Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Well, we did say Nyla was a great shitposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/zmanbrianzane/status/1289555467690102787

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't want to be too hard on the Angry Wrestling Nerd but what the gently caress is that

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's Aubrey in the background smelling it that really makes this work.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1289486474853769216?s=20

I know he's worked there before but there's something about Tatsumi Fujinami, WWE Hall of Famer & 6 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion, wrestling for Big Japan which is incredibly odd & slightly funny to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Before he showed up at the Dome this year I could've sworn Fujinami retired like 12 years ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1289486474853769216?s=20

I know he's worked there before but there's something about Tatsumi Fujinami, WWE Hall of Famer & 6 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion, wrestling for Big Japan which is incredibly odd & slightly funny to me.

He's worked a bunch for DDT (and held their tag belt) too. Hopefully it's motivated by enjoyment rather than financial hardship.

Also, apparently his son got a WWE tryout in 2015.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 1, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Kinda surprised she's not forced to call him Dean on social media. Or that she's allowed to refer to him at all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1289402357164326912

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you thought WWE couldn't gently caress up a small flippy guy then that's on you

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Imagining old guys in WWE telling Kenny and the Bucks to slow down, you gotta really work the moves, psychology!

And Kenny and the Bucks are like :confused: “you’re literally paying us obscene money because everything we did before now was the opposite of that”

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"You can't show up Baron Corbin"
"How do you not show up Baron Corbin?"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rarity posted:

If you thought WWE couldn't gently caress up a small flippy guy then that's on you

e:

Rarity posted:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The Cameo posted:

Imagining old guys in WWE telling Kenny and the Bucks to slow down, you gotta really work the moves, psychology!

And Kenny and the Bucks are like :confused: “you’re literally paying us obscene money because everything we did before now was the opposite of that”

The psychology behind the Bucks using the Golden Trigger on Omega blew the roof off the joint. Speed's just a variable, not the be all end all, and WWE misses it with how they produce their matches.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wwe would not hire the elite because they want them they would hire them because they don't want them to be successful anywhere else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Wwe would not hire the elite because they want them they would hire them because they don't want them to be successful anywhere else.

yeah. most wwe signings are done strictly to prevent the wrestler from making money for anyone else or building momentum for themselves. like shane strickland or jonah rock or ricochet or that time they tried really really hard to sign adam page to a big money nxt offer ahead of making formal offers to the bucks/cody/kenny (done with the express intent of splitting them up)

the original plans, as taken from interviews with the bucks, the good brothers, kenny, cody, wwe's offer was 7 figures for each of them, with a non-mutual opt out clause for the first 180 days of the deal included in the contracts on the wrestlers side, so if they didnt like the company/push/etc they'd be able to get out of their deal. the creative would have had hangman in nxt, and wwe was originally going to do a tag-team royal rumble which is where the young bucks debuted (this was being batted around when the mcmahons did their promo in the ring saying they had a PLAN to fix raw and THE FANS were now in charge). i don't think it was ever outright said what omega's creative was but i think the idea was to lead to a match with aj styles.

my guess as to what would happen on day 181?

cody would be stardust again in a bray wyatt angle

kenny would probably be ic or us champion, "out of the way". i don't think he'd be wwe champion because he probably isnt going to be able to navigate the company politically.

young bucks would be on tv sometimes, stuck in a loop of matches probably jobbing to the authors of pain or war raiders, on main event.

adam page would still be in nxt.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WWE doesn't want anybody to succeed. Including itself. WWE is an innovator in the field of failure. Fox, USA and KSA just give them research grants to see how far they can take it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

WWE doesn't want anybody to succeed. Including itself. WWE is an innovator in the field of failure. Fox, USA and KSA just give them research grants to see how far they can take it.

So true and I can't wait to see WWE in desperation mode at the bottom once it gets there

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Kinda surprised she's not forced to call him Dean on social media. Or that she's allowed to refer to him at all.

Nah, if she called him Dean that acknowledges Dean Ambrose still exists somewhere out there and not that he died on the way back to his home planet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

The deal they offered the Bucks specifically had a trap door clause at the 90 day mark. They just wanted to kill AEW in the crib, regardless of if the Jacksons left right away. (Moot point anyway, the kind of money it would've taken to get the Bucks to torpedo their brand is the kind of money that even WWE would've balked at paying for a tag team act. )

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gaz-L posted:

The deal they offered the Bucks specifically had a trap door clause at the 90 day mark. They just wanted to kill AEW in the crib, regardless of if the Jacksons left right away. (Moot point anyway, the kind of money it would've taken to get the Bucks to torpedo their brand is the kind of money that even WWE would've balked at paying for a tag team act. )

I thought one of the reasons that WWE didn't hire the Young Bucks is that the Bucks wanted a stipulation in their contracts that WWE wouldn't break up the tag team. And WWE said "No. What good are tag teams if we can't break them up to push one of the members and bury the other one?"

Seriously, the bucks said don't break us up, and WWE said no.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It used to bother me but now that there's a promotion that loves tag team wrestling I can just laugh at the reality that like tag teams have to swear allegiance to each other to leverage against WWE or write terms into contracts that they don't want to feud with their brother in order to avoid being broken up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

STAC Goat posted:

It used to bother me but now that there's a promotion that loves tag team wrestling I can just laugh at the reality that like tag teams have to swear allegiance to each other to leverage against WWE or write terms into contracts that they don't want to feud with their brother in order to avoid being broken up.

Years ago The Dudleys told a story of wanting to negotiate together, so they'd get the same deal, but WWE insisted on doing it separate, but assured them that they'd both get the same contract.

Of course, WWE did not offer both the same deal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Davros1 posted:

Years ago The Dudleys told a story of wanting to negotiate together, so they'd get the same deal, but WWE insisted on doing it separate, but assured them that they'd both get the same contract.

I can't even begin to guess who might have gotten the short stick in this situation!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Davros1 posted:

well that's also bog-standard anti-labour tactics.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1289777969804849154?s=20

Kojima is happy the rainy season is over in Tokyo & everyone you to do our best.

This man turns 50 in a month & he is looking jacked.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i freakin love satoshi kojima

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

I would love Kojima if he wasn't a constant reminder of how much worse I look at age 50.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Atillo posted:

I would love Kojima if he wasn't a constant reminder of how much worse I look at age 50.

He's a reminder of how much worse I look at 35. But hey, I'm beautiful on the inside.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

lmao Sasha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the trick is to rub olive oil bread on your skin before you go to sleep

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
are they ALL gamers

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

are they ALL gamers

I think this generation of wrestlers all picked up video games the way the old guys picked up drugs. It gives you something to do during all the long travel downtime and hotel rooms.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Video games are pretty fun now, check em out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

Video games are pretty fun now, check em out

Fall Guys unlocks on steam in two days :hellyeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
More like video lames

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chris James 2 posted:

Thanks for the reminder! I need to go get at least one more game in during the final beta hous.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

More like video lames

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

hopefully when it releases they’ll have a mechanism for playing with friends, i would like to do some party platforming with my PSP pals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait poo poo I got it

Video shames