Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lowry had 14 rebounds lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Perennial all-star is quite good at basketball.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod posted:

anderson unibrow

It's true

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sixers are dogshit but Embiid did a barrel roll.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Embiid should probably stop celebrating, it never ends well for him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dreylad posted:

Embiid should probably stop celebrating, it never ends well for him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Zeta Acosta posted:

lakers lost to dallas, almost loses to lac and today they were trashed.

They look a lot like a super talented team that mostly doesn't appear to give a poo poo.

I think the playoffs will come at them fast but they're still really good so

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

This is for real, he'd be making 60 million dollars in the 5th year?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1289721601886310402?s=19

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I dislike both of these players very much.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
when do the sixers get a home game

e: last nights game was the first game featuring a 50+ scorer and a 40-20 game since WIlt and Elgin Baylor (but they needed double OT to do it)

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 2, 2020

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Metapod posted:

Your team traded everything for the opportunity to have a year of anderson unibrow lmao

it would suck if the lakers had multiple mvp-caliber players on their team and didn't win anything, a feat truly unprecedented in nba history.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Got a new avatar for someone

https://twitter.com/its_whitney/status/1289900108017012737?s=20

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Oh god it does.
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1289905782285197314?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Larry is a cucumber

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah that's clearly Bob Bird.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Ringer just talked about the Ewing theory applying to the Raptors. God that website sucks so bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The Ringer just talked about the Ewing theory applying to the Raptors. God that website sucks so bad

You can tell Simmons is the most involved with their NBA coverage because it's by far the worst thing they do and is constantly trying to shoehorn in all his stupid poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if the nba................was like (i'm serious we're going to do it) game of thrones????????????

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's super clear that they didn't watch the team last year except for the playoffs because yeah, a fully healthy team is better than one where OG's appendix exploded, Kawhi had one leg, Kyle was wearing an oven mitt off the court because his hand was so busted, and Danny had the yips

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Its weird that when we have no travel, no scheduling conflicts, and total control of the schedule there are still back-to-backs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well back to backs aren't really an issue if everybody is there

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Its weird that when we have no travel, no scheduling conflicts, and total control of the schedule there are still back-to-backs.

Yeah the rushed schedule is really dumb. I think they believe that next year will somehow be completely normal so they need to rush through this one to not disrupt it too much or something? Which seems very naive.

Metapod posted:

I dunno I think playing high level basketball two days in a row is probably still pretty hard on your legs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Metapod posted:

I dunno, still seems like its a lot of wear and tear without rest for no good reason, even if the travel component isn't there. Trying to do that when guys are still getting into game shape also seems risky. Seems like they could have just added a couple days to the schedule and eliminated them entirely, they were just making up the schedule length anyway.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MourningView posted:

Yeah the rushed schedule is really dumb. I think they believe that next year will somehow be completely normal so they need to rush through this one to not disrupt it too much or something? Which seems very naive.

That's probably it, working backwards from next season start date. No way we are getting a normal, 28 city season starting in October though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah the game shape thing is also a good point, european soccer had a ton of soft tissue injuries after their restart iirc

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They also probably want to limit time in the bubble as much as possible

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

They also probably want to limit time in the bubble as much as possible

Yeah this the faster they can complete the season the better it is for them

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Danny Green still loyal

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1289761668885430273?s=21

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Katana_Warrior posted:

It's super clear that they didn't watch the team last year except for the playoffs because yeah, a fully healthy team is better than one where OG's appendix exploded, Kawhi had one leg, Kyle was wearing an oven mitt off the court because his hand was so busted, and Danny had the yips

Danny gets a lot of poo poo for becoming a void on offense (which is fair) but his defense in the Bucks series was really good.

I am really loving OG's game. He's looking really confident in his shot and is looking to actually take people off the dribble, which is insane considering where he was at the start of the year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
lmao

https://twitter.com/mellentuck/status/1289982234846363649?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
jfc

https://twitter.com/Hou5ton4L/status/1289734082880913410?s=19

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
tj warren, all i really remember was his thing with jimmy butler, and him tearing up the cavs

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

It looks like he is wearing two different masks. How tall is this guy?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Lol, I love it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

wondering what are the best healthy foods to eat to avoid Covid.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Diana rules

Pop also rules https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/1289997125242085382?s=19

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Please change the thread title to “Marco Bellinelli is out tonight”

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Always appreciate when Pop uses his orneriness for good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

creamcorn posted:

it would suck if the lakers had multiple mvp-caliber players on their team and didn't win anything, a feat truly unprecedented in nba history.

lol

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1289998258798882818

man he still looks like poo poo, im praying for you jason please find a barber that wont lie to you 🙏