Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

There is that, but I'd say they're different enough in tone and structure that it should work.

I'm lucky though, because my palate cleanser after TLOU2 is Ghost of Tsushima, and it's working perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

It wouldn’t work so well as a palate cleanser given the zombies

The zombies are the good guys in TLOU2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

It wouldn’t work so well as a palate cleanser given the zombies

they're called freakers

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Guys I think GoT might be my game of the year so far. TLoU 2 was a strong contender but this is some really enjoyable game here

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

GoT is so relaxing and stress free. I can leisurely finish a waypoint objective whenever I want. I'm only at Act 2 but so far The Ghost of Yarikawa was my favorite mission. What an epic battle.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Days Gone sure liked to fade to black huh.

Feels a bit amateur hour compared to TLOU2 tbh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDVyFQq1dI

Jesus christ!!!

edit: Well, I hope he doesn't drop something cool :v:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 2, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Days Gone sure liked to fade to black huh.

Feels a bit amateur hour compared to TLOU2 tbh

That’s cos it is

(note: I’m still playing and enjoying it at the minute)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Miyazaki already collaborated with Swery when they butchered bloodborne's framerate

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Macaluso posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDVyFQq1dI

Jesus christ!!!

edit: Well, I hope he doesn't drop something cool :v:

Quit and reload. The loot will be at the top of the tower again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I genuinely feel like skipping every major open world game for the last 5 years since the Witcher except for Spider-Man finally paid off in big dividends with Sushi Ghost. Because i went in with absolutely zero fatigue, big chunks of the game that other people obviously came in burnt out on didn't effect me.

Imhotep posted:

Same, I was like, you’re not actually going to make me push square, but of course you have to and if you don’t do anything you get a game over. like drat the lack of subtlety

This is obviously a callback to the scalpel in the first game giving lots of people the same squicky feeling.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ok on your all’s recommendation I bought bloodborne’s DLC The Old Hunt. I’ve gotten about 200 feet into the new area and noped out back to the lecture hall to continue the main story. The enemies are insane! They seem easy to repeatedly gun parry but they do not gently caress around. At all.

It’s exceedingly beautiful though. I feel like even the anti-aliasing (my biggest complaint) is better, or the lighting engine and textures are higher resolution. Whatever it is it takes my breath away and gives me the absolute creeps all at the same time.

I mean look at this city

Edit: so should I just finish the main game and then do it? Or just get gud and do it now? I’m level 56 or so.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Attitude Indicator posted:

Quit and reload. The loot will be at the top of the tower again.

Ah thanks. I went to the hunters dream and came back and it was there. It was a badge of some sort. I do not know what those do.

Bust Rodd posted:

I genuinely feel like skipping every major open world game for the last 5 years since the Witcher except for Spider-Man finally paid off in big dividends with Sushi Ghost. Because i went in with absolutely zero fatigue, big chunks of the game that other people obviously came in burnt out on didn't effect me.

Spider-Man having the best feeling of moving around in any open world game ever made is one of the big reasons I probably fell off Tsushima so hard. That + AC: Odyssey where Kassandra could just climb anything, make Tsushima to me feel SO restrictive. Traveling around the world just wasn't fun enough for me. Also just let me keep the wind on so I can have a permanent waypoint going instead of having to swipe the thing to get it going again. Gimme as much hud as possible, I'm an old man

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Finally started Death Stranding. Love it so far. My only complaint is that I don't know if I can empathise with a character who drinks Monster energy drinks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ok on your all’s recommendation I bought bloodborne’s DLC The Old Hunt. I’ve gotten about 200 feet into the new area and noped out back to the lecture hall to continue the main story. The enemies are insane! They seem easy to repeatedly gun parry but they do not gently caress around. At all.

It’s exceedingly beautiful though. I feel like even the anti-aliasing (my biggest complaint) is better, or the lighting engine and textures are higher resolution. Whatever it is it takes my breath away and gives me the absolute creeps all at the same time.

I mean look at this city

Edit: so should I just finish the main game and then do it? Or just get gud and do it now? I’m level 56 or so.

You'll wanna be at least level 60 to tackle it, but waiting till the end is fine too. Just make sure you don't accidentally trigger the ending and get locked into ng+

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Finally started Death Stranding. Love it so far. My only complaint is that I don't know if I can empathise with a character who drinks Monster energy drinks
It's such a weird product placement that it's actually kinda charming. Honestly, it makes perfect sense; if anything will survive an apocalypse in America, it'll be the dumbest of BRANDS.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Ok Bloodborne veteran hunters. (boss name) Amygdala. Why am I not doing any damage? Like 8 damage a hit. Something is wrong or I’m missing a mechanic.

Also gently caress poison forever. And I thought snakes were bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ok Bloodborne veteran hunters. (boss name) Amygdala. Why am I not doing any damage? Like 8 damage a hit. Something is wrong or I’m missing a mechanic.

Also gently caress poison forever. And I thought snakes were bad.
Spoilers for new Hoonters
Amy’s limbs have massive damage resist, you have to aim for her big juicy brain. If you shoot her in the face enough you can break her faces

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do not finish Bloodborne's last boss if you're doing Old Hunters. You have to do it in the same run at level 70 (my recommendation). It's the best integrated DLC ever and you're going to be super glad you played the complete BB experience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A hoonter must cut Pizza

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Surge is crashy which is really bad for a souls clone :mad:

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Macaluso posted:

That + AC: Odyssey where Kassandra could just climb anything, make Tsushima to me feel SO restrictive.

I hated the feel of the traversal in Odyssey. While I've got no problem with being able to climb everywhere, the whole game felt like Kassandra was sliding over the terrain rather than running/climbing over it. It was the same with the combat. There was just no precision to anything in that game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ghost of Sushi is probably the most fun I’ve had with an open world game since BotW or Red Dead 2. It helps a lot that the combat is very satisfying and fun, which a lot of open world games falter on. The limited traversal doesn’t bother me because the game isn’t designed around you being a parkour master. This ain’t infamous.

I’m digging everything about it so far. It’s in contention with TLoU 2 for my favorite PS4 exclusive and/or goty.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Wait so what’s the last boss and how do I know when to stop? This game doesn’t tell you a thing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You will know, it takes place in considerably different circumstances to the rest of the game. It doesn't really have a level leading up to it, thats about all I can say without spoiling.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

So weird question, how possible is it to just run around in ghosts of Tsushima without getting into fights?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait so what’s the last boss and how do I know when to stop? This game doesn’t tell you a thing.

storywise the best place to go into the dlc is before beating the boss called mergo's wet nurse

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

The last boss fight will take place in an extremely obvious and telegraphed place. you should finish up the Hunter’s Nightmare, then maybe do some Chalice dungeons if your aren’t yet BL 75-80, then do the DLC, then beat the game.

Achmed Jones posted:

So weird question, how possible is it to just run around in ghosts of Tsushima without getting into fights?

There are bandits and ronin and Mongolian hordes throughout the country side but you can just blow past them on your horse and ignore them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Imhotep posted:

Yes, and there’s a hidden attribute called ‘Righteousness’ that basically means kin enemies are weak to them, like how serrated weapons are strong against beasts. You can tell by looking at the weapon’s stat page and it’ll have a number, usually 100, under the little pictures of what looks like a slug/phantasm and a wolf/beast. Ludwig’s Holy Blade is a quality weapon, in addition to being one of the only weapons, maybe the only, that does both righteous and serrated damage in both forms.

You're conflating two different stats. Righteousness is a hidden stat like serrated, but it affects Cainhurst enemies, and those hidden stats are separate from Vs Beast & Vs Kin, which come from blood gems. LHB doesn't do serrated damage; you're thinking of the Church Pick.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If you have a +7 or +8 weapon (which you can manage fairly easily when you revisit the hypogean jail) I’m pretty sure then you’re good to go on the dlc.

Leaves enough of the game to go to try out the new weapons you bring back and the amount of echoes and levels you gain will just crush what’s left of the base game.

and I like hearing the dolls hidden dialogue when you beat Maria. and the orphan. Which I’m pretty sure might be overridden by the event that takes place after you kill mergo’s wet nurse

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean look at this city

No offense to your experience but gently caress those second and third pictures look awful. I'm near-sighted and those things are triggering that really badly for me and it hurts to look at them.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just finished TLOU2

Spoilers obvz, don't roll over the big spoiler tags unless you wanna be spoiled!!!

Overall, very good. The Abby campaign was 10/10 I loving HATED the ending(s). Jesus christ, hire an editor or something. The stench of Return of the King was insane.

Seeing Abby at the end was repulsive, I kept trying to let her kill Ellie. I hated Ellie's guts so much and kept waiting for her to get her comeuppance.
gently caress Ellie!!!!

Anyway, very well made game. Made me feel real emotions, which was cool!

A lot to process.

gently caress ELLIE!!

TLOU2 was super fun. I liked it a whole lot more than whatever the first one was going for.

At first I was like 'Okay, revenge story sure, let's see where it goes. I hear the story's bad and dour all the way through from reviews I never read but only head through omission secondhand and that you kill on average 346,228 dogs an hour so let's get in it'

'Okay, tutorial has humor and some friendly back and forth but I'm sure that'll fade away soon.'

'No, they're still keeping morale high- oh poo poo that's new for this world and horrifying'

'Alright, Revenge Story, I'm into it!'

'gently caress yeah, Revenge Story!'

'Revenge Story, Revenge Story, Revenge Story, Revenge StoRY Revenge STORY REVENGE STORY!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ&t=60s

https://twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1274043163796275209

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

No offense to your experience but gently caress those second and third pictures look awful. I'm near-sighted and those things are triggering that really badly for me and it hurts to look at them.

rip to ur eyesight but im different

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, there's a really obvious "this is the last boss", Mergo's Wet Nurse. You can do whatever after that, including using the workshop, just don't talk to Gherman. That starts the ending to NG+ event.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Wish someone had told me that before I bought the dlc after beating the game. Tried it on NG+, had an absolute awful time with it and after a few fruitless hours never picked the game up again.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I really appreciate that the Khan in Tsushima looks like old bloated Stephen Seagal.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Yeah, there's a really obvious "this is the last boss", Mergo's Wet Nurse. You can do whatever after that, including using the workshop, just don't talk to Gherman. That starts the ending to NG+ event.

Is it really obvious? I don't know if it's SUPER obvious before beating Mergo's WN. Returning to the dream after should definitely telegraph to you that THIS IS THE END.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Omfg

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1289802639245418502?s=21

Check that health and flask count.

I was having the toughest time with the second phase because I just could not gauge the distance of his arms or head very well. The depth perception of this fight is way weird. But I saw his head come down that last instant and just reflex turn and smashed r1.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RBA Starblade posted:

You're given a prompt at the very end where after being told not to move or poo poo explodes, after an extending thing of not moving and holding steady the wendigos are distracted and you get the option to haul rear end to hit the lights and stop them.

This, of course, blows up the place.

From way back, but apparently I read until Dawn as Horizon Zero Dawn :downsgun:

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Omfg

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1289802639245418502?s=21

Check that health and flask count.

I was having the toughest time with the second phase because I just could not gauge the distance of his arms or head very well. The depth perception of this fight is way weird. But I saw his head come down that last instant and just reflex turn and smashed r1.

Nice one. I found the easiest way to fight amygdala was to attack his legs. Once he jumps you can stay perfectly still and prepare an overhead smash. He will never land on you and the majority of the time your overhead smash will connect with his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My Bloodborne DLC experience consists solely of 10+ corpse runs just to get the big pizza slicer