Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/OutofVTubers/status/1289709442699649025?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think the vtuber software has figured out how to convey despair yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No pizza today, but I did make homestyle oven-roasted fries which were amazing

Cut a potato into matchsticks, soak in water in the refrigerator half a hour. Chop basil, rosemary, and garlic and cook them in one tablespoon olive oil on medium-low to infuse, three minutes. Filter the oil and reserve aromatics. Drain potatoes and parboil in 3 cups water 1 tablespoon vinegar 10 minutes, thoroughly dry. Toss the potatoes in the infused oil and black pepper. Roast potatoes in a baking pan in a single layer, 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip and continue roasting another 10 minutes, then turn and roast another 10 minutes. Toss with reserved aromatics and salt to taste.

I barely put a pinch of salt on them and they tasted magnificent. Ate it with mixed greens and a bunless cheeseburger (which I cooked medium-rare pre-emptive rip)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Today was burg day for me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CubeTheory posted:

Today was burg day for me

Lookin' good

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think the vtuber software has figured out how to convey despair yet

She says “tadaima” or “I’m home” at the end, which is a pretty well-timed gag. :allears:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Come home to find my roommate had ordered pizza from Pizza Hut :3:

Poutine pizza... anyone want to see it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

post poutine pizza

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Looks like your roommate really liked it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I had pizza today. It was alfredo with green onion, bacon, and tomato. Was good. Went the whole hog and got wings with it, too.

So I’ve been hooked on Ghost of Tsushima, which went from being a nothing on my radar to the most fun I’ve had with an open world game since maybe BotW or Read Dead 2. It’s currently neck and neck with TLoU 2 for goty and certainty favorite PS4 exclusive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

With all this cooking I bought a chef's knife that's actually sharp instead of using the same Ikea one I got for college 15 years ago... it's like I've entered a whole new reality of slicing

man nurse posted:

I had pizza today. It was alfredo with green onion, bacon, and tomato. Was good. Went the whole hog and got wings with it, too.

This was basically what I was planning for my next pizza later this week... I don't have tomatoes on hand so I was I thinking of putting roasted brussels sprouts halves

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also had pizza today, except it was a DiGiorno and for some reason it gave me heartburn. Not enough heartburn to not get a few more pieces though...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Still chugging along in Hyper Light Drifter, beat the West region after doing the East and even managed to find all eight fragments there in one go. I bought the Reflect Dash but can't figure out the timing, do I just dash into an enemy shot right before it hits me?

Jay Rust posted:

I haven't had Pizza Hut in years but I have zero shame in loving up some large chain pizza. It's usually Domino's though, just based on availability.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

surprised at how much i'm enjoying The Old Republic, i guess bioware did at least make one good game this past decade even if it's the only good one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

surprised at how much i'm enjoying The Old Republic, i guess bioware did at least make one good game this past decade even if it's the only good one

The game is free to play right? Is there a thing for former paid subs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The game is free to play right? Is there a thing for former paid subs
I have no idea about the latter, but yeah it's F2P

it seems like the primary ways they wanted to punish free players was to push stuff off, or maybe it's all endgame poo poo, idk. but it hasn't really affected me. like sprint doesn't unlock until level 10, but i'm already at level 12 after just over 3 hours of playing (speeder is lvl 20 instead of 10.. and fast travel to fleet is disabled, but you do have quick travel)

actually to this point it's been a bit easy... the thing i keep thinking is "why is this an MMO", because you even get an AI companion ala most Bioware games. i'm sure there's interesting PVP content (not interested) or raids or w/e, but the main campaigns seem extremely soloable and that's all i care about. i haven't bothered doing any side stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the pvp is cool because its arena football, but they call it huttball

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know if they made it permanent but I did all 8 classes up to the main story cap when they had an event that basically completely marginalized all sidequests and allowed you to stay on level simply by doing the main story and class stories

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah i've stayed on level from just doing main story content. of course there's also a shitload of enemies everywhere outside of story instance areas so even when you're just doing the main campaign, you're still grinding a little bit

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

The "I'm back" at the end just fuckin' slays me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pouring one out for Wilford Brimley :rip:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I liked in SWOTOR that field quests were just kind of done if you popped by, you didn't necessarily have to go back and forth to talk to someone about it first. You did sometimes though, which was super dumb if you had to go to a whole other planet to do it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I wonder if my character and account are still around... I wouldn't want to start all the way from the beginning but I think I would probably need to start from Knights of the Fallen Empire to remind myself what the hell the story is about lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I kindly request that a mod change the thread poll to be about what everyone's favorite Wilford Brimley film is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

the Brimley/Cocoon Line account is good

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine/status/1273955888748003328

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i ate leftovers from olive garden today

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

paralyzed with indecision

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Pouring one out for Wilford Brimley :rip:

Pouring a second out for that 'stache

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

paralyzed with indecision

Take a walk. Think things through. Your shep can stare ahead forever, if that’s what it takes

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Did ME3 really look that bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It turned out the decision was toothless lol but also like it was only toothless because of decisions I made earlier so I only mind a little bit

That was a hella intense moment though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Smol posted:

Did ME3 really look that bad

Search your feelings, you know them to be true.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The steam screenshot applied some compression I think. It looks better in game than that screenshot

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Codeacious posted:

The "I'm back" at the end just fuckin' slays me

The full scene is even funnier because directly before this clip started, she was trying to read the English sign and was like "DO NOT RIDE SNAKE...is it telling me I should go down? Do not? Should I go down?"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The 7th Guest posted:

Some of the classes have good old school(ish) bioware storylines. I'd recommend it without hesitation to BW fans if they weren't stretched out over the length of an MMO. Maybe it's better now, but before you'd have to waste so much time trudging through the bland mediocre content in between story updates.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

KotOR2 was my first real WRPG and I think the biggest difference between Western games that take a lot of character-building influence from DnD and JRPGs is the way stats work. In JRPGs you and your enemies basically never miss and the game just kind of gives you the stats you need to keep on-par with enemies so long as your level is high enough, but in KotOR I had to save/reload fights all the time because I had funneled all my points into STR and couldn't land a hit to save my loving life

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

KotOR2 was my first real WRPG and I think the biggest difference between Western games that take a lot of character-building influence from DnD and JRPGs is the way stats work. In JRPGs you and your enemies basically never miss and the game just kind of gives you the stats you need to keep on-par with enemies so long as your level is high enough, but in KotOR I had to save/reload fights all the time because I had funneled all my points into STR and couldn't land a hit to save my loving life

Well, Kotor is straight up a conversion of a d20 Star Wars rpg by Wizards of the Coast, which was based on D&D 3.0 so it's less influence and more "direct rule spinoff"

STR increases your hit chance with lightsabers and other melee attacks so I doubt that was the cause you missing a lot though.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 2, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Some of the classes have good old school(ish) bioware storylines. I'd recommend it without hesitation to BW fans if they weren't stretched out over the length of an MMO. Maybe it's better now, but before you'd have to waste so much time trudging through the bland mediocre content in between story updates.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, they rebalanced it so you can literally only do main story quests and keep on level. When I did it, it was a limited event, but now that they're two expansions deep I would think they would have made it permanent at least for the base game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Like I mentioned in a previous post, they rebalanced it so you can literally only do main story quests and keep on level. When I did it, it was a limited event, but now that they're two expansions deep I would think they would have made it permanent at least for the base game

For non subs too? I know F2P used to get a big XP penalty.