Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I'm still waiting for the end of their best of 7 series tho, they're still tied 3-3

IIRC it was 3-3-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

Isn't this one of the big issues with WWE and ads? It's why they went PG, and had to be shilling for 2nd rate advertisers like fruity Skittles?

In so much as the big money reliable advertisers don't want to be associated with wrestling, no matter how high the ratings, because wrestling is seen to bring in a low class, low income demographic.

Yep. Even during their biggest years, who were the most constant sponsors but, Chef Boyardee! Which might be the most disgusting canned food I have ever eaten and it disturbs me how much I liked it when I was a very small boy. I ate that poo poo like food would vanish tomorrow, but by like age 6 my palette was too developed for it.

Never go back and try the food you loved as a kid and stopped eating for reasons you forgot. They were good reasons.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

what about Chef Bo ravs on golden brown toast? thats good eatin

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Tokamak posted:

IIRC it was 3-3-1

That sounds right. I remember the thread collectively yelling "they 50/50 booked a best of 7 series??!?!?!?!?!?"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Is this Sasha's longest raw championship reign so far?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Somebody on Reddit posted a temp writing contract that the WWE offered him (which he had FRAMED, because these loving people... :jerkbag:)

40-hour work weeks writing the shows and THIS is the best they can do?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

lmao your work week is definitely not 40 hours

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
0 benefits of any kind lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Benefits: As a temporary employee, gently caress you

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

finally, recognition for my writing talents from a wold renowned literary institution, the wwe

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dsriggs posted:

Somebody on Reddit posted a temp writing contract that the WWE offered him (which he had FRAMED, because these loving people... :jerkbag:)

If this is what he’s giving away for free, I am all aboard whatever “meager pay, no benefits” motivates:
https://twitter.com/joeytainment/status/1289624641611239424?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If this is what he’s giving away for free, I am all aboard whatever “meager pay, no benefits” motivates:

https://www.gq.com/story/werner-herzog-wrestlemania

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

OctoberCountry posted:

USA's gonna get cancelled by Comcast before Raw does

This is an interesting idea. As bad as Raw’s ratings are, they are carrying USA. I wouldn’t be shocked if they flipped it to a sports network someday if Comcast managed to successfully bid for Pac12 college football rights or something.

Although then again USA network used to have sports in prime time two or three nights a week, they would just have to pivot back to that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

dsriggs posted:

I would be very interested in how they calculate that 40 hours as a wrestling writer.

Do you do a 9-5 in a writing room with the other writers? Does travel time count? (Do the writers travel to the different shows?) How about all the time spent in arenas, or meeting rooms waiting for Vince/Whoever to come and join the writers meeting? Do you clock in and clock out like the sheep and sheepdog in the cartoons? Do they dock your pay if you say, arrive at 10 and leave at 4, even though you have written your required hours of TV in that time?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I need to see that pay rate before I jump in on any dogpiles.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s probably “Three meals a day from craft services”.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Nipponophile posted:

I need to see that pay rate before I jump in on any dogpiles.

Despite being so proud of being offered the job he framed the letter, he didn't actually take it. Should be a clue right there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they fired patrice o'neal because he took a tuesday off to take a standup gig. then when he took the news well they tried to fire him two more times after that. you're expected to live breath and sleep wwe as a writer for them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JOHN CENA posted:

they fired patrice o'neal because he took a tuesday off to take a standup gig. then when he took the news well they tried to fire him two more times after that. you're expected to live breath and sleep wwe as a writer for them.

Yet they prefer you to not be a fan before they hire you. Because that makes perfect sense.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JOHN CENA posted:

I love this story so much. Stephanie actually called him at home all "You know you're fired, right?"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

:five:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:yeshaha:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seth Rollins talked to TalkSPORT

Seth Rollins posted:

If you look at when this whole thing started – really after Hell in a Cell but in earnest Survivor Series last year – until now, it’s obviously been a work in progress. Trying to figure out who I was at the end of last year and then kind of sinking deeper into the character and the personality and what my goal is and why I’m doing this. It’s been an interesting process going from where I was to where I’m at now, but certainly it’s been enjoyable and for me, the artistic side of wrestling is something that has always been super fulfilling to me. A lot of people think it’s just the matches and stuff like that, but it’s not. It’s the storytelling and the characters and at the end of the day, that’s the most important thing about what we do. Establishing characters that people care about. I think one way or another, whether you’re on my side or against me, there is strong feelings about the Monday Night Messiah so yeah, it’s definitely something that I’m very proud of and look forward to cultivating as we move forward into this strange year that is 2020. Rey has been a big part of this whole thing from the very beginning so I think, say what you will, but there is long term storytelling if you have the patience to stick around and pay attention, so kudos to you [the fans] if you got that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

53 weeks ago

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

congrats to bryan and brie

https://twitter.com/BellaTwins/status/1290012061758447617

Rick posted:

This is an interesting idea. As bad as Raw’s ratings are, they are carrying USA. I wouldn’t be shocked if they flipped it to a sports network someday if Comcast managed to successfully bid for Pac12 college football rights or something.

Although then again USA network used to have sports in prime time two or three nights a week, they would just have to pivot back to that.

doubt it could be another full-fledged sports network when nbcsn and the golf channel exists

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
USA just needs to put a new season of Psych, Monk, and... uhhhhh... Crissley?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bring back Silk Stalkings

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm so old I remember when USA used to show boxing on Tuesday nights.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Codependent Poster posted:

Forget that! Bring back Up All Night!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Malcolm Excellent posted:

USA just needs to put a new season of Psych, Monk, and... uhhhhh... Crissley?

crissley is doing a dime for sex pestery and/tax fraud iirc

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we want duckman

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah, Chrissley Prime is gone but they just gave shows to his dipshit children instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Roman Reigns is returning to WWE television next week on R-Truth's Game Show

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bring back News Weasels!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Rarity posted:

Roman Reigns is returning to WWE television next week on R-Truth's Game Show

thank you scoops gal clap clap clapclapclap

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

we want duckman

clap clap clap-clap-clap

WE WANT DUCKMAN

clap clap clap-clap-clap

also congratulations to Brie and mr Bryan on their new baby, whom I hope his father can safely visit now without risk of sickening the people he loves :ohdear:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 2, 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bring back Pacific Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

oldpainless posted:

Bring back Pacific Blue

Dear God, no

Bring back the USA express with He-Man reruns

And Wings reruns