Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pook Good Mook posted:

Every year I'm reminded how annoying it is to watch this boring race and listen to all the nonsense names of the corners that mean nothing except to the hardest of the hardcore.

It's pure British fart sniffing.

the only ones i know are maggots and becketts and that's only because I'm incredibly bad at simracing and can never get them right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
that was a punchy move from ocon

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Well that was a nice race. See you next week.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Mustache Ride posted:

Man that's hosed up

The lengths that daddy stroll will go to to make sure his terrible son wins the team battle is surprising to anyone.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Love to hear them talk about Stroll pulling risky moves that pay off like he doesn’t do them completely by accident in a panic.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Dinosaurs! posted:

Love to hear them talk about Stroll pulling risky moves that pay off like he doesn’t do them completely by accident in a panic.

So that's why they never put his on-board radio on, he's just crying the whole time.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You know F1 has hit rock bottom when the words "Battle for 10th" are appearing on the screen.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I’m falling asleep. Ugh.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

The view where they display the relative positions gained or lost is almost all 0's

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pook Good Mook posted:

Every year I'm reminded how annoying it is to watch this boring race and listen to all the nonsense names of the corners that mean nothing except to the hardest of the hardcore.

Chapel and Becket mark the places where some dumbass built a racetrack over a genuine site of major historical importance.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You know F1 has hit rock bottom when the words "Battle for 10th" are appearing on the screen.

Silverstone loving sucks and is only on the calendar because of the Sky Sports contract

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Why am I nursing my hangover to this...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zeta Acosta posted:

Well that was a nice race. See you next week.

You know next week is also at Silverstone right

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

pik_d posted:

You know next week is also at Silverstone right

(and maybe also the week after that lol)

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

learnincurve posted:

It always has been. I’m old enough to have been there in the 1980s and you used to be able to get terrifyingly close to the track and just hang out on the grass as wheels bounced around narrowly missing everyone, it was that closeness of the fans that made it look good on TV.

Huh. I figured a lot of the boring tracks used to be exciting when the cars were smaller and slower. Interesting to hear it was always bad.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Bye bye kyvatt

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

learnincurve posted:

Chapel and Becket mark the places where some dumbass built a racetrack over a genuine site of major historical importance.

I want to use the next 60 minutes to learn about this. Where can I do this? I'm completely unaware of why these names are important.

Lol Torpedo.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Oh hey I'm awake again, thanks Kvyat

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip: Danii

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
did the racist Max Verstappen finally kneel?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Ok. I’m awake. gently caress lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Battle for 14th has entered the chat.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
oooh that was a nasty one

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Grey haired lady is my friend Clare!!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

One hell of an impact, glad he looks to be okay.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

itsjustdrew posted:

I want to use the next 60 minutes to learn about this. Where can I do this? I'm completely unaware of why these names are important.

Lol Torpedo.

There was a really important chapel to Thomas Becket at the height of his cult there 🙂

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How's kvyat done that? I would've thought that's more of a place to spin

Oof just seen the replay, that's nasty

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Pook Good Mook posted:

You hit the nail on the head. Though I actually don’t mind playing this track in the F1 game.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
LMAO poor camera man.

learnincurve posted:

There was a really important chapel to Thomas Becket at the height of his cult there 🙂

also thank you!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdD7iXa5klk

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So who is Grosjean taking out?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol you can’t go online and be a Marshall for the F1, you have to spend years volunteering in the winter for the poo poo old bikes/kids races at multiple racetracks before you earn a spot at the big races.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Custard Undies posted:

Stroll. I hope.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol kvyat shoving the camera

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Custard Undies posted:

Knowing his luck, Ricciardo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Custard Undies posted:

somehow, Vettel

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Grey haired lady is my friend Clare!!!

Is she cute?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Diet Crack posted:

lol kvyat shoving the camera

Clare would have decked him if he’d tried that with her, I could see her teacher voice being used on him when he got out the car “You’re going to put the wheel back on now lad.”

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Why do they put the wheel backon? So that the marshals can Push it around easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Holy crap the British suck at cleaning up their mess. This is taking forever.