Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think Alex Caruso is pretty good for a guy who looks like a high school teacher and is on a league minimum imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

He should shave his head

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
RIP

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I like Lowry's turban

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Raptors still good, still deep.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kyle with that big butt energy

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I like Kyle Lowery

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

He should shave his head

there are numerous lakers that need to shave their head

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

There's like a 30% chance the Bucks are frauds so there's a real chance they make it out of the east. From there....anything is possible baby

I definitely think the Raptors are the only team besides the Clippers that have chance of stopping Giannis this year. It’s not a great chance but it is there.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Everything is budget for poor Sportsnet in the bubble even their post game interviews. Sucks that ESPN is the only network who gets to have people doing interviews actually there.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Le Saboteur posted:

Everything is budget for poor Sportsnet in the bubble even their post game interviews. Sucks that ESPN is the only network who gets to have people doing interviews actually there.

Hope TSN is better prepared

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The issue with beating the Bucks is that they had like 7 40%+ 3pt shooters without the backdrop. With the backdrop and no home court advantage, they’ll need to miss a ton of 3s 4/7 games to lose a series and I just don’t see that happening.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

The issue with beating the Bucks is that they had like 7 40%+ 3pt shooters without the backdrop. With the backdrop and no home court advantage, they’ll need to miss a ton of 3s 4/7 games to lose a series and I just don’t see that happening.

Yeah it is pretty much this. I really am only allowing the possibility that these really good defensive teams that can also hit threes and be physical can maybe muck up 4 games.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Bucks should be the favorite to win it all. Raptors have the best chance to knock them off.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Maneck posted:

Bucks should be the favorite to win it all. Raptors have the best chance to knock them off.

East finals will be fun

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Maneck posted:

Wasn't that about how it was last year too?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Seems like the Clippers are tailor made to challenge that. Kawhi, PG13, and Beverly on the perimeter is a good start, I don't know what they'd do with Giannis.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Seems like the Clippers are tailor made to challenge that. Kawhi, PG13, and Beverly on the perimeter is a good start, I don't know what they'd do with Giannis.

Some might call that a hole in the plan. It's also not clear what they're going to do with AD.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Maneck posted:

Some might call that a hole in the plan. It's also not clear what they're going to do with AD.

The Lakers have 3 bigs that outclass Zubac and 2 that would most certainly challenge Giannis. Do they have enough perimeter defense? I like Caruso, but I’m a homer. Does Waiters play defense?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

The Lakers have 3 bigs that outclass Zubac and 2 that would most certainly challenge Giannis. Do they have enough perimeter defense? I like Caruso, but I’m a homer. Does Waiters play defense?

:lol:

He does not

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Le Saboteur posted:

Wasn't that about how it was last year too?

Yeah it was weird. The Bucks haven't beaten the Raptors in the same "LeBron owns the Raptors in the playoffs" era.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

In truth the Lakers have a lot of problems that make them getting out of the first round less than a lock, let alone making it to the finals. But basically the lack of shooting really makes the Lakers chances against the Bucks dire.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
If Danny Green would start making shots again, we'd probably be fine

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Agreed.

It felt like the Lakers started the game trying to get Danny going which unfortunately spotted the Raptors 12 points.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

LeBron not really shooting thus far has been weird and stopping him from getting his normal off the dribble stuff as easily

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Rick posted:

Agreed.

It felt like the Lakers started the game trying to get Danny going which unfortunately spotted the Raptors 12 points.

They also tried to get Markief Morris going for like 3 or 4 3 point attempts in a row. Also failed.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
stop using this low court side camera angle it’s loving awful

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I love basketball but putting so many Brooklyn games when no other games are on is really stretching that love.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bump_fn posted:

no

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Let us go out this evening for pleasure. The night is still young.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

bump_fn posted:

I'm not even sure what the purpose of it is when the ball is on the other side of the court, save for trying to decapitate Luka Doncic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Veryslightlymad posted:

Let us go out this evening for pleasure. The night is still young.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chainsaw Man made me really sad today so let's see if we can't get a Grizzlies win to perk me back up. Go Grizz!

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019
I can’t believe I ever used to enjoy JVG commentary

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tatum about to give a very good data point for Hair Theory

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Get your poo poo together, Portland