Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I don't know what nod towards absolute realism I like more:

McKee being in dogshit decisions or Pete Spratt giving up his neck, as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lid posted:

I had literally no idea Antonio McKee was fighting that far back. God he sucked.

Fake edit: checking his wiki he's still fighting AND he fought in Bellator just last year AND he won.

How the gently caress do you keep fighting when on your record is you tapped to strikes from Shinya loving Aoki

he's so old his kid fought on that same Bellator card. apparently AJ's a drat good prospect.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Antonio McKee was an internet favorite briefly because he led this angry, constant shittalking proto-social media campaign claiming Dana White and the UFC were scared of him, he was the actual best lightweight AND welterweight in the world and they didn't want him beating up their stars and he knew Dana when Dana was snorting coke in boxercise gyms and etc., and this went on for goddamn YEARS before the UFC finally signed him, and he was very outspoken about how they'd hosed up by bringing him in and he was going to break all their dudes and show the world what it had been missing.

He lost a curtain-jerking undercard fight that was so boring it had a Vegas undercard crowd booing loudly after getting outgrappled by Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann, who despite having ten UFC fights to his name is memorable solely for getting suspended repeatedly because he kept using his post-fight interviews to talk about how he was going to beat up Barack Obama.

Antonio McKee was immediately released from his four-fight contract. Years later he would respond to the whole thing by calling Dana White a bunch of gay slurs in the middle of what was ostensibly a press piece about his son.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

Antonio McKee was an internet favorite briefly because he led this angry, constant shittalking proto-social media campaign claiming Dana White and the UFC were scared of him, he was the actual best lightweight AND welterweight in the world and they didn't want him beating up their stars and he knew Dana when Dana was snorting coke in boxercise gyms and etc., and this went on for goddamn YEARS before the UFC finally signed him, and he was very outspoken about how they'd hosed up by bringing him in and he was going to break all their dudes and show the world what it had been missing.

He lost a curtain-jerking undercard fight that was so boring it had a Vegas undercard crowd booing loudly after getting outgrappled by Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann, who despite having ten UFC fights to his name is memorable solely for getting suspended repeatedly because he kept using his post-fight interviews to talk about how he was going to beat up Barack Obama.

Antonio McKee was immediately released from his four-fight contract. Years later he would respond to the whole thing by calling Dana White a bunch of gay slurs in the middle of what was ostensibly a press piece about his son.

i also remember when Bobby Green submitted Volkmann, in part because Joe Rogan was explaining what Bobby needed to do to finish the choke, and the fighters were close enough that Bobby could hear and implement the advice

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/antonio-mckee-appears-to-bite-jacob-volkmann-at-ufc-125

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So we've moved on to the next event.

First things first we should look at some news.

We let Guy Mezger sign with WEC to give WEC a chance to put together an event (they have barely any fighters).

This is basically so they can run bad events and then we can swoop in and buy them out.

OK so let's move on to PRIDE 18

Our PRIDE HW Grand Prix has started off well with Big Nog, Fedor, Don Frye & Randleman all getting wins to move on to the semifinals.

Anderson is slowly making a name for himself and could get a title shot soon.

We also have Randy being a dominant champion so far and he's doing well to add prestige to our title. Vitor losing puts a bit of a bummer and now I may consider moving him down to 205lbs.

We still made some money despite how lackluster this card was for us financially. Look at the attendance number, this was in Brazil which was 100% lucrative and we got squat overall. Next event is going to not be in Brazil.

Our Credibility took a bump

And we've gone up in popularity, but again not as much in Brazil as I was aiming for. We may do an occasional show in Brazil while looking at other venues.

However Tadao Yasuda retired ending his career at 1-2 overall.

We picked up some new hirings in the form of Josh Barnett & Tito Ortiz

Barnett also just recently fought and won the UFC title and we snagged him up right after.

The news of that day was all Barnett

Weirdly though Randy had a falling out with Matt Lindland and left Team Quest, who could have seen this happen?

Let's take a look at the rankings, first here's the Pound For Pound rankings in the world. We have 7 of the top 10.

OK now here's our rankings.

Now if you notice, we don't have a Lightweight Champion, so let's put a card together to get our LW Tournament going.

As you can tell, I wanna make Dan Henderson the dual weight champion he was in yesteryear.

We reached the end of 2001 and thus got our "Of The Year" Awards, we actually won a few, including one we didn't really want to covet.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 2, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Im fascinated in alternate universe UFC they signed Semmy Schilt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Im fascinated in alternate universe UFC they signed Semmy Schilt

UFC had Schilt fight twice.

Once at UFC 31 vs Pete Williams, and once at UFC 32 vs Josh Barnett.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I had literally no idea.

Sign Semmy!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Push BAO QUACH

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First up some major signings, mainly in the form of a top little man to hire to our promotion to raise the prestige of those lighter weight titles. Right now Jens is in our Bantamweight division (130-149 lbs)

Then we had our 2nd Chiansa Senshi show

Hendo winning the 2nd divisional title is great, though the reception is not so good for us. Hopefully we can get him in more exciting matches in the future.

Jeff Curran took the title of Royler which makes that division interesting. We may run that back since it was well received and was a Split Decision but we'll see how things play out overall.

We have HW Grand Prix & Lightweight Grand Prix brackets to update as well.

We made about as much money off this little show as we did off the recent major show in Brazil.

We got a nice bump in our popularity across the world

And our credibility is quite high.

LobsterMobster posted:

Push BAO QUACH

Good for you, Bao won his fight and has gotten up higher in the rankings. We'll slowly build him up.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 5, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Tiki Ghosn v Karo needs to happen

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mekchu posted:

Hendo winning the 2nd divisional title is great, though the reception is not so good for us. Hopefully we can get him in more exciting matches in the future.

That's asking a lot from Decision Dan. The guy who went to a decision 3 times in one night in Rings

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We also have booked the next show. You may note that Randleman is in our HW Grand Prix, but he is also in a big argument with Cro Cop that is "White Hot" and is worthy of a main event slot. We are also able to crown our Lightweight Champion at this event which we will. We can also toss in a few new arrivals you may recognize like Andrei Arlovski onto the card.

We also are making a play for the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion whose contract has come up for reneweal.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mekchu posted:

We also have booked the next show. You may note that Randleman is in our HW Grand Prix, but he is also in a big argument with Cro Cop that is "White Hot" and is worthy of a main event slot. We are also able to crown our Lightweight Champion at this event which we will. We can also toss in a few new arrivals you may recognize like Andrei Arlovski onto the card.

We also are making a play for the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion whose contract has come up for reneweal.

ooooh yes, i like this

(sadly UFC took down the video on Youtube of Randleman vs Cro Cop I, aka the one where Chuck Liddell is in Randleman's corner and his KO of Mirko causes Mauro Ranallo to absolutely lose his poo poo)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 5, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also feel it is fitting I interrupt a tournament for a needless match that may go south for the tournament participant.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So first up, we got our latest signee and a Rookie of the Year winner

This rivalry between Randleman and CroCop has reached a whole new level, which means it was good for us to put as our next main event fight.

So lets take a look at the results

Jens Pulver, Andrei Arlovski, and Duane Bang Ludwig winning on the undercard is good for their development. On the main card Anderson got another impressive KO win, as well as Fedor making it to the finals of our HW Grand Prix.

Our Lightweight Champion was crowned with Luiz Azeredo besting Naoyuki Kotano. With the debut and signing of several fighters, Luiz is actually ranked lower than them despite his victory and championship status. We have some great challengers in the form of BJ Penn & Caol Uno.

CroCop besting Randleman gave us a nice conclusion to that rivalry, set CroCop up as a top tier challenger in just 2 MMA fights (all of which under our organization) and makes him a top 5 title challenger. We should try and build him up before giving him a title shot.

As you can see our popularity and coffers took a nice bump upwards.

However our boy Big Daddy Gary Goodridge has opted to retire much earlier than I recall him ever doing so following his loss to Tra Telligman. This would have been a better thing for him in reality had he retired at this stage in MMA rather than pushing on for a few more years. Also we were paying him dogshit money so I can't blame him.

The next day we got two new debuting fighters into the game available to hire.

We have also added a new Chiansa Senshi event, not featuring many "Small Warriors" though. However this is a lot of debuting or early in their career fighters.

Also please enjoy this impressive run Anderson Silva has been on in this universe.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 6, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Million dollar gate, is that the first one? Looking good for the future.

Time to get Bob Sapp into some absolute freakshow fights.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Million dollar gate, is that the first one? Looking good for the future.

Time to get Bob Sapp into some absolute freakshow fights.

We've broken $1mil gate before, just once, but have been trending upwards.

PRIDE 15 - $950k
PRIDE 16 - $960k
PRIDE 17 - $1.18mil

PRIDE 18 was a bust but also a venture for us in Brazil that did not pay off like I had hoped. We'll stick to Japan and maybe send the Chiansa Senshi events around the world.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 6, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah crap. I forgot to also put the Lightweight Grand Prix title up for grabs in the same fight as the Lightweight Championship.

TIME FOR ANOTHER TOURNAMENT.

Also, we have 8mil in our bank account and can build up our own media network should we wish. I think possibly we should do that when we get to 10mil in our bank account.

This is how much it would cost for normal broadcasting.

This is how much it would be if we made it internet based.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 6, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Can I do anything to help Joe Doerksen beat Tito? Like can we give Tito ketamine or something?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
dont sign Bob Sapp.

this is us rewriting it an I want to see Bob Sapp's UFC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sign Bob Sapp, only book him vs Welterweights and lower, freakshows are a proven draw.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

An alternate MMA universe where Forrest Griffin competes in JMMA rules is extremely my poo poo

Also, how freakshow can this game get? I'd love for us to make some kind of hosed up Super Hluk Tournament

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Matyushenko is the janitor right? I used to love that guy just for the nickname

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

ilmucche posted:

Matyushenko is the janitor right? I used to love that guy just for the nickname

That's him and he's on a tear in my game!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

put some pride in PRIDE and sign Shad Smith

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Seriously if Doerksen wins lets turn him into the big Canadian superstar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've progressed further into the year and some new things have developed.

We can probably fire him, or bury him via matchmaking.

Our boy Forrest has decided to join us over on the crazy side of MMA.

I couldn't sign Bob Sapp because he wanted a ridiculous amount of money, so RINGS picked him up.

We have a new little man to pick up. I didn't know he was 20-0 at this stage of MMA and that makes his eventual downfall in real life so much more depressing.

Let's take a look of our 3rd Chisana Senshi event.

Josh Barnett picked up a solid win and puts himself in a good spot to contend for the title.

Bao Quach picked up a solid win, though Del Hawkins is a losing record kinda guy at this moment.

BJ Penn made a great debut, and Tito picked up the win vs Doerksen but we'll build Doerksen up despite this set back.

Karo made a nice win so we'll see how well he can go. Nate's KO over Vladimir Matyushenko is one of the fastest KOs in this game so far.

Sadly our popularity took a tad of a dip in Japan, but continued to rise elsewhere.

Since it was a small show we didn't make too much money but we sorta expect that.

We took a few more weeks into the game to allow people to recover and heal up. In that time we picked up a new fighter, but also lost another one to retirement.

Now that we have then progressed a few weeks/months we're going to put on another PRIDE FC card with some of the big names we just saw.

Finally Evangalista Santos is making his debut (he was injured and missed out previously iirc) against our boy Forrest Griffin. GSP is also making his debut against Ninja Rua. Nate The Great vs Chuck is a possible fight we could have gotten ages ago and seems like it'd be fun to have.

Joe Doerksen is making a quick turnaround vs Dave Menne. I think if Doerksen wins this it'll be a big boost to his overall status. Matt Serra & Antonio McKee having been calling each other out so that fight got booked. Randleman vs Big Nog will determine the 2nd Finalist for our HW Grand Prix. Saku vs Minowaman seems like a decent matchup. Vitor and CroCop is another fight that just seems to make sense and could be fun, especially given CroCop's quick dominance. Finally the main event is an Interim Middleweight Title bout between Wanderlei and Tito which the game doesn't say is a rematch, but at this stage in MMA history it would have been since they fought in 2000 at UFC 25 where Tito won via a Decision. This being a rematch and for the interim title (to then face Dan Henderson) is at least more intriguing.

I'm going to book another quick event featuring more Heavyweights on that card to build up that division, as well as a Chisana Senshi card to get our little men to fight more as well.

Here is our next PRIDE FC event after PRIDE 20

Mainly this is to get guy fights and exposure. I may simply retire the Chisana Senshi concept for now as it's hard to run the main shows and the little shows with the rosters while also getting good income from the events (little guys aren't selling as well as I'd like) right now but we'll see.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 8, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Do we have Hellboy? If not, sign Hellboy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
God Miguel Torres... thats a name that was a no doubt slam dunk hall of famer once upon a time just for being a pioneer. And now...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freudian slippers posted:

Do we have Hellboy? If not, sign Hellboy.

When he shows up I can hire him yeah.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's do a quick update so we can move further along in the world.

First up we got a new name to hire, and I have successfully hired the Gangster of West Linn, Oregon.

Next up we held our first of back to back events.

BJ & Forrest picked up the wins on their early fights in the organization. GSP besting Murilo Rua is not super surprising but also notable since Rua was once our sole Welterweight, and is now ranked 25th after this loss. Nate beating Chuck is also kinda interesting to note. Gomi quickly beating Uno makes the Lightweight title picture pretty interesting as does Jens picking up a clear win. Per CommonShore's desire, Joe Doerksen rebounded nicely from his loss to Tito at the last event meaning we can push him in the positive direction and Davide Menne was no real slouch in this regard. Serra has move up higher in the WW rankings thanks to his win and is a top title contender. Big Nog is going to face off versus Fedor for the HW Grand Prix title and a shot at Randy. Minowaman beating Saku is sorta shocking actually. CroCop murdering Vitor is also a bit shocking just that CroCop has been on a tear lately and arguably deserves the next title shot after the HW Grand Prix winner. Wandy also killing Tito's momentum is pretty great as well and is now our Interim Middleweight Champion.

The show did quite well in terms of boosting our popularity and overall finances.

The next event also went pretty decently overall as we can see.

Shamrock beating Yvel is pretty interesting when considering the bottom area of our Heavyweight rankings. Mir, early in his career, beating Mario Sperry is also good for building up Mir's appeal. Joe "Daddy" is going to be built up to be a Lightweight Champion he deserved to be. Don Frye, who LobsterMobster requested we build up and protect, beating Mark Kerr is sorta shocking actually. Lil Nog is growing nicely with this win. Anderson Silva is on a roll and could be a Middleweight contender. Decision Dan did not show up, but H-Bomb Dan did and successfully has defended both his Middleweight & Welterweight titles.

The show didn't do much for our popularity increase however, but it was still decent.

Financially as well didn't do a whole bunch but still in the positive direction.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

By slaying Sakuraba Minowa has secured his place as the #1 Japanese fighter and we should immediately push him as the next big superstar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

By slaying Sakuraba Minowa has secured his place as the #1 Japanese fighter and we should immediately push him as the next big superstar.

I'll allow it.

I've also booked our next event, PRIDE FC 22: Fierce with a pretty stacked card.

We're getting some newcomers a debut fight, Anderson is getting an easy fight I think in Menne, Chael is making his debut against Paulo Filho in a very fitting manner, GSP is going to headline the Prelims though really Anderson should but I didn't notice that. If Minowaman wins versus Doerksen then he 100% gets the next title shot. Same with Serra/Sakurai for the Welterweight title. Rampage & Babalu are in a rivalry so that's why we're putting that together. The rest is quality title fights, with Randy taking a back seat to main event status since the Hendo/Wandy fight is listed as hugely popular as well as the Curran/Pulver fight.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 9, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was a great event.

Anderson winning puts him up there in contention for the title. Chael losing is sad but we can build him up later. Miguel is now a top contender with that win over Royler, as well as GSP.

Minowaman is now the top MW title contender. Fedor is our HW Grand Prix champion and gets the next shot for the HW title. Gomi is the new Lightweight Champion. Randy retained his title and is going to face Fedor next. Jens and Wondy usurped the titles from the reigning champions. This puts Wandy & Dan at 1-1, so maybe we'll do a rubber match after a bit.

We grew quite well from that event.

Let's see our rankings.

We have also shot up in the Credibility department and can get a lot of people to come to our events so we're going to maximize that.

We are also making our way much closer to being a national level of popularity in Asia and almost at a High Regional level in the USA.

Here are our next two events to capitalize on our high credibility rating.

Then two weeks later we're going to do an event in Nevada to see if we can get some more people to turn out.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 10, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen? How high was Filho?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was progressing the game a bit towards our event and tragedy struck.

First, Chael got hurt so I replaced him with Alistair Overeem to face off against Alex Reid at 205lbs.

Chael is out for more or less a month.

Also BJ got into a bar fight or something and got his face all cut up and is out of his fight with Din Thomas.

But some people, including the newly signed Hermes Franca, have stepped up to fight in Penn's spot.

Who do we pick?

Some quick stats to help.

Din is 14-1, 1-0 in PRIDE, #3 Lightweight

Sergey is 2-1, 0-1 in PRIDE, #24 Lightweight
Harris is 1-0, 1-0 in PRIDE, Unranked Lightweight
Hermes is 6-0, 0-0 in PRIDE, #9 Lightweight

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 10, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hermes franca!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Franca's definitely it from a competition standpoint, but if you want to build up Din Thomas you could feed him one of those other dudes. I've absolutely never heard of Golyeav and google tells me nothing, and Sarmiento was really just an aggressively mediocre journeyman.