Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which forum is better
This poll is closed.
GBS 1375 49.66%
FYAD 1394 50.34%
Total: 2769 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Now that FYAD is rightfully back, let's discuss which forum is actually better. In my opinion FYAD, where I normally post, has a much better "signal to noise ratio" in terms of funny posts compared to white noise. I think every single memorable thread and post which I look back on fondly has been in FYAD. It's also interesting to note that former goons who have gone onto Twitter notoriety such as @dril posted exclusively in FYAD, which suggests that FYAD is more conducive to being funny. That's not to say GBS is without it's good qualities; there have been some interesting and high-quality threads but it has failed to reach the giddying heights of FYAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Wizard Master posted:

Now that FYAD is rightfully back, let's discuss which forum is actually better. In my opinion FYAD, where I normally post, has a much better "signal to noise ratio" in terms of funny posts compared to white noise. I think every single memorable thread and post which I look back on fondly has been in FYAD. It's also interesting to note that former goons who have gone onto Twitter notoriety such as @dril posted exclusively in FYAD, which suggests that FYAD is more conducive to being funny. That's not to say GBS is without it's good qualities; there have been some interesting and high-quality threads but it has failed to reach the giddying heights of FYAD.

your gay

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wizard Master posted:

Dont take credit for @dril.

You're all unwavering anime defenders.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Inline goatse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 2, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
W
I
Z
A
R
D

M
A
S
T
E
R

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Previously I would have said that for sure GBS is but ever since they moved all the posts about food people will give you while you're sitting in your car to their own subforum I'm not so sure.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GBS is better because we have bigger wieners and also we dont have to use the n word in every post.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
BYOB is the best, close thread

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
No Goku option?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i will always post sincerely for wizard master, as i am a wizard and respect the elders of my culture.

though both are a land of contrasts, gbs culture is much worse than fyad imo. gbs posters are careful to avoid the magic words that get a person punished, but we all remember what happened when they were told that they wouldn't be punished for them anymore. and the true nature of a community doesn't make itself apparent on a skim-read, it only shows itself gradually, over time. fyad has spikes of hosed-up activity that rightfully get hammered by the rest of the forums. gbs has a slow burn of hosed-up attitudes and unchallenged bigotry that isn't as immediately noticeable and that most of its userbase has become so accustomed to that they no longer see it as unusual or requiring any kind of examination.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, you have to post the same thread in FYAD to get a less skewed sampling.

Otherwise, I must assume you're not taking your research seriously.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
the most intensely and consistentaly (sp?) funny forum is Pet Island

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
FYAD's bit is everyone is posting like they're a loving obnoxious 12 year old, right?

Maybe I just don't get it but I think I'd much rather listen to the relaxing sounds of Xbox live, Call of Duty.

GBS is genuinely obnoxious, which lends SOME room for posting in earnest.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

gary oldmans diary posted:

W
 I
   Z
     A
       R
         D

M
       A
     S
   T
 E
R

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sex Skeleton posted:

No Goku option?

God bless them for not putting it.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sex Skeleton posted:

No Goku option?

It would bias the poll. GOKU is a GBS and BYOB icon.

FYAD prefers newer and inferior anime.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Someone in GBS told me to gently caress off because I posted a picture of some birds that were in my yard. I think that if FYAD told me to gently caress off it would be for different reasons and with a less bizarrely angry energy to it.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Someone in GBS told me to gently caress off because I posted a picture of some birds that were in my yard. I think that if FYAD told me to gently caress off it would be for different reasons and with a less bizarrely angry energy to it.

Post the birds. I want to see the birds.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

what kind of hosed up monster tells someone to gently caress off for posting birds

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Post the birds. I want to see the birds.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Whoa.

Yeah, those are good birds. Those birds belong here in GBS. If anything, they're a bit too good for us.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Sex Skeleton posted:

No Goku option?

this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sex Skeleton posted:

No Goku option?

I for one am voting this thread a 1 out of 5 OP.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*extremely gbs voice* gently caress OFF SHITLORD

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Chewbecca posted:

BYOB is the best, close thread

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
ausgbs loves c birds and c words

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
GBS is only missing a proper Canadian idiot king to take us to new dizzying heights of white noise posting

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hello old fiend

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

FYAD sucks and had always sucked. GBS only intermittently sucks

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Wizard Master posted:

@dril is profoundly unfunny poo poo and also poo poo on their own.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Previously I would have said that for sure GBS is but ever since they moved all the posts about food people will give you while you're sitting in your car to their own subforum I'm not so sure.

is that where the tacobell thread went? WTF FREE TACOBELL THREAD

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The one where you don't post, OP.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Neither.

I have my own forum it's no big deal it's just super cool and all. I see it on the weekends.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Big Beef City posted:

Neither.

I have my own forum it's no big deal it's just super cool and all. I see it on the weekends.

BBC forums are definitely the best

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Neither.

Sometimes I go to a mega secret and exclusive forum* and make amazing, super funny posts that only I get to see.

*WordPad

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Those arent even birds

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Okay they are birds but theyre loving racist

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bizarrely angry energy

this is pretty common in 2020 gibbis

gbs is like that quiet kid in elementary school with a really bad homelife, and most of the time he's funny or at least normal but you never know what's going to set him off

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I can't remember the last time I read FYAD, it was a lot of years ago, but I've been reading it since it came back and I can say so far it is much better than GBS in terms of the posting in it.

It's a bunch of happy people having fun with their friends, telling each other jokes making each other laugh, so it's become crystal clear why it was so viciously hatefully maligned by so many goons.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

i think this here proves gbs is funny af