35

This is my second time doing this, first one didn't click but playing on a preferred server is a whole different experience and I am -in-

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

welcome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fart store posted:

I'm having some trouble understanding GeForce Now.

I am having regrets buying the Nvidia Shield Pro. It is not doing what I want at all. Not all Steam games can be streamed to your Nvidia Shield, and anything outside of Steam doesn't work at all from what I can tell. The Nvidia controller is also required for anything that your Xbox One controller doesn't work with over Nvidia Shield blue tooth connection. It's so frustrating the lack of consistent support and not being able to tell what is and isn't going to work correctly. There is also very little support.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/830370/Monster_Crown/

Gonna give this game a try this month, I've been turning on a ton of Pokemon challenge runs while I sleep and it makes me want to play a video game but not actually any of the Pokemon games. The storyline seems to be "What if Team Rocket used their Pokemon to actually be scary and threatening" so I'm willing to give it a shot for trying something a little different

always thought pokemon would be cooler with murder threats in this is freaking EPIC!!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean people do nuzlocke runs and poo poo, this isn't too different from that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is he also the one who wrote the new parts of FF7 Remake

I feel like I only ever see his name whenever someone mentions something incredibly bad

I'm thinking about the time he saw the les mis film and loved it so much that he tried to get ff15 redone as a musical.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unless recent games dramatically changed something in the mechanics, the idea of trying to contort pokemon into a hard game seems like absurd brand fixation overriding making decisions to produce an actual fun but tricky game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I mean people do nuzlocke runs and poo poo, this isn't too different from that

lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh laffo, its one of these

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chain wallet pokemon with a big fireball patch on the back pocket, NOT for BABIES

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A pikachu but with a teardrop face tattoo and swears on its neck

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nm i think thats the joker this is probably really good actually, like the film

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Finally, a Pokemon game with a mature storyline that caters to adults like myself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would have loved to listen in on the meeting where someone looked at Kingdom Hearts and said "Listen, it's really good and I love it. But it needs..............a rail shooting section. No. A LOT of rail shooting sections."

Few video games wouldn't be improved by the addition of a rail shooting section

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh you meant the writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009