Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hockey jockey posted:

Obviously you're wrong. But you're far less wrong than the red pastille likers. I suppose what I'm saying is that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

nah strawberry flavour of any sweet is the best imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The bananas were the best runts

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

The bananas were the best runts

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

hemale in pain posted:

can someone explain the appeal of beaches at beauty spots to me. what's the enjoyment to be had out of squeezing between a mass of sunburnt flesh on a sea of litter to find a spot of sand so you can go paddle in the cold sea which no one likes doing?

I grew up in a landlocked city and had this longing for the sea for reasons I can't articulate properly. When I'm near the sea, I feel more free, oriented and centered.

I love crowds (I don't mind going to a less crowded beach if it's too much) and aimlessly walking from one end to another.

I,for example, get nothing from greenery or hills/mountains. People gush over photos of Somewhereshire on reddit etc. and I was like "Eh".

I am a weirdo took a 12 hour ferry to Athens from Rhodes with a more expensive ticket than the flight which took 1 hour so I'm biased.

Once this lockdown is over I plan to take the ferry to Dublin.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what is wrong with you blackcurrant fruit pastilles are the best

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm amazed the colours correspond to any kind of fruit tbh, 12 rolls of pastilles is one of your 5 a day though

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what is wrong with you blackcurrant fruit pastilles are the best

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Galewolf posted:

I,for example, get nothing from greenery or hills/mountains. People gush over photos of Somewhereshire on reddit etc. and I was like "Eh".

Oh man, gimme that greenery, it is full of squirrels and birds and I love it.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Shoreditch is back to pre lockdown levels of carnage

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

el dingo posted:

Shoreditch is back to pre lockdown levels of carnage

Is it? Boy, I miss that carnage but gonna skip it for a while. I mean, didn't they push the nightclub/indoor venues to mid August?

I heard Blues Kitchen is back with live music so maybe there are not that many "nightclubs".

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
A trip to the beach is only worth it if its possible to cross a road and be at an arcade with a stall that sells candy floss

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Galewolf posted:

Is it? Boy, I miss that carnage but gonna skip it for a while. I mean, didn't they push the nightclub/indoor venues to mid August?

I heard Blues Kitchen is back with live music so maybe there are not that many "nightclubs".

Yeah they did say a thing about August but um everyone just seemed to do it anyway. Before folks judge I live here and I'm about 15 years too old for it

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Fingerless Gloves posted:

A trip to the beach is only worth it if its possible to cross a road and be at an arcade with a stall that sells candy floss

gently caress that, the more amenities the more people crammed on to a lovely beach. Wales and Cornwall's wilder beaches are beautiful.

Used to go to Three cliffs Bay in the Gower as a kid and you'd have to piss in the sea because there's nothing nearby.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Yeah the only beaches I go to are the ones in Cornwall out in the sticks and they never get super busy (though the one we go to regularly has a pub at the top which is useful), basically only used by occupants of the nearby caravan park.

Plus I like swimming in the sea :shrug:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I should say i do like quiet beaches but i do really hate swimming in the sea :( freaks me out not being able to through the water and i keep imagning jellyfish

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

I should say i do like quiet beaches but i do really hate swimming in the sea :( freaks me out not being able to through the water and i keep imagning jellyfish

Jellyfish are cool, I've had them smush into my face whilst diving :3:

Portuguese man o' war there is something to be afraid of.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

portugal...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i can't stand public swimming pools so it's really helpful that i leave near the beach

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Not even in the shallow end on tip toes?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
verrucas and floating dirty plasters

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Swimming in the sea is good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fish spotted

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

hemale in pain posted:

also got to watch the sun go down which i dont think ive ever bothered doing before

Sorry but this can't slip by without a what the gently caress

hemale in pain posted:

can someone explain the appeal of beaches at beauty spots to me.

You said you went camping so clearly you do go outside at some point but those two posts make you sound like a basement dweller

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I went camping somewhere near Robin Hood's Bay in North Yorkshire, it was extremely pleasant and not too busy and I swam and enjoyed it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

it would be nice if just once i could enjoy a nice day in me garden without the oval office next door putting his deafening and lovely house music on

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

robin hood's bay is a very nice place. iirc it gets sea jet wash ashore there

https://whamond.com/pages/what-is-whitby-jet

while googling for this i typoed it as both "robin hood's bay het" and "robin hood's bay ket" so i look forward to my search suggestions in future

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are any of the rest of you starting to see people you know posting about going abroad cos I am and it’s pretty irritating

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Are any of the rest of you starting to see people you know posting about going abroad cos I am and it’s pretty irritating

Post back things like 'Have a great time, will keep fingers crossed it doesn't end up like Spain lol' and 'That sounds amazing and the infection numbers are quite low there considering the area.'

There is no pleasure that can't be spoiled by a false positive facebook post.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Sorry but this can't slip by without a what the gently caress

You said you went camping so clearly you do go outside at some point but those two posts make you sound like a basement dweller

well you gotta be up high to actually watch it drop below the horizon and there's not many hills here. like sure ive been outside when the suns gone down but ive never sat and watched it on a hill

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the twat next door has now got himself a bike and is sat in the front street revving it

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

found out today that my brother, who thinks covid is a bunch of overblown nonsense, is moving back in with my parents until he has to go back into work around xmas time.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kinda jealous my aunt, uncle and cousins have a little spot on the northern most point of Ireland which basically has miles of beach for a local population of a thousand at best.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Escobarbarian posted:

What's irritating about it?

I have a lot of unease at all sorts of things people are doing but struggle to decide if I'm being a weirdo about it or not.

Sat in the park vaguely ignoring kids bully the gently caress out of each other whilst reading the formula 1 on my phone.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

reading the formula 1 on my phone.

this sounds incredibly tedious

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Actually quite exciting. Just won by a dude with only three wheels. Probably would have been too much to actually watch it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

it was v stressful to watch at the end, was v disappointed verstappen didnt win

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vitamins posted:

it was v stressful to watch at the end, was v disappointed verstappen didnt win

you mean the only bit of formula 1 worth watching

thinking of shaving my head again on the basis that i don't really want to go to the barbers yet and i've no longer got a job to look like an idiot at

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

kecske posted:

this sounds incredibly tedious

yeah, they really do a good job to capture the feel of the event purely through play-by-play

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Escobarbarian posted:

Half my job is selling currency to people who think/hope they are safe to travel

I have sympathy for a few, like those who are just trying to go home, or people who have holidays they booked last year and are stuck going or they lose a ton of money because it falls outside of lockdown restrictions.

The rest can get hosed. Sure mate, I'll sell you Euros but I am not buying them back at the same rate when you can't go.

Normally I love selling travel money, it's cool. But I'm looking daggers at a lot of boomer backs right now. Especially the fucks who go I CANT WEAR A MASK I HAVE ASTHMA PLEASE GIVE ME 3000 EUROS I WANT TO GO TO MY HOLIDAY HOME IN SPAIN HAHA RONA ISN'T REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Tempted to switch all my money to euros so I can switch it back after december and everything burns down but hey, I made 50 quid