Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I wanna see lio rush challenge for the tnt championship

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Kind of a bummer that Tony is pretending to be an NBA GM taking a bunch of flyers on minimum contract level folks who might just need a change of scenery to excel instead of paying more to bring in surer bets.

I’m not trying to be lovely here but like who are the surer bets that are available

I really don’t mind them bringing in people who were bad in the wwe and seeing what Old Dustin can do with them training wise because he seems pretty good at his job, Britt and Nyla both have come a long long ways since their debut (I guess that’s more promo wise tho)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The only two sure bets I can think of right now are Lufisto and Nicole Savoy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

We're 2 for 2 in terrible terrible terrible wrestler cast offs.

But let's also consider she probably lives in Orlando and presents a lower risk for travel than a lot of other potential wrestlers, if that's something they're factoring in. There may be more to it than just "bad wrestler is signed".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Kip and Penelope on a two-seater motorcycle with different abilities based on who is driving and who's holding on.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

boxcarhobo posted:

I’m not trying to be lovely here but like who are the surer bets that are available

Well for one they let missed out on Deonna Purrazo to IMPACT. She's someone who could have slotted in to the top of the division.

And I don't know what size dumptruck full of money TK would have to send to get Kairi Sane but she is available.

There also was rumourings last year that IMPACT were willing to loan knockouts to AEW

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

CobiWann posted:

Kip and Penelope on a two-seater motorcycle with different abilities based on who is driving and who's holding on.

And they can swap like Double Dash

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chris Jericho wants Don Callis in AEW :barf:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would enjoy Brodie Lee throwing papers at Don Callis

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Chris Jericho wants Don Callis in AEW :barf:

I like him well enough as an announcer and on screen guy. Have ever since the Jackyl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

I like him well enough as an announcer and on screen guy. Have ever since the Jackyl.

Callis's commentary for New Japan was awful and the desk improved a ton when the Rocky/Chris/Gino combos came in

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Callis's commentary for New Japan was awful and the desk improved a ton when the Rocky/Chris/Gino combos came in

I thought he was fine there. I wouldn't mind him being a heel mouthpiece for someone. Not sure who though. Depending on how long Allie is doing the QT thing, maybe for B&B?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I might be okay with Callis as a manager but he'd gently caress the commentary team so hard, and there's nowhere for him to fit in there anyway. No 4-person booth!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jericho already has enough of his useless friends in AEW. If he wants another one in, he needs to trade him for Jake Hagar or Luther, preferably both.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/GifSkullIV/status/1289749894907850752

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Callis is good at commentary but I don't personally like his style of commentary. He'd make a good manager though if they think someone needs a manager.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Germansimp posted:

Jericho already has enough of his useless friends in AEW. If he wants another one in, he needs to trade him for Jake Hagar or Luther, preferably both.

hire Ralphus

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Callis is also Kenny's friend.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Callis is also Kenny's friend.

People forget this part of how Jericho ended up in this whole sphere. Jericho's buddies with Callis and Gedo, Kenny was Gedo's pet project and Callis was kind of a mentor.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jericho and MJF have been cutting promos about Ratings as a precursor to the return of Cyrus the Virus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could actually see WWE being dumb enough to think 'we're not using Brock, why are we paying Paul E?' only for him to turn up as an additional piece of... say... MJF's act. (Yes, MJF doesn't NEED a manager, but neither did Punk, neither did Nick Bockwinkel... managers sometimes work even if the person can talk)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I could actually see WWE being dumb enough to think 'we're not using Brock, why are we paying Paul E?' only for him to turn up as an additional piece of... say... MJF's act. (Yes, MJF doesn't NEED a manager, but neither did Punk, neither did Nick Bockwinkel... managers sometimes work even if the person can talk)

Not a chance

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I know you weren't saying Paul Heyman managed Nick Bockwinkel but the image of mid 90's Paul E Dangerously managing 70s Nick Bockwinkel is really funny.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I know you weren't saying Paul Heyman managed Nick Bockwinkel but the image of mid 90's Paul E Dangerously managing 70s Nick Bockwinkel is really funny.
Now this is up there with Angle/Bret and Cena/Tanahashi as Things I'm Mad I'll Never See

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
MJF is on a trajectory to be AEW's #1 or #2 signature talent so i doubt he wants to get wrapped up with anybody else

which makes me sad if he's not part of the Horsemen reboot that's coalescing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im probably in the super minority here but four horsemen reduxes have been done so often and so poorly that even if aew could do it right, i dont know if its something i even want. i'd rather see something new and good. i mean, what do we want out of a four horsemen unit that can't just be their own new identity? four guys who are mostly good wrestlers/personalities, i mean thats basically just any stable from any promotion. we already have like 4 major stables in this company, the dark order, the elite, the inner circle, the nightmare family, i mean if we create another one it just starts to feel like overkill. i'd rather, if anything forms, it's a focus point on a manager that just happens to represent several wrestlers like we're seeing with Taz, like we could potentially see with Vicky or Tully.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In general I think we just say "Four Horsemen" because that's the template. In this case it gets enhanced because of Arn and Tully, and the involvement of a Rhodes. But I don't want them to call themselves Horsemen or anything and I don't think they should limit themselves to 4 if they don't want or anything. I just personally like the idea of a heel group forming that ideally for me would involve MJF and FTR vs Cody.

But I'm also in the minority of being over the Inner Circle and thus for me it makes sense to want a new heel faction on top.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've cooled on Inner Circle a lot and they haven't really been doing anything interesting as a group, Stadium Stampede seems like the high water mark so they should probably just start getting into their own programs.

and Hager should just get into a dumpster and live there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hmm...i dunno if FTR are the right fit to go with MJF if he's looking to associate with lackeys or similar interested wrestlers. i think an mjf type would just want to hide behind large men who enjoy the finer things in life, but would also tolerate his bullshit because they're easily bought off. I'm saying that MJF and Wardlow should be backed up by The Gunn Club.

also, why doesn't mike posey have a roster spot on the aew website's referees section?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fun thought, if death triangle added a fourth member they could be Death Diamond

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

fun thought, if death triangle added a fourth member they could be Death Diamond

They already did add two more and now they’re Death Pentagon :hai:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I like the direction they're hinting at with Page and FTR as cowboy guys who just wanna drink and fight.

MJF seems to model himself more on the Piper style heel, so one lackey to hide behind or cheat for him or laugh at his jokes makes sense, but he's too obnoxious for anything more to make sense.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I like the direction they're hinting at with Page and FTR as cowboy guys who just wanna drink and fight.

oh, james storm is the fourth, got it

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What happens if they build two new stables following the splintering of the elite, one horsemen, one WARHORSEmen?

They've been kinda hinting this around Tully and/or Arn (Arn turning down the drink pivots from FTR)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so the tag team tribute show is the 12th? the next live night?

that could be a big show with interesting implications

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Best Friends vs. Santana & Ortiz announced for next Dynamite, bet that’s good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there still no women's match on the card? That kinda sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

Now this is up there with Angle/Bret and Cena/Tanahashi as Things I'm Mad I'll Never See

Cena/Tanahashi is real and it is going to happen, and it is going to happen at the Tokyo Dome, friend :colbert:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Best Friends vs. Santana & Ortiz announced for next Dynamite, bet that’s good.

Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

that's one of the minor things that annoys me at the moment. There is usually a women's match on the card but almost never announced ahead of time. Last week we got Fiamante / Shida and the week before Diamante / Ivelisse, but usually there's no announcement or just "Penelope Ford will be in action"