Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Numero6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUtLq9SH-xM

I am laughing too much at his INTENSE~! drawing.

His gimmick is that he's a sick and twisted guy but he also draws caricatures by the boardwalk? I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JT Smiley posted:

His gimmick is that he's a sick and twisted guy but he also draws caricatures by the boardwalk? I don't get it.

something something insight into his twisted mind something

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Someone backstage at NXT found out he had a side-gig as a caricature artist at Universal Studios when he worked at TNA and thought it'd be funny

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 1, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

When I think intense character I think someone who does cartoons while the Stranger Things theme plays.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Imagining a remake of fire walk with me starring only wwe wrestlers

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Imagining a remake of fire walk with me starring only wwe wrestlers

Vince is Leland for sure.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bray Wyatt is Forrest Caysen.

BW in the coffee.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm shocked we never got a Game of Thrones gimmick tbh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do these people watch literally any other media outside of WWE

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Rarity posted:

Give it another five years. Never forget how Vince had no idea what Paul Burchill was doing and thought by pirate gimmick he meant PCO.

Incidentally sign Paul Burchill to AEW and gice him a PCO gimmick then feud with Eddie Kingston.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Chikara did a Game of Thrones themed King Of Trios in 2017.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Give it another five years. Never forget how Vince had no idea what Paul Burchill was doing and thought by pirate gimmick he meant PCO.

Incidentally sign Paul Burchill to AEW and gice him a PCO gimmick then feud with Eddie Kingston.

Vince loves Game of Thrones and Rollins did a GOT themed entrance at Wrestlemania a couple of years ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
WWE is hardly alone in taking ideas for gimmicks from film and TV. Like half the heels in Memphis were probably inspired by Lawler catching late night movies. The Road Warriors is essentially a Mad Max gimmick, and when he broke in, Sid was Lord Humongous. Raven took the idea for his character by tweaking the Bodhi character from Point Break. And so on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sid wasn't even the first Lord Humongous. Then there's been several Jasons from Friday the 13th, the most successful one being Jason the Terrible in Stampede. FMW had a couple of Leatherfaces, and Memphis had Nightmare Freddy.

And who could forget Outback Jack, the WWF Crocodile Dundee ripoff, right down to several vignettes copying scenes from the movie.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

uh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rarity posted:

Baron Corbin tried to do a King of the North gimmick, but I think that was after Game of Thrones was at their absolute worst and nobody cared.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE stories either end shittily or not at all, so it could be argued they inspired the whole last season of Thrones

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE stories either end shittily or not at all, so it could be argued they inspired the whole last season of Thrones
Really D&D would be perfect WWE bookers because they follow Vince's philosophy of "Got bored and offered more money" then destroy their own content.

I guess the difference maker is that despite all logic, Vince is still actually making money while D&D managed to get fired from that Star Wars project they flushed GoT over.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i remember wwe was trying to get "kingslayer" over as a nickname for someone on the roster at some point. rollins?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

i remember wwe was trying to get "kingslayer" over as a nickname for someone on the roster at some point. rollins?

Yeah, after he beat HHH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thauros posted:

It was Rollins after he defeated the King of Kings Jesus Christ Triple H.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

I mean they already got the "woman getting assaulted for no point other than to further another man's storyline" part down

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I did not know that Lumis has been doing this dumbass "Dexter" gimmick for at least 6 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICUnCsEAuM

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I did not know that Lumis has been doing this dumbass "Dexter" gimmick for at least 6 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICUnCsEAuM
I think Lumis is amusing in an ironic way, he's funny to me in a way I don't think NXT intends him to be but yeah this dude has been cosplaying Dexter most of his career.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not always. Before that he was a generic CAW from 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcDNl3Yiqgw

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
dexter sucked rear end as a show and somehow sucks even more as a wrestler

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The John Lithgow season was pretty good (mostly due to Lithgow) but everything after was hot garbage

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The best part of this is that I'm pretty sure that Shaw has wanted the caricature artist thing to be part of the gimmick the whole time. Like when I interviewed him for an FSM article, he said that one of the things that really appealed to him about the Impact serial killer gimmick was that Impact was interested in incorporating his artwork.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it was there in the original Shaw/Dexter package in TNA. I don't want to defend WWE or anything because they're the ones saying "this is a great idea and definitely one of the guys we should be pushing strongest of our roster." But you can't blame this on their writers. This is 100% the wrestler's vision.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it was there in the original Shaw/Dexter package in TNA. I don't want to defend WWE or anything because they're the ones saying "this is a great idea and definitely one of the guys we should be pushing strongest of our roster." But you can't blame this on their writers. This is 100% the wrestler's vision.

But this is the first time in 19 years they've listened to the wrestler's vision!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dacap posted:

The John Lithgow season was pretty good (mostly due to Lithgow) but everything after was hot garbage

The first two seasons were pretty good, but I think a lot of that was because the show was still new and we thought that maybe Dexter would, in fact, get caught?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MassRafTer posted:

But this is the first time in 19 years they've listened to the wrestler's vision!

he's still in nxt, when he gets called up vince will finally have the chance to improve a wrestler

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

The first two seasons were pretty good, but I think a lot of that was because the show was still new and we thought that maybe Dexter would, in fact, get caught?

I was familiar with the books and waiting for it to be revealed that the "dark passenger" was a literal demon and for all the cult stuff to happen. It never did.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

davidbix posted:

The best part of this is that I'm pretty sure that Shaw has wanted the caricature artist thing to be part of the gimmick the whole time. Like when I interviewed him for an FSM article, he said that one of the things that really appealed to him about the Impact serial killer gimmick was that Impact was interested in incorporating his artwork.

Honestly, if they didn't go with the serial killer gimmick and leaned into "This guy is a caricature artist and you'd think he's a wimp but he's not" they'd get a lot more mileage out of him. I mean, they could easily do "Hey Shaw, what are you drawing?" and he reveals that it's a cartoon of him beating the poo poo out of an unflattering portrayal of the guy that's asking, leading to a match.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The first season when they leaned into a lot of “here is how I pretend to be a regular person when actually I am a soulless murder robot” was interesting and then in season two they gave him feelings and made him basically a regular person who kills people and I checked out.

I guess what I’m saying is they should make him some kind of robot.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Corbin’s right arm looks really funny here.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, they could easily do "Hey Shaw, what are you drawing?" and he reveals that it's a cartoon of him beating the poo poo out of an unflattering portrayal of the guy that's asking, leading to a match.

Sounds thrilling

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Go ahead and tell me that it would be worse than what they're doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/benjamiller/status/1289941539876028416