Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

very good tennocon, tons of good stuff coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

give me alchemist

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tallgeese posted:

What powers do you think they'll let you take from each frame?

I think Saryn's is Toxic Lash.

I would imagine Hildryn's would almost have to be Pillage, since balefire and Aegis Storm are kind of her "thing" and haven on everyone would be insane

I wonder if it's going to be the same abilities currently used for Ability Kinesis

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Good to see Warframe is never letting go of the "what the hell is going on?" player experience

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

necrobobsledder posted:

Good to see Warframe is never letting go of the "what the hell is going on?" player experience

New Player Experience is also shipping with Deimos, which will help a lot but I can't imagine it'll be enough lol

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
NPE room they showed seemed like it was the continuation to The Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsbL8lFHrZI

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am so, SO happy about that TennoCon. I am all about the Infested aesthetic and this whole update is my bag. I cannot stop smiling.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I didn’t get a screenshot of it but if you were in the tennocon relay near the end of the stream they did something that put all the players into a little dance animation all at once, and if you brought your kubrow into the relay, it... also did the dance. Just, the same animations applied to the kubrow model.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Somebody in clanchat said basically that it seemed as though they were showing us what they were giving us and not what they hoped to give us and that feels 100% dead-on. I can't wait to try all this poo poo out.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

necrobobsledder posted:

Yeah.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wonder what 'the Sanctuary' on Rebb's star chart was.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
This tennocon was really good and I'm interested in basically everything they announced. Good poo poo.

Helminth will finally force me to farm more frames. Last time I actually farmed non-Prime frames was in 2013 so I'm a bit behind.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Pipski posted:

Wonder what 'the Sanctuary' on Rebb's star chart was.

That's a known thing, DE have direct starchart links to the Sanctuary for testing purposes on debug builds. We don't get them because ???

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

august 25th?????????

good lord is de insane

this kind of poo poo is why i enjoy warframe

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Is the Helminth'ed ability a 5th one or does it replace an ability native to the frame you're adding it to?

Yeah, good Tennocon. Big change from last one: revealing cool new game stuff releasing in 3 weeks and as a rushed release at the end of the year.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it replaces an ability, but it's not permanent or anything; you can select equipment sets and toggle if they have an helminth'd ability or not

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm kind of speechless, august 25th is so soon

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Farm the derelict while you can

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Farm the derelict while you can
Is there anything in there specifically worth farming?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pierson posted:

Is there anything in there specifically worth farming?

Corrupted mods and a semi-reliable source of cat DNA.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Corrupted mods and a semi-reliable source of cat DNA.

I'm sure they have a plan for the Corrupted mods after the switch. I can't imagine they're dropping them or have overlooked them.

They might be easier to farm after the update. No derelict keys needed, at least.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
There's Orokin stuff underground, that's probably where they'll be found.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289708478269775873

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

it replaces an ability, but it's not permanent or anything; you can select equipment sets and toggle if they have an helminth'd ability or not
Oh that's neat, I didn't realise it was toggle-able and must have missed that bit. I was under the impression it was permanent.

Molt was a given for Saryn.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's pretty neat, honestly. relatively iconic abilities that provide good utility and don't need other ones from the kit to do well.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Wait, if Nezha's is Fire Walker, does that give us Max Damage On Demand Mirage?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Regen Molt Nidus will never die.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

NOW THIS IS K-DRIVING

excuse me, the correct phraes is now slaydrive!

they previewed shooting/melee on hoverboards

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://www.warframe.com/news/delve-into-heart-of-deimos
Official summary

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Flipswitch posted:

Regen Molt Nidus will never die.
Depending upon how abilities replace which slot I'm not sure if I'd give up the spinning ball of tentacles for that slot. We'll have to see exactly how it works... and break it in half.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Babe Magnet posted:

It looked to me like it's semi-permanent, by which I mean: when you install the Helminth ability, you choose a) one of your abilities to replace with the new ability and b) which equipment sets install the Helminth ability and which ignore it and keep your old ability, but once you've made that decision, you can't continue to hotswap whether a particular equipment set has the new or the old ability. There was a button to uninstall a Helminth ability which presumably gives you back your old ability, but it wasn't shown whether this would cost Helminth Snack Points to do or whether you would have to spend the Snack Points all over again to reinstall the Helminth ability after uninstalling it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I assume you can replace your choice of one ability since doing otherwise would be awful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well. firewalker on gauss. because you always need more sprint speed!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289703597597495297
https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289706682281537537
https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289712750172631040
https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289711616783552513
https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1289711114016698369

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol, imagine farming simaris just to get lovely dragon breath

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Imagine farming Harrow again.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Imagine farming ash again.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Feeling super good about having not chucked any of my non-primes into the thresher, before the Sacrifice quest was teased I assumed we'd need to throw frames into a furnace for it and got wicked paranoid about keeping all of them

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I was asleep during the actual announcement, and you all failed to mention that your guide to the zone is the loving mayor of Halloween Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1289728874461327362
nice