Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

DC Murderverse posted:

you have to redownload everything

it's super loving stupid

kirbysuperstar posted:

e: actually if you're moving to a new system you probably have to redownload, I imagine the files are system-signed

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Don't Animal Crossing saves move with everything else if you do a System Transfer (NOT a profile transfer)?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dip Viscous posted:

Don't Animal Crossing saves move with everything else if you do a System Transfer (NOT a profile transfer)?

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48899/#s1q4

Nope. Not 'yet', anyway.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Dip Viscous posted:

They do not.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

:psyduck: So what does happen if you do a full System Transfer and then try to start Animal Crossing? "Oops we've decided to pretend the save is corrupt"?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I’m two levels into ring fit and I’m already a wheezing Blubbering sweating sack of poo poo, It takes like fifty squats to beat just the first basic enemy lol. thanks corona for loving up all my stamina and thank myself for being a fat piece of poo poo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m two levels into ring fit and I’m already a wheezing Blubbering sweating sack of poo poo, It takes like fifty squats to beat just the first basic enemy lol. thanks corona for loving up all my stamina and thank myself for being a fat piece of poo poo.

My first session had me laying on the floor for an hour afterwards and my legs still hurt four days later. I got all the way to the end of the first area. I’ve been walking three miles a day since March but obviously I need to do more.

My switch kicked my rear end.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I finally wrapped up my fourth route of Fire Emblem, after approximately 350 hours. I have a lot to complain about, but I really love that game. As much as a slog some of it is, part of me wants to start a new playthrough.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Dip Viscous posted:

:psyduck: So what does happen if you do a full System Transfer and then try to start Animal Crossing? "Oops we've decided to pretend the save is corrupt"?

Your island stays on the original Switch. New switch treats it as a new game, old switch lets you link your island and villager to a new profile.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Nevermind, Switch doesn't even have a full System Transfer option like the 3DS did. I guess I just assumed that it did.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dip Viscous posted:

Nevermind, Switch doesn't even have a full System Transfer option like the 3DS did. I guess I just assumed that it did.

It's really ridiculous how Nintendo hasn't gotten the concept of cloudsaving/profiles down yet. Being that they make handhelds/hybrids and like to update their systems frequently as well as their games being very replayable, it should be a no brainer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hell it's a familiar technology to me and i think the cloud is sketch as gently caress. way too many ways to accidentally screw over the end user without even meaning to do it. nintendo is smart to store everything locally.

think of it as that line from star wars about a trusty blaster, except the blaster is a local hard disk and the force only works when it feels like it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

.nintendo is smart to store everything locally.

Big brain post

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The White Dragon posted:

hell it's a familiar technology to me and i think the cloud is sketch as gently caress. way too many ways to accidentally screw over the end user without even meaning to do it. nintendo is smart to store everything locally.

think of it as that line from star wars about a trusty blaster, except the blaster is a local hard disk and the force only works when it feels like it

Isn't that literally how the force works anyway

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

i love being unable to make backups of my data, thank you nintendo!!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I finally wrapped up my fourth route of Fire Emblem, after approximately 350 hours. I have a lot to complain about, but I really love that game. As much as a slog some of it is, part of me wants to start a new playthrough.

Lay it on us.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's really ridiculous how Nintendo hasn't gotten the concept of cloudsaving/profiles down yet. Being that they make handhelds/hybrids and like to update their systems frequently as well as their games being very replayable, it should be a no brainer.

Nintendo Switch Thread: It Should Be A No-Brainer, And Yet...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the problem on animal crossing is a village is theory split across multiple profiles some of which may have online accounts and some not.

To which I say just back up the main villagers save to the cloud and delete the other houses if you gotta.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bought Double Dragon for $4 on sale and... boy how do you gently caress up an old arcade port. The video scaler is so ugly and smears when you move.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is it not a Hamster port? I think those have the option for integer scaling

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is it not a Hamster port? I think those have the option for integer scaling

Nope, ArcSys did it themselves.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It is indeed a Hamster port. I looked up the settings and changed the ugly scaler. Thank you.

However now I am faced with the realization that the game wasn’t that great and feels terrible to control.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah for some reason all those ports have the option to make them not ugly, but you have to dig around for them.

I guess they get more complaints if they don't fill the screen by default.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Double Dragon is weird in that I never knew an arcade version started the whole thing, I started with the NES version. I eventually played the arcade original, and, y'know, yay for two-player simultaneous play, but otherwise, the game sucks. I enjoy the NES game more.

I then remember someone online reviewing the NES Online games, and lamenting that the version of DD on there was the 'crappy NES one'.

A) the arcade version is terrible.
B) what the gently caress else did you expect from the NES Online service?

Another random gripe I have is people, specifically James and Mike, dumbfounded as to why there aren't any Contra, Mega Man, Castlevania, or licensed games on the online service.

I get that maybe the general public wouldn't know why, but videogames are your livelihood.

:psyduck:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Double Dragon is weird in that I never knew an arcade version started the whole thing, I started with the NES version. I eventually played the arcade original, and, y'know, yay for two-player simultaneous play, but otherwise, the game sucks. I enjoy the NES game more.

I prefer Double Dragon 1 arcade (even with the slowdown on authentic hardware) but definitely prefer 2 and 3 on the NES. Same with Contra, too

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Steve Yun posted:

It is indeed a Hamster port. I looked up the settings and changed the ugly scaler. Thank you.

However now I am faced with the realization that the game wasn’t that great and feels terrible to control.

Yeah the original does not hold up very well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Snackmar posted:

I prefer Double Dragon 1 arcade (even with the slowdown on authentic hardware) but definitely prefer 2 and 3 on the NES. Same with Contra, too

Well, different strokes, I guess, but I definitely agree with Contra. Holy poo poo, what a slog in the arcade. I appreciate what they were going for but they greatly improved and perfected everything about it on the NES.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I'm really struggling with finishing xenoblade DE. I just got all the characters but I think I burned out on side quests too early, so even though I'm doing only the story now the combat just feels like a slog. Do the final chapters of the game get more exciting?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Midjack posted:

My first session had me laying on the floor for an hour afterwards and my legs still hurt four days later. I got all the way to the end of the first area. I’ve been walking three miles a day since March but obviously I need to do more.

My switch kicked my rear end.

LMAO I always skipped squats whenever possible IRL, so my thighs have been burning since I started!

I am so incredibly thankful that the game is very generous with its breaks! Every time the game is like “ok that’s some good work, why not give it a rest until tomorrow” and I’m on the floor, sweating and shaking, like “...thumbs up”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mirror123 posted:

I'm really struggling with finishing xenoblade DE. I just got all the characters but I think I burned out on side quests too early, so even though I'm doing only the story now the combat just feels like a slog. Do the final chapters of the game get more exciting?

If you turn on casual mode you'll be able to skip a decent chunk of combat

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Al-Saqr posted:

What difficulty do you have it on? You shouldn't have to be doing that many squats in a row, especially if you're just starting with it. Mine makes you do 12 squats when you pick it as a battle option, and enemies take maybe 3-4 exercises to beat. I don't think there's much issue in dropping the difficulty lower -- I'm pretty sure the only thing it does is increase how many squats or whatever you have to do for each turn in battle, since there's no way to increase the resistance on the ring. You might as well drop it down for a while since you'll clear through the opening bits of the game faster and unlock the different mechanics and moves.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I get that maybe the general public wouldn't know why, but videogames are your livelihood.

:psyduck:

One thing that should be obvious by now is that shitloads of people who fit this description are incapable of connecting basic dots about video games or doing a five second google

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Anyone who is trying to get a copy of Ring Fit Adventure - keep checking Best Buy and Walmart's sites. They get some new stock every few weeks. I was finally able to snag one (well, two, after Best Buy sent theirs to the wrong address).

Al-Saqr posted:

Jeez, it wasn't THAT bad for me. Maybe turn the difficulty down? Mine's at 14.

I'm absolutely loving ring fit. I did an hour yesterday (total exercise time, not just time played) and I'm raring to go again today.

Question - do you get better versions of earlier exercises? Because I have Squats, which does 30 damage, and Leg Lifts, which does 60 damage. Why would I ever use squats ever again?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 2, 2020

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Anyone who is trying to get a copy of Ring Fit Adventure - keep checking Best Buy and Walmart's sites. They get some new stock every few weeks. I was finally able to snag one (well, two, after Best Buy sent theirs to the wrong address).

Jeez, it wasn't THAT bad for me. Maybe turn the difficulty down? Mine's at 14.

I'm absolutely loving ring fit. I did an hour yesterday (total exercise time, not just time played) and I'm raring to go again today.

Question - do you get better versions of earlier exercises? Because I have Squats, which does 30 damage, and Leg Lifts, which does 60 damage. Why would I ever use squats ever again?

There is a Ring Fit thread around here that doesn't see much traffic, where I heard that you eventually unlock a whole skill tree and a way to level up the damage for earlier moves. It takes a while to unlock it though, I'm in world 5 and I haven't seen it yet.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

mirror123 posted:

I usually try to switch who I’m playing as every 30 minutes or so for more variety.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Playing dark souls and never parrying is like playing mario and never picking up a power star

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I always lol whenever some goon is like “well AKSHULLY I beat the entire game by spamming a charged R2 heavy attack over and over!” like oh awesome dude I bet it was cool using one attack for 16 hours and never trying to get better at the game, sick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I always lol whenever some goon is like “well AKSHULLY I beat the entire game by spamming a charged R2 heavy attack over and over!” like oh awesome dude I bet it was cool using one attack for 16 hours and never trying to get better at the game, sick

12 hours actually :smugbert:

E: sorry I thought this was the PS4 thread, where someone got ran out for claiming to have beaten Bloodborne in 12 hours on their first try

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Shinsekai is on sale for 15 bucks down from 20. Seemed like a cool game. Worth it at that price?

Also FF12 is half off. That happens often enough right? I don't want to buy it just for that reason seeing as I won't be getting to it any time soon for the next couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

that goon obviously mastered the art of spamming charged R2 heavy attack though