Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't know if those count because you can clearly see that his hairline was already receding so he grew his hair long and swept it forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
At the beach last year a boomer or late stage Gen Xer was staying in the same motel near our room with his wife and every morning would regale me in the shared patio area while I tried to quietly enjoy coffee and cigarettes with tales I didn't care about though occasionally I could divert the conversation to cars except when his wife who worked in airlines wanted to explain how a recent spate of plane crashes were each the fault of the pilots involved rather than the company which installed the software they did not understand how to use to begin with or at other times her success with finding shells at low tide and before we left that the man and child we watched get dragged in from the ocean had died in ICU the night before we left when we could have spent our lives hoping for the best in ignorance and I spent much time saying "ah" or forcing that common laughed "yeah" and its cousin the barely voiced yet emphatic "huh"

Anyway one of his many stories was about seeing a band in some bar essentially an attic in Boone or Asheville, NC, and in this band was none other than Hulk The Bassist Hogan who could barely play as I recall but stood dead center larger than life at the front of the stage with all the presence in the world and again as I recall he said The Hulkster's hair was already then beginning to become as spiderweb thin as Elliot Smith's tender voice in much the same way his charisma was already grown beyond deniability

I do not as it stands necessarily believe the story the man recounted or any of his stories fully given that while I chugged coffee he was already moving into a day drunk but it is data you on the internet may consider in re the conversation at hand

So to my answer I add a question: has video ever surfaced of the basement or attic bar Rock and Roll career of Terry Bollea

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What happened to Alex Koslov? Why was he dropped from FCW and why did he retire in 2015, injury?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

koslov just popped up again with the return of talkn shop and said he went to rehab

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Were he and Rocky any good as a team?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Were he and Rocky any good as a team?

Extremely good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alex Koslov was cool, man, I hope he does well in rehab

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Speaking of bizarre Internet stuff: the Tim White Lunchtime Suicide series and that MR. MCMAHON AND HIS rear end Thanksgiving cartoon. 2006 was weird.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Speaking of bizarre Internet stuff: the Tim White Lunchtime Suicide series and that MR. MCMAHON AND HIS rear end Thanksgiving cartoon. 2006 was weird.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq7ka

AND HIS rear end

AND HIS rear end

AND HIS rear end

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a pretty simple question, so I am sorry if it may sound stupid or naive:

But is there a huge difference in pay between a wrestlers "downside guarantee" and what they would be making in the lower, mid, or upper cards?

Because if that jump in pay isn't that significant, wouldn't it be better to do a JTG and stay home getting paid rather than have to deal with the insanity and grueling grind that is life on the road subject to Vince's whims?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a pretty simple question, so I am sorry if it may sound stupid or naive:

But is there a huge difference in pay between a wrestlers "downside guarantee" and what they would be making in the lower, mid, or upper cards?

Because if that jump in pay isn't that significant, wouldn't it be better to do a JTG and stay home getting paid rather than have to deal with the insanity and grueling grind that is life on the road subject to Vince's whims?

If you are on the road for pretty much every show it is a big jump if you are just a guy. If you have a big downside like Nakamura he's probably not even making more than his downside given there's no house shows. Even if there were I wonder how much more he'd make given he's just a guy now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
IIRC the downside is just the base income they'd make literally sitting at home. They make more when appearing on TV/PPV/house shows, but how much depends on your spot and what they feel like, really (Moxley infamously got just $500 for his last WWE match).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gallows pointed out on talkn shop that the wwe doesnt draw for poo poo which meant that if you had a good contract like they did, working all the house shows in the world wouldnt actually make them more money. so he was like no going to saudi arabia wasnt a great payday i was behind on my downside so i wouldve made the same money for the year sitting at home

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

IIRC the downside is just the base income they'd make literally sitting at home. They make more when appearing on TV/PPV/house shows, but how much depends on your spot and what they feel like, really (Moxley infamously got just $500 for his last WWE match).

Your downside is the money you are guaranteed no matter what. You only make more appearing on shows if the total amount you earn exceeds your downside.

So if your downside is 500,000 per year and at the end of the year your earnings are $499,000 you do not make $999,000, you make $500,000.

So you would have been better off sitting at home.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does Russo still do video streams where he smokes weed in his teenage son's bedroom? I remember this from a couple years ago.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
downside also doesn't include merch and it's a lot easier to sell merch when you're on TV wearing a different shirt every week

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In a Retro Raw/Nitro podcast, Bryan and the gang recounted how -Pac was crotched on the top rope. Vinny quotes JR as saying "X-Pac's manhood just exploded all over that top turnbuckle."

Bryan then says "I don't think that happened but later in his life something similar did happen. Legitimately. Worse, much worse."

What is this in reference to?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he tore his anus doing a Bronco Buster

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

NikkolasKing posted:

In a Retro Raw/Nitro podcast, Bryan and the gang recounted how -Pac was crotched on the top rope. Vinny quotes JR as saying "X-Pac's manhood just exploded all over that top turnbuckle."

Bryan then says "I don't think that happened but later in his life something similar did happen. Legitimately. Worse, much worse."

He tore his rear end in a top hat on a Bronco Buster and lost a lot of blood.

https://deadspin.com/sean-x-pac-waltman-tore-open-his-anus-on-a-failed-bro-458710791

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

he missed a bronco buster and inadvertently goatsed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

We were very close to the timeline where the one thing Sean Waltman was remembered for was bleeding to death from his rear end

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did Adam cole have any nxt takeover title defenses that didn’t involve interference from his stable?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
WWE had one Cruiserweight Classic and two Mae Young Classics. TJP was fired pretty quickly, Kairi Sane just left, and they don't seem to be doing anything with Toni Storm. What the gently caress was the point of all that?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

WWE had one Cruiserweight Classic and two Mae Young Classics. TJP was fired pretty quickly, Kairi Sane just left, and they don't seem to be doing anything with Toni Storm. What the gently caress was the point of all that?

a bunch of those people didnt work for any other companies for a while.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did Jazzy really quit because she thought people playing Secret Hitler was a jab at her being German

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ive been listening to 83 weeks podcast and its been enjoyable. How much of a reliable narrator does everyone consider Eric Bischoff. He does seem to have it out for Dave Meltzer but he also makes good points. He does seem a little reluctant to ever accept much blame though.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I had to stop listening because Conrad uses the Observer as a source 90% of the time and so it just became "Dave reported this" and Bischoff saying no, that's bullshit, fake news etc. Got tiresome. Bischoff also though Meltzer wrote The Death of WCW.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’d rather listen to 83 weeks than something to wrestle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ive been listening to 83 weeks podcast and its been enjoyable. How much of a reliable narrator does everyone consider Eric Bischoff. He does seem to have it out for Dave Meltzer but he also makes good points. He does seem a little reluctant to ever accept much blame though.

One of the most unreliable people on the planet. Keep in mind he was one of the people talking to Dave both in private and in public. He also blatantly lies like the Bret Hart contract situation in 1996 which you know, is a major point in a documentary.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

MassRafTer posted:

One of the most unreliable people on the planet. Keep in mind he was one of the people talking to Dave both in private and in public. He also blatantly lies like the Bret Hart contract situation in 1996 which you know, is a major point in a documentary.

Sounds like you might be a dirt sheet writer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

In fairness to the Toni Storm thing, she was supposed to be the cornerstone of the UK women, and well... Corona plus #SpeakingOut.

And TJP hung around for like 3 years.

But...

Procrastinator posted:

a bunch of those people didnt work for any other companies for a while.

This. Anything HHH has ever said about wanting healthy competition or to help the wrestling landscape is horseshit.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did Jazzy really quit because she thought people playing Secret Hitler was a jab at her being German

When it first came out she was gone it seemed she had outside projects lined up that were a better alternative than staying in NXT UK. Possible misunderstanding over "Secret Hitler" aside, it's not really hard to imagine the British roster being lovely to a German.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

In fairness to the Toni Storm thing, she was supposed to be the cornerstone of the UK women, and well... Corona plus #SpeakingOut.

And TJP hung around for like 3 years.

But...

This. Anything HHH has ever said about wanting healthy competition or to help the wrestling landscape is horseshit.

nxt uk was not to give uk wrestlers a pathway to wwe, it was 100% entirely about killing the wrestling boom in england in the crib, especially after the wembley arena show actually drew and it looked like world of sport was coming back full time. that's why you had the predatory contracts, UK takeovers airing exclusively when it was to counterprogram an event of some type, the entire project was very, very transparently wwe sabotaging the wrestling scene there, and a small overture to extend to europe as a whole. all you do is take some of the more influential uk wrestlers that happen to be wwe dreamers (because WWE in the uk was pretty much the End-All Be-All promotion in the 1980s-00s), throw em a small bone with the NXT in florida with promises of main roster spots (that to date, not a single one of the NXT UK guys has ever been called up to on a full time basis), and watch how quickly they become anti-labor and turn on their fellow workers. as soon as toni storm's contract was locked up, look how fast they chucked her aside to push who they wanted. it's the same game they always play. they don't want to push you or give you a good career, they just want you to go away, even if that means putting you in their deep freezer for a while.

bartok
May 10, 2006

All that NXT UK talk reminds me did WWE give up on NXT Japan?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bartok posted:

All that NXT UK talk reminds me did WWE give up on NXT Japan?

the overtures they had been making toward AJPW and Big Japan lead me to believe its not totally dead, but they chilled out on pursuing that when NJPW's gates in the US dipped/wound up not reaching a partnership with AEW, and i don't see them attempting to move forward with it in the current pandemic. I know they were close to pulling the trigger around last year this time, this was when Brodie Lee was trying to get out of his contract, and HHH tried to quell him with "If you re-sign and can wait a few months, we can get you into Japan." I imagine the formation would have probably not been a purchase of any one company, maybe Wrestle-1, and try to build NXT Japan from the ground up there, with "partnerships" with AJPW/BJW like how NXT UK had with Progress/ICW.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 2, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the pandemic happened and jun akiyama went from studying english to prepare for a guest trainer role to essentially leaving all japan for ddt/cyberfight, and sendai girls started putting their poo poo on iwtv, so japan doesnt seem to think nxt japan is happening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would guess jun akiyama was going to be the chief guy for the nxt japan project/courting talent to sign ahead of the official announcement.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

On a related subject, I wonder if Ikemen actually ever signed a contract, because he's openly wrestling for AJPW and DDT right now but Sareee is complaining that she can't wrestle and maybe wrestling for Diana under a mask

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think sareee might have signed a developmental deal right when all of the covid pandemic went down. im not sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, Sareee is definitely signed. I'm just not sure about Jiro