Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64

the best friends, trent? and chuck taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tff-JIxxn2E

bartolo colon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5AxoBaKkQ&t=105s

peter crouch

tim lincecum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
bill walton

http://www.celticslife.com/2015/09/the-time-bill-walton-got-celtics-to.html

quote:

Larry Bird and Kevin McHale naturally inquired about who the long haired hippies were that happened to be at their practice. Walton, who seems to never miss an opportunity to pimp the Grateful Dead, seized the chance to explain who they were, mention that the Dead were in town to play a show, and that Bird and McHale should check it out. Somehow, they agreed, and even convinced the whole team to join.

"...the entire team, except for Danny Ainge, whose wife wouldn't let him go..." https://t.co/h71lJ1QEC1
— Jay King (@ByJayKing) September 5, 2015

Well....almost the whole team. Wow, Danny. Soft. "Honey, do you mind if I seek to achieve psychedelic enlightenment with Bill and the guys tonight? Larry is going too, I swear. No? Fine."

but not danny ainge and his evil mormon heart, he is the most unbyob athlete of all times

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

John Kruk

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Luvcow posted:

bill walton

http://www.celticslife.com/2015/09/the-time-bill-walton-got-celtics-to.html

but not danny ainge and his evil mormon heart, he is the most unbyob athlete of all times

Danny Ainge is my first wife's cousin and he is, in fact, EXTREMELY un-byob

Macnult

Uriah Hall

Despite being a mean-looking fighter man, I think he's a very BYOB athlete. He loves fighting for the sake of competition but is known to feel bad when he knocks people out. Really bad. Like, "Oh poo poo what have I done" bad.
He also has a lot of moves in his arsenal that he learned from Tekken which is pretty cool of him

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
That swimmer guy who got kicked off the Wheaties box for touching the devils lettuce.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Michael Vick?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Phelps* lol

nut

Joey chestnut

more falafel please

forums poster

nut posted:

Joey chestnut

who among us doesn't enjoy a nice afternoon of eating 74 glizzies

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prof. Crocodile

Thunder Moose posted:

Michael Vick?

:chloe:

Prof. Crocodile

i think the most byob athlete is dock ellis, a baseball pitcher with a sweet 'stache who wore hair curlers under/instead of his hat

he also once through a no-hitter while on lsd--although IIRC he was coming down not peaking

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

nut posted:

Joey chestnut

Even BYOB couldn't make this up:
"Chestnut, a San Jose State University student, entered the competitive eating scene in 2005 with a break-out performance in the deep-fried asparagus eating championship, in which he beat high-ranked eater Rich LeFevre by eating 6.3 pounds of asparagus in 11.5 minutes. That same year, during Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, he ate 32 HDB, placing third behind Takeru Kobayashi and Sonya Thomas.

On October 22, 2005, Chestnut set a new world record for downing 32.5 grilled cheese sandwiches in 10 minutes at the Arizona State Fair, as part of the GoldenPalace.net World Grilled Cheese Eating Championship circuit.[4]

Chestnut defeated Thomas in the Waffle House World Waffle Eating Championship and placed second to her in a Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship qualifier, eating 56 Krystal Burgers in eight minutes to her 57. He later beat her by eating 91 hamburgers in the finals, finishing second to the 97 hamburgers consumed by Kobayashi."

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

STING 64

nut posted:

Joey chestnut

yea he def is

Khanstant
yesterday i used a man's ladder and his name was "the chris benoit-liking gamer" and i didn't know whether to give his ladder a like or not so I abstained entirely

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Danny Ainge is my first wife's cousin and he is, in fact, EXTREMELY un-byob

:stare:

that's insane, i'm so sorry you had to deal with trader danny

The_Rob

musicals are garbage

JOHN CENA posted:

the best friends, trent? and chuck taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tff-JIxxn2E

orange Cassidy seems the most byob tho

nut

The_Rob posted:

orange Cassidy seems the most byob tho

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Steven Bradbury is BYOB to tha bone.

Wikipedia posted:

Steven John Bradbury OAM is an Australian former short track speed skater and four-time Olympian. He won the 1,000 m event at the 2002 Winter Olympics after all of his opponents were involved in a last corner pile-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM

STING 64

i love steve bradbury he was equally great in australian survivor. he did not win though :(

also the only reason he was in the gold medal race was because in BOTH of his previous qualifiers the same thing happened

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

JOHN CENA posted:

i love steve bradbury he was equally great in australian survivor. he did not win though :(

also the only reason he was in the gold medal race was because in BOTH of his previous qualifiers the same thing happened

*chanting* default default default DEFAULT

FluffieDuckie

this is the most byob way to win a race

he's like what just happened?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Rollie Fingers

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
delonte west

west was such a gregarious prankster that he pranked his teammate lebron james by sleeping with his mom:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/663164-delonte-wests-alleged-affair-with-lebrons-mother-will-raise-his-playoff-value

FluffieDuckie

Mark Fidrych

"Baseball pitchers are known for being some of the biggest oddballs in sports, and Mark Fidrych was no exception. Nicknamed “The Bird” because his curly hair and lanky build was reminiscent of Big Bird, Fidrych made a name for himself as a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers. He had a number of odd habits while pitching, among them aiming the ball like a dart, talking to it, and frequently strutting around the field after striking a batter out. He also had the curious habit of insisting that a ball that “had hits in it” be removed from the game, saying, “I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it’ll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time.” Fidrych was a sensation with the fans, who would chant for him to be put in the game, and any time he did start attendance would skyrocket. For all his antics, Fidrych was known for living very simply in a small apartment, always insisting that if he weren’t a professional ball player he’d be pumping gas in his hometown of Northborough, Massachusetts."

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

STING 64

FluffieDuckie posted:

Mark Fidrych

"Baseball pitchers are known for being some of the biggest oddballs in sports, and Mark Fidrych was no exception. Nicknamed “The Bird” because his curly hair and lanky build was reminiscent of Big Bird, Fidrych made a name for himself as a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers. He had a number of odd habits while pitching, among them aiming the ball like a dart, talking to it, and frequently strutting around the field after striking a batter out. He also had the curious habit of insisting that a ball that “had hits in it” be removed from the game, saying, “I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it’ll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time.” Fidrych was a sensation with the fans, who would chant for him to be put in the game, and any time he did start attendance would skyrocket. For all his antics, Fidrych was known for living very simply in a small apartment, always insisting that if he weren’t a professional ball player he’d be pumping gas in his hometown of Northborough, Massachusetts."
thats a shaman

Prof. Crocodile

FluffieDuckie posted:

Mark Fidrych

Fidrych is very BYOB, and makes me think of the Bill "The Spaceman" Lee. a few of his yobbiest accomplishments:
  • claims to have smoked weed with GW Bush in 1972 under the Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil at the Museum of Science in Boston (a claim that literally no one has disputed)
  • wore jersey #37, because when he did a handstand it spelled 'le' (he first requested--and was denied--jersey #337)
  • was fined by MLB for openly admitting marijuana use in 1970. claimed that he only sprinkled it on organic buckwheat pancakes so he could endure his daily five-mile run to Fenway Park
  • Ran for POTUS in 1988 with presumptive VP Hunter S. Thompson, promising a cabinet consisting of Carl Sagan and Larry Bird (amongst others)
  • kinda looked like kenny rogers

BUG JUG

FluffieDuckie posted:

Mark Fidrych

Go to Chet's Diner in Northborough they love him there. And sometimes he stops in for breakfast (I've never caught him there but that's what they say).

Khanstant
THE BASKETBASL PLAYER WITH THE LONGEST LEGS MR DADDY LOINGLEG THEY CALLED HIM ON AND OFF T HE FIELD HEHE

Spaced God

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Rodney Mullen has to be up there. Dude invented basically every skateboarding trick (like, he literally invented The Ollie and The Kickflip), but also like just really loves listening to sabaton and beethoven on 200 lb speakers.

quote:

Me and my neighbors, we have an understanding ... and so I sit perfect, you know, triangle at the front. You sit there with the remote and you turn it up, just when it starts to hurt, and hit one more and then go like [presses his hands to his ears] that, and then you just feel it in your whole body for a while, as long as you can take it. And then you 'arrgh!', and then you turn it off you know and [hold his hand to his heart and breathes heavily], and then I go skate [laughs]. It's awesome, but only if I'm really usually, like, just sometimes when you really need it, you know?"

Then he became really into engineering and started his own electric sports car company??? idk he's weird

Also in the realm of skateboarding, there was a dude who was a pro skater whose name I can't remember who did the commentary for an X Games event the first time they were in Minneapolis and he was very obviously stoned out of his loving mind the whole comp despite commentating on live national television and that's also very yob imo

more falafel please

forums poster

rube waddell was probably the byobest baseball player

opposing fans would bring puppies to games because he would just walk off the mound and go over to pet the puppies, in the middle of a game

one offseason his team had no idea where he was and he showed up like a week late. he had been wrestling alligators in the circus

wikipedia posted:

According to baseball historian Lee Allen in The American League Story, Waddell began the 1903 season sleeping in a firehouse at Camden, New Jersey, and ended it tending bar in a saloon in Wheeling, West Virginia. In between those events, he won 22 games for the Philadelphia Athletics; toured the nation in a vaudeville play called The Stain of Guilt; courted, married, and became separated from May Wynne Skinner of Lynn, Massachusetts; saved a woman from drowning; accidentally shot a friend through the hand; and was bitten by a lion.[7] His performance in The Stain of Guilt was notable in that his co-stars, who had realized that he was incapable of memorizing his lines, allowed him to improvise his lines for every show; the play was critically acclaimed and was much discussed for a scene in which Waddell lifted the actor playing the villain and threw him across the stage with ease. Waddell used his newfound stardom as an actor to negotiate a higher wage for his baseball career.

the thing about rube waddell stories is you can post like 75 rube waddell stories and then you look back and there's like 100 more rube waddell stories. rube loving waddell

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prof. Crocodile

more falafel please posted:

rube waddell was probably the byobest baseball player

opposing fans would bring puppies to games because he would just walk off the mound and go over to pet the puppies, in the middle of a game

one offseason his team had no idea where he was and he showed up like a week late. he had been wrestling alligators in the circus

the thing about rube waddell stories is you can post like 75 rube waddell stories and then you look back and there's like 100 more rube waddell stories. rube loving waddell

also a very byob name

Diqnol

Jay Cutler is very BYOB, famous for not giving a hoot and just living his life the way he thought would be chillest.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Jay Cutler is very BYOB, famous for not giving a hoot and just living his life the way he thought would be chillest.

shame on an IGA

Dale Jr. is surprisingly 'yob

Photex

Lando Norris

STING 64

cool performance

Twenty Four

High quality 'stash

also

Maybe maybe not? But I half remember a quote from him that was very byob on someone calling him out on being overweight, a heavy drinker, smoker, etc, and how as a professional athlete should be in better shape and his response was something like

"I ain't an athlete, I'm a professional baseball player" and I still laugh thinking about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64

yknow what i would say this man *is* decently byob