Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

No, no. He's saying the opposite.

Watching overtime playoff hockey will make your heart feel like you're on a motorcycle airdrop on coke.

I figured, but I'm also literal minded/autistic brained so I figured I'd ask.

The game was one giant adrenaline pump. It was insane. I didn't know sports could make me feel like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hey the Rangers looked pretty poo poo and I'm not expecting anything but I will say the one thing I liked in the game was Kakko being very good. He was the lone bright spot for me.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

gently caress
da
broons

e: kmao edmonton

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Is overtime that unpopular?

You didn't feel it when you watched the Devils Rangers Matteau game I linked you? Cmon now :)

Welcome aboard RAS!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1289666906429853696?s=19

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Matt Zerella posted:

You didn't feel it when you watched the Devils Rangers Matteau game I linked you? Cmon now :)

Welcome aboard RAS!

No I loved it!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, the upside of this embarrassing Oilers loss is it means they're one step closer to getting Alexis Lafreniere.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Can he play defense too?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/1289677941018734593?s=20

Extremely happy for my small son. Also very proud to see Filipino representation in the league double, I’ve got the hat from his draft year and I’ll be wearing it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kilza posted:

Well, the upside of this embarrassing Oilers loss is it means they're one step closer to getting Alexis Lafreniere.

lmao if we go through the hellscape that is 2020 and the one constant is Edmonton winning the NHL draft lottery

...:smith: it's gonna happen isn't it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stop the presses...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The one thing missing from Edmonton's roster is a well regarded first overall pick. Can't wait to see what they do with one.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I got day drunk and yelled at hockey players in front of my kids today. But like my enormous tattoo says, "Only God Can Juge Me."

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Cartoon Man posted:

Stop the presses...

Somehow that makes him look more like a thumb.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I just realized, are there special overtime rules? They can't have infinite overtimes if they're booking three games a day per rink.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I just realized, are there special overtime rules? They can't have infinite overtimes if they're booking three games a day per rink.
There are infinite overtimes until there's a winner. Don't know how it works out but I guess they have a lot of built in schedule flexibility. The top 4 round robin will just have regular season overtime.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ThinkTank posted:

It's great when it's two teams you don't care about. When it's your own team it's all the enjoyment of suffering a giant anxiety attack every eight seconds for a technically endless stretch of time.

I've been to 8 playoff games and I believe three of them have gone to overtime (the MAF game in 2014, the game where Werenski took the puck to the face, one against the Caps). The one against the Capitals went to double overtime and by the start of the second overtime, I was drained and just wanted someone to win.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Spring Break My Heart posted:

There are infinite overtimes until there's a winner. Don't know how it works out but I guess they have a lot of built in schedule flexibility. The top 4 round robin will just have regular season overtime.

I hope the first game of a day goes to five overtimes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've been to 8 playoff games and I believe three of them have gone to overtime (the MAF game in 2014, the game where Werenski took the puck to the face, one against the Caps). The one against the Capitals went to double overtime and by the start of the second overtime, I was drained and just wanted someone to win.

I went to the Canucks/Stars 4 OT game back in 07. When it was over people cheered for like five seconds then raced for the exits faster than if they'd been blown out 7-1. Everyone was just physically and emotionally drained afterwards.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
They must have extra people driving Zamboni. I wonder if Dave Ayers is in the bubble

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It might gently caress with the TV schedules but it's not like the arenas have anything else to do if they just push things out.

Sportsnet/Rogers would surely just bump whatever the gently caress they have planned, NBC might dump a game to a different channel.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Pens/habs going to OT for those into that.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Ugh. That doesn't look like a one-game injury to Scheifele :(

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1289755253529645058

Looked like Matthew Tkachuk's skate might have cut his achilles. Jesus. gently caress Tkachuk, get that piece of poo poo out of the league.

e: https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1289758013931130882
https://twitter.com/TheReplayGuy/status/1289756153631580160

Really hard to believe that's accidental. Tkachuk is the new Matt Cooke.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 2, 2020

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hockey is great.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

grassy gnoll posted:

Hockey is great.

it sucks rear end actually

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

The 23rd and 24th seeds won today.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Get me that #1 pick Uncle Gary

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

myron cope posted:

Nah, they're going to rig it for Minnesota so people stop accusing them of rigging it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:yooge: COLLUSION. CROOKED LEAGUE.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pittsburgh and Edmonton being one game closer to possibly drafting Lafreniere sends chills down my spine

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

myron cope posted:

I slapped the envelope in the freezer already.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Wait jack Johnson was on the fuckin ice again for that ot goal are you fuckin kidding me

Forget Murray v Jarry just get any other defenseman out there

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

myron cope posted:

Wait jack Johnson was on the fuckin ice again for that ot goal are you fuckin kidding me

Forget Murray v Jarry just get any other defenseman out there

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/1289795480252108800

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Can someone photoshop Kevin Bieksa's hair onto Elliot Friedman's head

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Playoff hockey is definitely back because people are debating if something was intentional or not.

As for me. It looked like his skate simply bounced off the ice a bit. Didn’t look intentional given how fast it was all happening.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1289799668671496194?s=20

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I don't personally think it was intentional, I don't like Tchachuk, but it looks like his skate kind of bounces around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
is Tkachuk's role anything more than to be a huge oval office and to try and provoke people into fighting him and eating five minutes?

is this a recognised strategy in hockey or is this purely a Tkachuk thing?